Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    And my weekend is of to a brilliant start...
    I like her hair blonde better.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I like her hair blonde better.
      I don't think the red stuck around for very long...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't think the red stuck around for very long...
        It was just in Echoes, right?

Comment

Thanks for the positive thoughts. I'm pissed at the company because they told me emphatically that they would tell me about the job EITHER WAY. They lied, the lying liars.
          They always say that but seldom follow through.

The new computer is up and functioning thanks to my live in level 4 tech support. May this one have a long life and prosper. The last one lived to the ripe old age of 11. It was a dinosaur in computer years.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            They always say that but seldom follow through.

The new computer is up and functioning thanks to my live in level 4 tech support. May this one have a long life and prosper. The last one lived to the ripe old age of 11. It was a dinosaur in computer years.
            I guess I was naive to assume they would tell the truth.

Good luck with the new computer! Eleven years old is VERY old in computer years. Impressive.

Comment

Comment

It was just in Echoes, right?
                And Doppelganger -- you know, that episode that I rarely speak of.

Holy hannah... ELEVEN years old... ... That's ancient.

Mine's 9.
                But since Windows 7 is about to stop being supported, I'll have to buy a new one come January 14, 2020.

Comment

And Doppelganger -- you know, that episode that I rarely speak of.
                  Seasons 4 and 5 aren't canon. *nods*

Comment

I died from WHAT?

Girlfriend don't even get me started.

Comment

Seasons 4 and 5 aren't canon. *nods*
                      Word.

And ....

Kate & Carson catching up in the afterlife on how they died.
                      I think I need to write that fic now.

Comment

Holy hannah... ELEVEN years old... ... That's ancient.

Mine's 9.
                        But since Windows 7 is about to stop being supported, I'll have to buy a new one come January 14, 2020.
                        Mine is a Mac but I haven't been able to update the OS for years. Now I'm all new again.

On Windows 7 you technically don't have to buy a new computer. You just won't be able to update, but considering a lot of people will be in your position, there may be good sales.
                        sigpic

Comment

On Windows 7 you technically don't have to buy a new computer. You just won't be able to update, but considering a lot of people will be in your position, there may be good sales.
                          Considering my laptop's soundsystem has literally died on me, and today the HDMI port refused to work as well, I will have to buy a new laptop. It's slowly, but surely, dying on me.

It's telling me in no uncertain terms to get my act in gear and prepare for final shut down.

Comment

I think it's time for me to get a new laptop as well. I use my work laptop for everything- I'm wondering if a update is what is giving me issues responding to quotes here? I love the idea of a Mac, but not sure I'm ready for the learning curve.

JT2- sorry they didn't respond, but again- might be another sign that the company is not one you want to land at. Do you use Linked In to network? Sometimes that can be helpful. Recruiters reach out quite often.

FH- Scotland question. Would you have felt safe traveling solo by car? Looks like I can hit what I want by train, except the Isle of Sky, but...I think I would enjoy it more with the flexibility of a car. I travel solo frequently, but for some reason the thought of driving alone is making me slightly nervous for this trip. I guess because I expect some of the stretches of road to not be so heavily traveled. I'm still having flashbacks to my Olympic Peninsula/Oregon road trip when I ended up lost in a wireless/GPS deadzone and on a volcano.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                              I think it's time for me to get a new laptop as well. I use my work laptop for everything- I'm wondering if a update is what is giving me issues responding to quotes here? I love the idea of a Mac, but not sure I'm ready for the learning curve.
                              I don't think it's your computer since the multi-quote only works for me half the time.

JT2- sorry they didn't respond, but again- might be another sign that the company is not one you want to land at. Do you use Linked In to network? Sometimes that can be helpful. Recruiters reach out quite often.
                              I have not used Linked In. I should give it a try. Thanks for the idea!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                                I felt the same way when we made the big switch but found that once you go Mac, you'll never go back. Heh. Everything synchs from desktop to phone to iPad if you have Apple products. But I'm spoiled by having Mr. SR. around to explain everything. His sister changed to an iPhone recently and nobody in the fam can adequately explain the cloud to her. SR Jr. is up next. We'll see how he does. LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X