Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Oh come one... why can't we burn it down?

    That's so not cool...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

    Comment


      First Strike is on TV this afternoon. Seems fitting. It's been a Monday of a Tuesday.

      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      It was a brilliant Saturday!!

      I met my favorite Charmed sister -- Holly Marie Combs -- today and she's an amazing person to meet.

      Also met Bernard Hill (Captain Smith in Titanic, and of course, King Theoden in LOTR), Alex Kingston (River Song in Doctor Who), Keegan Connor Tracy (from Once Upon A Time), Colin Baker (6th Doctor), Neve McIntosh (<-- Madame Vastra) and (her wife Jenny -->) Catrin Stewart.

      Bought Anthony Daniel's book "I am C-3PO" which comes with a free autograph which I might pick up tomorrow but his waiting lines were quite long today, i.e. spanning the entire room I think so I'm not sure. I already have his autograph from a few years ago so it wouldn't be a big loss if I didn't get the book signed.

      And also tomorrow we have 2 photoshoots planned, one with Alex Kingston and one with the Paternoster Gang from Doctor Who (Dan Starkey (Strax the Sontaran), Neve McIntosh and Catrin Stewart.

      It was an incredibly relaxing day though so I've had a blast. No rushing, no sensory overloads, just plenty to enjoy.
      Jealous in the best kind of way. So glad you had an amazing day!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I'll do you one better --> Minion UNO cardgame @ Amazon.com.

        It has a an extra rule where you use to mutated purple minion to cause even more havoc.

        Can't wait to play it.
        That looks like fun!! I wonder if I could convince my family to play it. Hmmmm....




        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

        I'll be offline for a couple of days on a short trip on the mainland, starting later today. So everyone stay safe, have fun, and try not to burn down the internet while I'm gone! I'll see you all when I get back late Thursday!
        Have fun, and if we have to not break the internet, you have to not break the mainland!!


        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Oh come one... why can't we burn it down?

        That's so not cool...
        I know!! Breaking GW is the best feeling.

        Comment


          IT SNOWED IN BELGIUM!!!!

          It's not gonna stick but I don't care... IT FINALLY SNOWED!!!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

          Comment


            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            IT SNOWED IN BELGIUM!!!!

            It's not gonna stick but I don't care... IT FINALLY SNOWED!!!
            Congrats. I'm glad it's you and not us. Do your drivers lose their ever-loving minds?
            sigpic

            Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Do your drivers lose their ever-loving minds?
              Oh hell yeah... ... like you wouldn't believe.

              But they also do that when it's raining so you get used to it.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

              Comment


                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Oh hell yeah... ... like you wouldn't believe.

                But they also do that when it's raining so you get used to it.
                Same thing here and I'm willing to bet Brussels is much like DC because of the influx of people from all over the world who don't necessarily know how to drive in snow, rain or sometimes even in sunshine.
                sigpic

                Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Same thing here and I'm willing to bet Brussels is much like DC because of the influx of people from all over the world who don't necessarily know how to drive in snow, rain or sometimes even in sunshine.
                  There are several roadworks going into Brussels so traffic isn't going to go fast anyways.

                  Then there's also the new 2020 standard for the Low Emission Zone which keeps a fair few cars out of Brussels.

                  But most importantly -- Belgium has a week off so traffic is little calmer than usual.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                  Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    IT SNOWED IN BELGIUM!!!!

                    It's not gonna stick but I don't care... IT FINALLY SNOWED!!!
                    Cool!!! Like SR says, better you than us! We've had a very mild winter and I have enjoyed that.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Cool!!! Like SR says, better you than us! We've had a very mild winter and I have enjoyed that.
                      Working from home today, I'm keeping a constant eye out the window. The weather people said there would be more snow today so I'm hoping that means in my part of the country. We're in the center, closer to the south where snow is piled up, a foot high (that is a lot of snow for these parts) -- we had about 4 cm yesterday (that's like almost 2 inches of snow -- which is a LOT for these parts).
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 27 February 2020, 02:15 AM.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                      Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                      Comment


                        We're heading out to babysit the twins for a couple of days. I'm sure I will have lots of stories when I get back. Here's hoping my back holds up. There's no explaining to an 18 month old that Grandma can't pick him up.
                        sigpic

                        Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                        Comment


                          In today's episode of how to embarrass myself- went to ER with chest pain. It feels like someone has a squeezing grip on my heart and pain is radiating down my arm. My doctor was very kind (i.e. did not laugh) when he explained, no, not a heart attack, rather I've been working out too much. (who knew that was possible?) Apparently too many planks for plank newbies is quite hard on the ribs. He explained that he did cross fit so he understood. He said it with such a straight face that I almost laughed. Cross Fit people are seriously scary though.

