Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yikes! FH, your team lead sounds like a tyrant! Sorry you've got to deal with that.
    Her other team is literally treated like robots, but we've slowly started the cracks of rebellion.

Our two new colleagues also noticed that me and the other colleague who switched leads are not exactly fitting in with the rest of the team, indicating we are much less likely to keep our mouths shut and will muck around at any given time of day, get up, pull funky stunts and relay a particularly funny joke to the rest.

It's probably going to end with a battle of wills...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Her other team is literally treated like robots, but we've slowly started the cracks of rebellion.

Our two new colleagues also noticed that me and the other colleague who switched leads are not exactly fitting in with the rest of the team, indicating we are much less likely to keep our mouths shut and will muck around at any given time of day, get up, pull funky stunts and relay a particularly funny joke to the rest.

It's probably going to end with a battle of wills...
      A battle of wills? Quick, lock up the iocane powder!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Tickets to see Infinity War today.

I know, I know... late to the game.

Comment

Tickets to see Infinity War today.

I know, I know... late to the game.
          Hope you enjoy it. We saw Solo yesterday. I don't understand all the negativity. It was delightful and fun with good acting in every case. A great popcorn movie.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Hope you enjoy it. We saw Solo yesterday. I don't understand all the negativity. It was delightful and fun with good acting in every case. A great popcorn movie.
            I saw Solo as well. I thought it was pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking, but good solid entertainment.

I haven't seen Infinity War yet. Denial is a powerful thing.

Comment

Hope you enjoy it.
              I can't believe I'm going to say this but I paid 11 euro 50, and sat in a very uncomfortable chair for 3 hours... for this.

Visual effects were extraordinary. The costumes were fingerlickin' good. And Wakanda Forever!
              But the music was disappointing, and they utterly lost track of the story.

It's like they crammed in too many characters and then forgot to tell a good story.

No, I don't see the exitement I'm afraid.

I laughed at all the right moments and probably forgot to breath in a few others, but I'm not getting the the "OH. MY. GODDESS. This is so good"-buzz. Felt that for exactly one moment: when Stark activated his latest suit -- that's when I literally said, "Holy ****, that is so cool! " out loud.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Still haven't seen Solo. Gonna wait until it hits cable, just like I have with the other new Star Wars movies. Perfectly enjoyable that way.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I paid 11 euro 50, and sat in a very uncomfortable chair for 3 hours... for this.

Visual effects were extraordinary. The costumes were fingerlickin' good. And Wakanda Forever!

It's like they crammed in too many characters and then forgot to tell a good story.

I laughed at all the right moments and probably forgot to breath in a few others, but I'm not getting the the "OH. MY. GODDESS. This is so good"-buzz. Felt that for exactly one moment: when Stark activated his latest suit -- that's when I literally said, "Holy ****, that is so cool! " out loud.
                Just remember, IW is Part 1 of a two-part story. They may have ditched the "Infinity War Part 2" subtitle, they may be distancing themselves from saying it in interviews, but it's still a two-part story. So it's quite natural that it seems unfinished and at loose ends. For now...

And yeah, that suitup was pure Iron Man armor pr0n at its finest. RAWR.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh and when Bruce tripped over that stone on the battlefield... my sister and I utterly lost it. Good thing, there weren't that many other people in the room with us.

Comment

I agree with this. I think they are trying too hard and for people like me who are not part of the Marvel fandom and easily get confused by involved plots, I think less would be more. But the action is great.

Mr. SR and I watched the first ep of The Expanse and both had a similar reaction. Who are these people and why do we care about them? And if I had a haircut like that one guy, I'd wear a hat too. Another involved confusing plot with too much going on. Too bad because we are looking for a new series on Amazon.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I agree with this. I think they are trying too hard and for people like me who are not part of the Marvel fandom and easily get confused by involved plots, I think less would be more. But the action is great.

Mr. SR and I watched the first ep of The Expanse and both had a similar reaction. Who are these people and why do we care about them? And if I had a haircut like that one guy, I'd wear a hat too. Another involved confusing plot with too much going on. Too bad because we are looking for a new series on Amazon.
                      I'd advise you to at least stick with it until Episode 4. That's the point where a lot of views got on board. The characters took a little while to grow on me, but now they are some of my favorites. Also, unraveling the mystery of exactly what is going on with the plot is meant to be part of the intrigue of the first season.

Oh and for the record, I loved Infinity War. I've seen it four times now. That's only one away from my "visits to the the theaters per movie" record .
                      Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 10 June 2018, 10:29 PM.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        Oh and for the record, I loved Infinity War. I've seen it four times now. That's only one away from my "visits to the the theaters per movie" record .
                        Considering I have no intention to pay 11,50 euro again for it, I'll wait till it's out on DVD to watch it again. Also, sofa at home is also far more comfortable.

Next on the list is Deadpool 2, Ocean's 8 and Love Simon.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Oh and when Bruce tripped over that stone on the battlefield... my sister and I utterly lost it. Good thing, there weren't that many other people in the room with us.
                          OMG Bruce trying to get the Hulk to come out and Hulk playing Keep Away was HILARIOUS!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

Happy Tuesday!

Still no news on a Timeless renewal. I'm getting really pissed about it. If NBC is just letting the contract expire or something, I'm going to hate NBC until my dying days. And I'm very good at holding a grudge. (Damn fracking jerk, Mallozzi).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Happy Tuesday!

Still no news on a Timeless renewal. I'm getting really pissed about it. If NBC is just letting the contract expire or something, I'm going to hate NBC until my dying days. And I'm very good at holding a grudge. (Damn fracking jerk, Mallozzi).
                                Ugh, I'm hating everything Comcast right now...I swear, if they manage to derail Disney's bid to buy Fox Studios, I am gonna be PISSED. I want Doctor Doom back with Marvel Studios, darnit.

Comment

Working...
                                X