Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I watched the latest season of that show because Goran Visnjic was on it (I'm obsessed with the man, I tells ya - he is to me what Joe Flanigan is to you). It was pretty funny. But not so funny that I went back to watch the non-Goran episodes. *shrugs*

    That's a good way to describe it!
    I forgot about him. He was great in this as always. I think my DIL's interest comes from Timothy Olyphant who is to her as JF is to me. LOL Mr. SR and SR Jr. are very tolerant and confident men.

    Speaking of JF, I am still watching General Hospital mostly in FF for his part. He's doing a great job and has settled into the character nicely. They must like him because his screen time has increased a lot.
    sigpic

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

    Comment


      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I had to be talked into watching at first but now love it. Drew doesn't eat brains but she loves to snack on ears. In the first season she ate
      Spoiler:
      Nathan Fillion, buried his body in the desert and kept his talking head in the basement. In the second season Alan Tudyk took over the roll.
      OMG that's hilarious!

      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I forgot about him. He was great in this as always. I think my DIL's interest comes from Timothy Olyphant who is to her as JF is to me. LOL Mr. SR and SR Jr. are very tolerant and confident men.

      Speaking of JF, I am still watching General Hospital mostly in FF for his part. He's doing a great job and has settled into the character nicely. They must like him because his screen time has increased a lot.
      Oooh, he's become a bonafide soap opera hottie!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I forgot about him. He was great in this as always. I think my DIL's interest comes from Timothy Olyphant who is to her as JF is to me. LOL Mr. SR and SR Jr. are very tolerant and confident men.


        That's hilarious!! Poor Mr. SR and SR Jr.



        Speaking of JF, I am still watching General Hospital mostly in FF for his part. He's doing a great job and has settled into the character nicely. They must like him because his screen time has increased a lot.
        Sweet!! I stopped watching after the first few episodes. (Sorry Joe!) I used to be a major soap watcher when I was younger but now it just doesn't appeal to me.

        Comment


          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post


          That's hilarious!! Poor Mr. SR and SR Jr.





          Sweet!! I stopped watching after the first few episodes. (Sorry Joe!) I used to be a major soap watcher when I was younger but now it just doesn't appeal to me.
          I hear you. I was addicted to Days of Our Lives for going on 30 years but it just got ridiculous and I quit cold turkey. I have no idea what's going on for the most part except for Joe's little area. Something about getting a girl our of a dangerous cult. Her dad appears to be a gangster or something. Good times.
          sigpic

          Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I was addicted to Days of Our Lives for going on 30 years...
            Bold and the Beautiful -- my mom and grandma watched it, okay... *whistles*
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

            Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

            Comment


              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I hear you. I was addicted to Days of Our Lives for going on 30 years but it just got ridiculous and I quit cold turkey. I have no idea what's going on for the most part except for Joe's little area. Something about getting a girl our of a dangerous cult. Her dad appears to be a gangster or something. Good times.

              I used to watch Days of our Lives too. That was one of my shows. I loved Santa Barbara and Guiding Light, until they got cancelled. In fact, when I was in college I was so into Guiding Light that I would skip my Logic class every Wednesday because it was at the time Guiding Light was on (remember the days before DVR).



              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Bold and the Beautiful -- my mom and grandma watched it, okay... *whistles*
              Tee-hee!! My grandmother used to watch Days. I got my mom into Guiding Light. She would complain to me bitterly that I got her hooked on the damn show.

              Comment


                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                I used to watch Days of our Lives too. That was one of my shows. I loved Santa Barbara and Guiding Light, until they got cancelled. In fact, when I was in college I was so into Guiding Light that I would skip my Logic class every Wednesday because it was at the time Guiding Light was on (remember the days before DVR).

                Tee-hee!! My grandmother used to watch Days. I got my mom into Guiding Light. She would complain to me bitterly that I got her hooked on the damn show.
                When I was in college my friends and I used to try to schedule no classes at 1pm so we could watch Days. I also remember when I was dating Mr. SR and he overheard me and some friends talking about certain people from the show and he thought they were real. To this day he loves to tell this story. After Mrs. Horton passed though, it was never the same.
                sigpic

                Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  When I was in college my friends and I used to try to schedule no classes at 1pm so we could watch Days. I also remember when I was dating Mr. SR and he overheard me and some friends talking about certain people from the show and he thought they were real. To this day he loves to tell this story. After Mrs. Horton passed though, it was never the same.
                  YES!! That made me so sad when she died. She was like another grandmother.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    I watched the latest season of that show because Goran Visnjic was on it (I'm obsessed with the man, I tells ya - he is to me what Joe Flanigan is to you). It was pretty funny. But not so funny that I went back to watch the non-Goran episodes. *shrugs*

                    That's a good way to describe it!
                    I've got to catch up. In the first season the humor kept catching me by surprise and I loved that I didn't always predict what was coming next, and I think that is hard for writers to do. At least me. My family hates watching tv/movies with me because I always predict what's going to happen. I've mostly learned to be quiet now

                    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I forgot about him. He was great in this as always. I think my DIL's interest comes from Timothy Olyphant who is to her as JF is to me. LOL Mr. SR and SR Jr. are very tolerant and confident men.

                    Speaking of JF, I am still watching General Hospital mostly in FF for his part. He's doing a great job and has settled into the character nicely. They must like him because his screen time has increased a lot.
                    Glad to hear that. I gave up because his character was not consistently on the show. I need to work on the fast forward technique, but it was seeming like too much work for the little bits he was in the show. I wonder if they have old epps online so I can catch up.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

                    Comment


                      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

                      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Sweet!! I stopped watching after the first few episodes. (Sorry Joe!) I used to be a major soap watcher when I was younger but now it just doesn't appeal to me.
                      Same here. My mom used to watch the ABC block, so I watched with her. Then things started getting weirder than usual and they cancelled All My Children and One Life to Live, and she stopped watching altogether. Oh well. But I'll never forget the annual Quartermaine Thanksgiving shenanigans.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                      Comment


                        I'm sitting, waiting, at the dermatologist office. Oh, the perils of being pale. (In my case, almost translucent).

                        ETA: All clear for another year. Woo hoo!
                        Last edited by JT-2; 09 May 2019, 01:20 PM.

                        Comment


                          LOL @ myself

                          I had to check what my youtube channel was again, and I kinda got stuck watching my own videos and thinking to myself, "Wow, I made those... oh, that transition could have been done better... nope, not quite to the music...yup, perfect imagery and music..." -- and then remembered I was only there to copy the link.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                          Comment


                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            I'm sitting, waiting, at the dermatologist office. Oh, the perils of being pale. (In my case, almost translucent).

                            ETA: All clear for another year. Woo hoo!
                            LOL yep! Right here with you in the translucent skin brigade! And yay for being all in the clear!

                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            LOL @ myself

                            I had to check what my youtube channel was again, and I kinda got stuck watching my own videos and thinking to myself, "Wow, I made those... oh, that transition could have been done better... nope, not quite to the music...yup, perfect imagery and music..." -- and then remembered I was only there to copy the link.
                            OMG I get distracted like that all the time!
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

                              LOL yep! Right here with you in the translucent skin brigade! And yay for being all in the clear!
                              Pale skinned people unite!!

                              So I saw Endgame today. It was great!! And yes, I did cry.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Pale skinned people unite!!

                                So I saw Endgame today. It was great!! And yes, I did cry.
                                *raises hand* Another pale skin in the house. My dermatologist is on speed dial. Mr. SR also goes in once a year and has stuff removed from his bald head. The sun really is a bad word. Plus when we were kids nobody knew it was bad to lobsterize yourself.
                                sigpic

                                Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X