Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    It's just wanting everything to be right and on time. Perfectly understandable.
    I'm a perfectionist -- both a blessing and a curse.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      How was Book Club? I thought it looked good until I found out the book was 50 Shades. Hopefully they make fun of it rather than find it romantic.
      Book Club was very funny. I've always loved Candice Bergen. They both make fun of 50 Shades and think it's hot. I was able to ignore that bit and enjoy it anyway.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I'm a perfectionist -- both a blessing and a curse.
        It is indeed. (and I speak as a perfectionist myself) It's frustrating as heck, but very satisfying when something I'm working on comes out the way I want.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Book Club was very funny. I've always loved Candice Bergen. They both make fun of 50 Shades and think it's hot. I was able to ignore that bit and enjoy it anyway.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

True. I understand why they have this requirement, but I'm still just annoyed that I have to get shots.

And still no news on whether Timeless will get renewed. I don't have a good feeling. Damn you ShipperWriter for getting me hooked on a show that's going to be cancelled.
          Sorry*coughs*notsorry

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Yep, we have those too. I had to get a tetanus shot a couple of years ago when I cut both my thumbs with a rusty razor blade while removing wallpaper. Don't ask.

Flu shots are mandatory for healthcare workers. Mr. SR and I never get flu shots. Maybe we like to live dangerously but we're not around that many people. We may start now that we're older.

The neighborhood meeting turned into a lot of fun catching up, but I have 3 vicious mosquito bites now.
          I got a tetanus shot because I got attacked by a seagull while trying to covertly eat cheese fries on the beach. And I’m a local so I was keeping an eye out and he still got me. Grr. As for flu shots, I’ve never gotten one, and I’ve also never gotten the flu. Guess my mom gifted me an incredible immune system.

I’m on a college deadline myself so I feel your pain, FH. I have exactly 2 months from today to finish 26 Photoshop type exam projects. So, this oughta be fun! But on the plus side, one of my recent exams asked me to make a movie poster type thing, so... I rummaged around in my SGA folder and made this:

9B3E903D-525D-44F4-BD5B-151579550B3A.jpg

Nostalgia, anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            I’m on a college deadline myself so I feel your pain, FH. I have exactly 2 months from today to finish 26 Photoshop type exam projects.
            I didn't manage all my assignments, so I came up one short, but oh well... in the end the certificate doesn't hold weight anyway. It's just for fun, I guess.

If you need photoshop help -- I can always assist somewhere.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday and First Day of June!

I got a tetanus shot because I got attacked by a seagull while trying to covertly eat cheese fries on the beach. And I’m a local so I was keeping an eye out and he still got me. Grr. As for flu shots, I’ve never gotten one, and I’ve also never gotten the flu. Guess my mom gifted me an incredible immune system.
              Seagulls are even crazier than crows. And that's saying something!

I’m on a college deadline myself so I feel your pain, FH. I have exactly 2 months from today to finish 26 Photoshop type exam projects. So, this oughta be fun! But on the plus side, one of my recent exams asked me to make a movie poster type thing, so... I rummaged around in my SGA folder and made this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42636[/ATTACH]

Nostalgia, anybody?
              Great poster! Ahhh, the golden age. Always glad to see it.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Sorry*coughs*notsorry
                You don't SOUND very sorry.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42636[/ATTACH]

Nostalgia, anybody?
                Nice!!!

As for school stuff, I have my mid-term exam on Monday. We just started like 2 weeks ago! That's what you get with short summer sessions, I guess.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

As for school stuff, I have my mid-term exam on Monday. We just started like 2 weeks ago! That's what you get with short summer sessions, I guess.
                  Yeah, that's short!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Yeah, that's short!
                    Yeah, and I'm already behind on my homework. That's today's goal, once I stop procrastinating by being on here.

Comment

Yeah, and I'm already behind on my homework. That's today's goal, once I stop procrastinating by being on here.
                      It's what every student is really good at.

Comment

I've got my masters in it.

I finished my homework. Thankfully it was pretty brief. My brain just doesn't seem to want to wake up to the whole school thing. I used to be really good at memorization but I can't seem to remember certain things no matter how many times I see them. The downfalls of getting old.

Stay in school, kids!
                        Last edited by JT-2; 02 June 2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

It's the only thing I graduated in - cum laude too.

Then again, if I had been diagnosed with ADD much sooner in life, I might have actually have graduated in something else too. It's one of the biggest regrets in my life, that I don't have a degree in anything (except a highschool degree that is -- which isn't worth much in the job market).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

True, dat.

I finished my homework. Thankfully it was pretty brief. My brain just doesn't seem to want to wake up to the whole school thing. I used to be really good at memorization but I can't seem to remember certain things no matter how many times I see them. The downfalls of getting old.

Stay in school, kids!
                            LOL, yeah I'm right there with you.

Comment

It's the only thing I graduated in - cum laude too.

Then again, if I had been diagnosed with ADD much sooner in life, I might have actually have graduated in something else too. It's one of the biggest regrets in my life, that I don't have a degree in anything (except a highschool degree that is -- which isn't worth much in the job market).
                              I actually already have a bachelor's degree, but I'm trying to change careers so I need more schooling.

That stinks that it took you so long to get diagnosed. My nephew has ADD and he has a hard time with school.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

True, dat.

LOL, yeah I'm right there with you.
                              Sucks, doesn't it? I've been reviewing my index cards and there are 3 terms I can't memorize no matter what. Only thing I can think of to do is to try writing them over and over, hoping that will sink them into my brain. Or just hope they're not on the midterm.

Comment

The Expanse looks very good from snippets I've seen.
                                "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Working...
                                X