Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    It was fun. My back is its normal self today, so that's good news!! Thanks!!
    Good to hear!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

    Comment


      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

      Comment


        It was a semi-productive day... and Belgium has flooded in south and east of the country.

        Our summer is doing a spectacular good impression of autumn these days.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

        Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

        Comment


          I need to pay more attention to the tournament next year. Sounds like it was quite the fan experience.

          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          It was a semi-productive day... and Belgium has flooded in south and east of the country.

          Our summer is doing a spectacular good impression of autumn these days.
          Seems like everywhere has either not enough rain or too much. Fire season & hurricane season seems to have hit early here. Hopefully the weather calms there.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
            Seems like everywhere has either not enough rain or too much. Fire season & hurricane season seems to have hit early here. Hopefully the weather calms there.
            In theory, it should stop with the rain from Friday onwards and it should -- in theory -- be dry and sunny this weekend.

            In theory... ...which in Belgium could really mean anything.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

            Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

            Comment




              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

              In theory, it should stop with the rain from Friday onwards and it should -- in theory -- be dry and sunny this weekend.

              In theory... ...which in Belgium could really mean anything.
              A universal truth - weather forecasts are not particularly reliable.

              Comment


                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                A universal truth - weather forecasts are not particularly reliable.
                And when it doesn't pan out, the weatherpeople are to blame cause they said it was going to be better.

                In the meantime, people have died in the floods yesterday. Houses have collapsed.
                It's not good down south.

                *** Later that same day ***

                Thought I'd let y'all know that my part of the country is a little flooded but nothing as bad as it is in the Ardennes or Germany.
                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 15 July 2021, 04:26 AM.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                Comment


                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

                  Weather here has been warm, but cooling off today and tomorrow with the faintest chance of some drizzle in some areas tomorrow. Then it heats up again next week. And there's lots of wildfires all over the West. It's gonna be a long summer.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

                    And when it doesn't pan out, the weatherpeople are to blame cause they said it was going to be better.

                    In the meantime, people have died in the floods yesterday. Houses have collapsed.
                    It's not good down south.

                    *** Later that same day ***

                    Thought I'd let y'all know that my part of the country is a little flooded but nothing as bad as it is in the Ardennes or Germany.
                    I'm glad it's not as bad where you are. I saw some reports about Germany and it's horrifying.


                    Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                    Weather here has been warm, but cooling off today and tomorrow with the faintest chance of some drizzle in some areas tomorrow. Then it heats up again next week. And there's lots of wildfires all over the West. It's gonna be a long summer.
                    People here are grumbling because we keep getting rain, especially on weekends. I want to smack people over the head sometimes because the rain means we won't get wildfires like out West. Be grateful for what you have, you know?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

                      Weather here has been warm, but cooling off today and tomorrow with the faintest chance of some drizzle in some areas tomorrow. Then it heats up again next week. And there's lots of wildfires all over the West. It's gonna be a long summer.
                      The news is frightening. I can’t imagine living through fire season. Hopefully the fire risk is low/stays low where you are. I’ll be in Washington again in September, and I’m already worried. I wasn’t thinking when I booked and the fires last September were so bad. I need to stick to later October methinks.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        I'm glad it's not as bad where you are. I saw some reports about Germany and it's horrifying.
                        Those same images can be applied to what's happened in the south of Belgium.

                        Thing is, 2 weeks from now, we have a holiday planned right in the middle of the region where everything is flooded today and yesterday. I sincerely hope it stops raining now so that the rivers go down again.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                        Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                        Comment


                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          People here are grumbling because we keep getting rain, especially on weekends. I want to smack people over the head sometimes because the rain means we won't get wildfires like out West. Be grateful for what you have, you know?
                          Exactly! A rain a day keeps the wildfires away.

                          Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                          The news is frightening. I can’t imagine living through fire season. Hopefully the fire risk is low/stays low where you are. I’ll be in Washington again in September, and I’m already worried. I wasn’t thinking when I booked and the fires last September were so bad. I need to stick to later October methinks.
                          October up here is fantastic. Halloween actually feels like Halloween, all crisp and cool. And sometimes rainy.

                          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Those same images can be applied to what's happened in the south of Belgium.

                          Thing is, 2 weeks from now, we have a holiday planned right in the middle of the region where everything is flooded today and yesterday. I sincerely hope it stops raining now so that the rivers go down again.
                          That is not good to see, I hope it gets better over there soon!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

                            Those same images can be applied to what's happened in the south of Belgium.

                            Thing is, 2 weeks from now, we have a holiday planned right in the middle of the region where everything is flooded today and yesterday. I sincerely hope it stops raining now so that the rivers go down again.
                            Fingers crossed! I know it’s bad when I see weather from that region pop up in news here in the states.

                            Comment


                              National day of mourning on the 20th and diminished celebration schedule for the 21st the day after (our independence day).

                              The tally for Belgium sits at 20 dead and 20 still missing.


                              Got an email at work today from our CEO and apparently we have colleagues who lost everything or have suffered damage in the floods. My company has offices in all provinces of the country so we have French-speaking colleagues.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                National day of mourning on the 20th and diminished celebration schedule for the 21st the day after (our independence day).

                                The tally for Belgium sits at 20 dead and 20 still missing.


                                Got an email at work today from our CEO and apparently we have colleagues who lost everything or have suffered damage in the floods. My company has offices in all provinces of the country so we have French-speaking colleagues.
                                Yeah the last I heard there were like hundreds of people missing in Germany too. That's just so terrible.


                                Well, I finally watched the final episode of Loki. It was really good!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X