No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm watching the Zoo on Netflix... I'm never looking at animals quite the same way again after this.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Oh, that stinks! Sorry you had to deal with that. *BIG HUGS* My dad got hit with the same scam recently; it got squashed right away as he already had his credit frozen and a fraud alert set up because someone had tried to steal his identity several years ago, but...yeah. Not fun.

I think an SGA mini marathon and some pink fruity drinks with the little umbrellas would be a great idea!
      *hugs back*

Oooh, I have a pink fruity drink in the fridge. I'll be doing that tonight!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's 2:13am -- monday morning... back to work later today... by which I mean, I roll out of bed, turn on my laptop, remember my password, log on, and then set my away message "My coffeemachine is downstairs..." in order to get dressed and get breakfast. At least I signed in on time.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            It's 2:13am -- monday morning... back to work later today... by which I mean, I roll out of bed, turn on my laptop, remember my password, log on, and then set my away message "My coffeemachine is downstairs..." in order to get dressed and get breakfast. At least I signed in on time.
            Gotta love it!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

A monday with lots of inspiration for at least a dozen more chapters for the Office Saga... though the best line heard today was during an unexpected meeting this afternoon.

One of the colleagues was explaining how to create a PDF file and she mentions the shortcut CTRL+P. Another one notes she should write it down to remember that shortcut. Then the oldest of the bunch (turned 60 last year) tells her she'll need 2 hands to press CTRL+P. The rest of us frown confused cause there's a ctrl button not too far from the P-key. We mention that fact and he goes "Oh look, a keyboard has 2 ctrl keys..."

Revelation of the day for him, the rest of us down with laughter.

Comment

A monday with lots of inspiration for at least a dozen more chapters for the Office Saga... though the best line heard today was during an unexpected meeting this afternoon.

One of the colleagues was explaining how to create a PDF file and she mentions the shortcut CTRL+P. Another one notes she should write it down to remember that shortcut. Then the oldest of the bunch (turned 60 last year) tells her she'll need 2 hands to press CTRL+P. The rest of us frown confused cause there's a ctrl button not too far from the P-key. We mention that fact and he goes "Oh look, a keyboard has 2 ctrl keys..."

Oh my goodness, that's really funny. Reminds me of when I was trying to teach my 61 year old sister how to use a laptop. I used up a week's worth of patience.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

OMFG! I can't wait to see how you get THAT moment into the Office Saga!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    OMFG! I can't wait to see how you get THAT moment into the Office Saga!
                    Just need to find a character not all that good with puters, I guess... I'm sure there is one in the city.

Comment

JT2- I just saw your post. I can’t believe that happened with the unemployment scam. I hope you got your credit frozen in time. People suck.

Just need to find a character not all that good with puters, I guess... I'm sure there is one in the city.
                      I was always surprised no other Athosians ever integrated into the SGA fold. That would have been fun to watch as we missed the IT learning curve with Teyla. At least, that I remember. She just demonstrated she’d picked it up at some point. I remember thinking it was cool though that they did make it so seamless as we’ve seen how off the rails the men writers/producers could be with the women characters.

Comment

Maybe Teyla's IT learning curve could be the character I need... like a "Remember that time you found out there are 2 ctrl keys on your keyboard and you only need one hand to press Ctrl+P" ...or she would take it literal and press Ctrl + P...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                          I was always surprised no other Athosians ever integrated into the SGA fold. That would have been fun to watch as we missed the IT learning curve with Teyla. At least, that I remember. She just demonstrated she’d picked it up at some point. I remember thinking it was cool though that they did make it so seamless as we’ve seen how off the rails the men writers/producers could be with the women characters.
                          Yeah, that did always seem kind of odd. Like really, none of the other Athosians wanted in? I suppose the whole thing with Bates being a suspicious a-hole and the Athosians' move to the mainland kinda squelched that, but it really was too ridiculously convenient.

Maybe Teyla's IT learning curve could be the character I need... like a "Remember that time you found out there are 2 ctrl keys on your keyboard and you only need one hand to press Ctrl+P" ...or she would take it literal and press Ctrl + P...
                          I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Oh my goodness, that's really funny. Reminds me of when I was trying to teach my 61 year old sister how to use a laptop. I used up a week's worth of patience.
                            Hi, I'm not dead. Anyway this reminds me of back in the day when I volunteered for a group that did recordings for the blind. While I was there, they switched from analog to digital. It fell to me to teach the others, mostly much older than I, to use the mouse and the recording device. They limited access to most of them but still some managed to screw everything up to the point that I had to call in the techies. Lord have mercy, never again.

And in a bit of twin news, Thing 2 tripped over his own feet on the playground, broke a tooth right up the middle and had to have it pulled. Thing 1 said it was not fair that Thing 2 got to go to the dentist and he didn't, so Mom made an appt for him this week. Boy will he be sorry. Now Thing 2 will have a missing front tooth for years. Dad told Mom that if it bothers her, he will photoshop in a tooth on their Christmas photos. Heh.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Hi, I'm not dead. Anyway this reminds me of back in the day when I volunteered for a group that did recordings for the blind. While I was there, they switched from analog to digital. It fell to me to teach the others, mostly much older than I, to use the mouse and the recording device. They limited access to most of them but still some managed to screw everything up to the point that I had to call in the techies. Lord have mercy, never again.
                              Hi, Not Dead! *hugs you*

OMG, this is why I will never ever volunteer for teaching tech stuff. I have ZERO patience for it. I think my problem is, when I learn tech stuff for myself, I work somewhat on instinct, so it's hard for me to impart that to others.

And in a bit of twin news, Thing 2 tripped over his own feet on the playground, broke a tooth right up the middle and had to have it pulled. Thing 1 said it was not fair that Thing 2 got to go to the dentist and he didn't, so Mom made an appt for him this week. Boy will he be sorry. Now Thing 2 will have a missing front tooth for years. Dad told Mom that if it bothers her, he will photoshop in a tooth on their Christmas photos. Heh.
                              *falls out of chair laughing* Ohhhh, just when I thought the twins couldn't top themselves, they did it! Go Team Twin!

Comment

Hi!!!! Nice to see you around!

Poor Thing 2! And that's so funny about Thing 1. Yeah, he'll learn his lesson. Hahahaha!!

Comment

Working...
                                X