                          Stopped by the pharmacy on the way home to fill my prescription and bought 75% off valentine Reese's and a Strawberry and a Lemon hostess cupcake pack. The clerk smiled and said, well, the medicine does say to take with food.

                          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Working from home today, I'm keeping a constant eye out the window. The weather people said there would be more snow today so I'm hoping that means in my part of the country. We're in the center, closer to the south where snow is piled up, a foot high (that is a lot of snow for these parts) -- we had about 4 cm yesterday (that's like almost 2 inches of snow -- which is a LOT for these parts).
                          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          We're heading out to babysit the twins for a couple of days. I'm sure I will have lots of stories when I get back. Here's hoping my back holds up. There's no explaining to an 18 month old that Grandma can't pick him up.
                          Yay- incoming twin time stories! And I can't imagine how hard that is when they turn those big adoring eyes towards you and reach for you to pick them up. Mr. SR better bring his A game.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Working from home today, I'm keeping a constant eye out the window. The weather people said there would be more snow today so I'm hoping that means in my part of the country. We're in the center, closer to the south where snow is piled up, a foot high (that is a lot of snow for these parts) -- we had about 4 cm yesterday (that's like almost 2 inches of snow -- which is a LOT for these parts).
                            I hope it snowed enough so you could go out and enjoy it!!



                            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            We're heading out to babysit the twins for a couple of days. I'm sure I will have lots of stories when I get back. Here's hoping my back holds up. There's no explaining to an 18 month old that Grandma can't pick him up.
                            Good luck, to you and your back!!


                            Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                            In today's episode of how to embarrass myself- went to ER with chest pain. It feels like someone has a squeezing grip on my heart and pain is radiating down my arm. My doctor was very kind (i.e. did not laugh) when he explained, no, not a heart attack, rather I've been working out too much. (who knew that was possible?) Apparently too many planks for plank newbies is quite hard on the ribs. He explained that he did cross fit so he understood. He said it with such a straight face that I almost laughed. Cross Fit people are seriously scary though.

                            Stopped by the pharmacy on the way home to fill my prescription and bought 75% off valentine Reese's and a Strawberry and a Lemon hostess cupcake pack. The clerk smiled and said, well, the medicine does say to take with food.
                            That sounds scary!! I would have suspected heart attack too. I'm glad it was exercise pain. Maybe you should slow down a little on the planks.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              I hope it snowed enough so you could go out and enjoy it!!
                              It snowed plenty but it melted on impact so no snowman.

                              There's plenty in the Ardennes but I doubt I'll be able to get my dad and sister to go enjoy it this weekend.
                              It's been exactly a year since mom passed away so I don't know...
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                              Comment


                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Oh come one... why can't we burn it down?

                                That's so not cool...


                                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Have fun, and if we have to not break the internet, you have to not break the mainland!!
                                I can happily report I did not break the mainland while I was over there. All went well, and I'm back for more mayhem here. Speaking of which...

                                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                I know!! Breaking GW is the best feeling.
                                Exactly! Which is why I don't want to miss out on the fun while I'm gone.

                                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                IT SNOWED IN BELGIUM!!!!

                                It's not gonna stick but I don't care... IT FINALLY SNOWED!!!
                                Yaaaaayyyyyyy! Have lots of fun and stay away from the crazy drivers!

                                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Same thing here and I'm willing to bet Brussels is much like DC because of the influx of people from all over the world who don't necessarily know how to drive in snow, rain or sometimes even in sunshine.
                                LOL, honestly I think people up here don't know how to drive in the sunshine just like LA drivers can't drive in the rain.

                                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                We're heading out to babysit the twins for a couple of days. I'm sure I will have lots of stories when I get back. Here's hoping my back holds up. There's no explaining to an 18 month old that Grandma can't pick him up.
                                Have fun with the twins and take it easy!

                                Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                                In today's episode of how to embarrass myself- went to ER with chest pain. It feels like someone has a squeezing grip on my heart and pain is radiating down my arm. My doctor was very kind (i.e. did not laugh) when he explained, no, not a heart attack, rather I've been working out too much. (who knew that was possible?) Apparently too many planks for plank newbies is quite hard on the ribs. He explained that he did cross fit so he understood. He said it with such a straight face that I almost laughed. Cross Fit people are seriously scary though.

                                Stopped by the pharmacy on the way home to fill my prescription and bought 75% off valentine Reese's and a Strawberry and a Lemon hostess cupcake pack. The clerk smiled and said, well, the medicine does say to take with food.
                                Eeeek on the chest pain! Glad to hear it turned out to just be exercise-related. I've gotten pains like that when I work my torso a little too much, so I know what that's like.

                                LOL on the snackage. Hey, whatever works, am I right?
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X