Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Not meh- it was good! I was disappointed because I wanted to read more. Will there be more (hint)? lol. Thanks for sharing!
    The meh was more towards trying to chase the boredom away.
    And the "new mails" I was trying to ignore.

(yes, that bit was based on real life events, except I was playing the online Doctor Who game "Thirteen" on the BBC website cause I don't have solitaire installed on my work computer)

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    SQUEEEEEE!!!!! That was adorable! I'm with Zandra's Ashes--will there be more?
    Well, considering the work I have to do these days, bores me to tears... I have a feeling that this might only be the beginning.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Well, considering the work I have to do these days, bores me to tears... I have a feeling that this might only be the beginning.
      Excellent! *rubs hands together in gleeful anticipation* (though not so much the boring work, because that, you know, always sucks. *hugs*)
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

No sequel today -- my colleague was constantly dumping more to-do things on my list. It felt like a neverending black hole of tasks. I had barely time to breath...

Or maybe later since now that bunny is hopping around, and it won't stay quiet.

Comment

Meh... this happened... (don't mind the mistakes, I just wrote this at work while I was supposed to be working, like Elizabeth)

Spoiler:

Elizabeth stretched as far as her office chair would allow her to go, feeling her back ache in protest. She leaned forward and mumbled to herself about growing old and aches she didn't need. She returned her gaze back to the tablet screen in front of her, the you-have-unopened-mail icon in her taskbar popping up. She moved her finger down from the ace of spades she just moved in her game of solitaire and hit ignore on the new mail.

"Go away!", she grumbled.

"Okay, I'll come back later then."

Elizabeth looked up, finding John's retreating backside hurrying back out of her office.

"No," she called out. "Sorry, not you."

John turned and made his way back to her desk, sitting down on the edge.

"Well then," he started. "How about some lunch?"

"Lunch?", Elizabeth echoed.

"Yes, lunch."

John pointed down at his watch, indicating what time it was. Lunch time.

"Kate and Teyla have already gone ahead."

It slowly started to dawn on Elizabeth that she was supposed to remember something. John continued to look at her, his head tilted just a little to the side, watching her work out what it was she was supposed to be doing right now.

"Oh..."

There it was.

"...lunch...with Kate and Teyla."

"Celebrating their 6-month anniversary," John added helpfully.

"Right."

Elizabeth closed down her game, continued to ignore the blinking mail icon and graciously accepted John's arm.

"To lunch!"
          Adorable. Just like old times. I'm glad someone is still writing.
          (yes, that bit was based on real life events, except I was playing the online Doctor Who game "Thirteen" on the BBC website cause I don't have solitaire installed on my work computer)
          We are watching the new Doc and like her very much. Speaking of which, does anyone else watch Star Trek Discovery? We just started and also like it a lot. I'm glad to see they went back to action instead of endless talking, not that I didn't like Generations.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

No sequel today -- my colleague was constantly dumping more to-do things on my list. It felt like a neverending black hole of tasks. I had barely time to breath...
            *pokes colleague with a sharp stick*

Or maybe later since now that bunny is hopping around, and it won't stay quiet.
            Won't stay quiet, hm? Better hope it doesn't have friends...

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

We are watching the new Doc and like her very much. Speaking of which, does anyone else watch Star Trek Discovery? We just started and also like it a lot. I'm glad to see they went back to action instead of endless talking, not that I didn't like Generations.
            Haven't watched STDisco (yet), though I have spoiled myself on it. Fun, fun, fun stuff. And just wait'll you get to Season 2.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Well, surgery is over. Went well. I'm still sore in random places that had nothing to do with surgery (weird, right?) and can barely talk, but...all things considered not too bad. I did drive in the night before (I traveled for a Vandy surgeon) and was able to take a good walk (it was quiet in the university area with classes shut down) and grab take out from a restaurant that does double duty as a country music museum.

Off to nap some more
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Well, surgery is over. Went well. I'm still sore in random places that had nothing to do with surgery (weird, right?) and can barely talk, but...all things considered not too bad. I did drive in the night before (I traveled for a Vandy surgeon) and was able to take a good walk (it was quiet in the university area with classes shut down) and grab take out from a restaurant that does double duty as a country music museum.

Off to nap some more
                  Yay! Glad everything went well and you're doing all right, except for the barely talking part, eek! Hope that clears up soon! Very cool you were able to enjoy a nice little trip in the bargain, too.

Comment

Off to nap some more
                    Glad it went well. Heal fast and hope you can talk soon. Surgery can be very hard on the throat with the tube and all.
                    sigpic

Comment

Occasionally...

Speaking of which, does anyone else watch Star Trek Discovery? We just started and also like it a lot. I'm glad to see they went back to action instead of endless talking, not that I didn't like Generations.
                      Eagerly awaiting the third season.

Big fan of Discovery.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

Sorry I haven't been around. Life has been crazy over the last few weeks.
                            Spoiler:
                            I thought I just had atypical cells but instead had cancer - well, DCIS - stage 0 cancer. So I thought it would mean radiation and drug therapy, but then they tell me I have to have more surgery. Then some of my genetic markers came back bad (not BRCA1 or 2, thank goodness). Anyway, I'm now in the process of getting a second opinion from Dana Farber). Between that going on and work, I haven't had a lot of time to come here.

Off to nap some more
                            I'm so glad you're doing okay! Get plenty of rest. My throat hurt for a good week after my last surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Yay! Glad everything went well and you're doing all right, except for the barely talking part, eek! Hope that clears up soon! Very cool you were able to enjoy a nice little trip in the bargain, too.
                              It was so weird. For whatever reason I wasn't really nervous, so it was just a nice quiet night.

Glad it went well. Heal fast and hope you can talk soon. Surgery can be very hard on the throat with the tube and all.
                              They also removed my right thyroid so we were nervous about vocal chord damage, I had a nodule right against it. Good news is no damage, like you said, I think most of it is due to the tube. I just try to use it too much until my body essentially tells me to shut it
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Sorry I haven't been around. Life has been crazy over the last few weeks.
                                Spoiler:
                                I thought I just had atypical cells but instead had cancer - well, DCIS - stage 0 cancer. So I thought it would mean radiation and drug therapy, but then they tell me I have to have more surgery. Then some of my genetic markers came back bad (not BRCA1 or 2, thank goodness). Anyway, I'm now in the process of getting a second opinion from Dana Farber). Between that going on and work, I haven't had a lot of time to come here.

I'm so glad you're doing okay! Get plenty of rest. My throat hurt for a good week after my last surgery.
                                So sorry to hear that. You will be in my prayers.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X