No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earlier this year I was watching the Stanley Cup playoffs with a friend and a conversation turned to a story about fans of one of the teams (I think it was the Nashville Predators maybe?) throwing dead ducks onto the rink when they were playing the Anaheim Ducks.

We both concluded it was a good thing they were playing the Ottawa Senators.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Everyone in the path of Hurricane Irma, please stay safe!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      Earlier this year I was watching the Stanley Cup playoffs with a friend and a conversation turned to a story about fans of one of the teams (I think it was the Nashville Predators maybe?) throwing dead ducks onto the rink when they were playing the Anaheim Ducks.

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Sorry, I meant to type "It's a good thing they 'weren't' playing the Ottawa Senators."

*Sigh*
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Sorry, I meant to type "It's a good thing they 'weren't' playing the Ottawa Senators."

*Sigh*
          No worries, it was funny either way!

On this week's College Football Roundup: USC got the monkey off the back and beat Stanford 42-24, Virginia Tech shut out Delaware 27-0, Tennessee beat Indiana State 42-7, and it was a beautiful day in Atlantis as Navy beat Tulane 23-21 and Air Force had a bye this week. On to Week 3!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

What a wild ride this weekend has been. I have family and friends in every major Florida city....and none of them evacuated. They are all safe, but man...I'm used to football games being the nail-biters, not the Weather Channel.

And we wonder why people call us hillbillies. They normally throw catfish at the Pred's games. Fishing and duck hunting both are quintessential Tennessee pastimes for many, but NOT me which could be why people still call me a Yankee even though I acquired a faint southern accent long, long ago. Or maybe its because I bypass fishing and hunting for a more cerebral hobby- to drink and know things. Read, I mean. Read and know things.

Drinking, I'm fairly certain, is a universal constant in most US sports which most likely explains all the duck, catfish, squid and frozen marshmallow nonsense, though I must admit...thinking about all that crazy has me laughing this morning.

No wonder all the movies depict Aliens attacking earth. If anyone ever does make contact, they're going to think we've all been infected by a zombie like bacteria that has made us all insane.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

No worries, it was funny either way!

On this week's College Football Roundup: USC got the monkey off the back and beat Stanford 42-24, Virginia Tech shut out Delaware 27-0, Tennessee beat Indiana State 42-7, and it was a beautiful day in Atlantis as Navy beat Tulane 23-21 and Air Force had a bye this week. On to Week 3!
            A winning week for all! I hope I can say the same next week, we have a tough game up next.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Hope you're all enjoying this Canon Monday and the forum redesign (I must say, it's more readable now, which I approve of. ).

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
              What a wild ride this weekend has been. I have family and friends in every major Florida city....and none of them evacuated. They are all safe, but man...I'm used to football games being the nail-biters, not the Weather Channel.

And we wonder why people call us hillbillies. They normally throw catfish at the Pred's games. Fishing and duck hunting both are quintessential Tennessee pastimes for many, but NOT me which could be why people still call me a Yankee even though I acquired a faint southern accent long, long ago. Or maybe its because I bypass fishing and hunting for a more cerebral hobby- to drink and know things. Read, I mean. Read and know things.

Drinking, I'm fairly certain, is a universal constant in most US sports which most likely explains all the duck, catfish, squid and frozen marshmallow nonsense, though I must admit...thinking about all that crazy has me laughing this morning.

No wonder all the movies depict Aliens attacking earth. If anyone ever does make contact, they're going to think we've all been infected by a zombie like bacteria that has made us all insane.
              Ah, drinking and knowing things. Good times.

A winning week for all! I hope I can say the same next week, we have a tough game up next.
              And another monkey to get off our backs. Methinks steak would be appropriate for dinner on Saturday.

Comment

Sheesh, as if Florida doesn't have enough to worry about already. Hoping ShipperWriter and her family are okay...
                *pauses Weather Channel* Hey everybody! ! My mom and I evacuated to NC ahead of the storm last Thursday. Spent 15 hours on the road but made it in one piece. I've been in touch with my landlord and my friends who hunkered down and my area only got minor damage. Few pieces of my fence came down but no biggie. Power is still off for a lot of people but hopefully it'll be back on soon. Hoping to head home Wednesday.

All in all, everything's good! Thanks for your thoughts!

Comment

Alcohol has a way with things.
                  Can be the cause of much weirdness.

...the forum redesign (I must say, it's more readable now, which I approve of. ).
                  It might be more readable but the white really hurts when there's but a glimmer of a headache brewing.
                  Actually no, it's a bit painful on the eyes for the most part but I'll get used to it.

The main page is perhaps a little too white, though I rarely start from there.

Also, good to hear, all is well for most in the Florida area. And for those without power and a lot more damage, hopîng it'll get fixed soon.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    *pauses Weather Channel* Hey everybody! ! My mom and I evacuated to NC ahead of the storm last Thursday. Spent 15 hours on the road but made it in one piece. I've been in touch with my landlord and my friends who hunkered down and my area only got minor damage. Few pieces of my fence came down but no biggie. Power is still off for a lot of people but hopefully it'll be back on soon. Hoping to head home Wednesday.

*hugs you* Glad to hear everything's okay for you and yours. That road trip sounds like a doozy, though.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    It might be more readable but the white really hurts when there's but a glimmer of a headache brewing.
                    Actually no, it's a bit painful on the eyes for the most part but I'll get used to it.

The main page is perhaps a little too white, though I rarely start from there.
                    Hmm, now that I've been on the site for a little bit longer, I see what you mean. Definitely getting ouchie to the eyes. I was just looking in the settings, and there are options for alternate skins for viewing the forum. I tried changing it to "mobile style" but it kicked me back to the default so it doesn't seem to be working at the moment. I wonder if you could request a more reader-friendly set of colors for an alternate skin?

Comment

I think there used to be a different skin, at some point, or I could be imagining it.

But the avatars are off too, and if you ever had the pleasure of getting infractions -- *whistles* -- they are also showing on your profile page again. And the last greens you gave out too.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ah, drinking and knowing things. Good times.

And another monkey to get off our backs. Methinks steak would be appropriate for dinner on Saturday.
                        Alcohol has a way with things.
                        Can be the cause of much weirdness.
                        Gameday menus and alcohol, hmm. Fried gator bites at my friend's tailgate suddenly seems a sensible choice. That should probably concern me...

Glad to hear you are safe!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

*puts on sunglasses* I see what you all mean about the white.

Glad you are okay. Mr. SR has tons of family in South Florida. All are okay but without power and water.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning (well, almost noon LOL), Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I think there used to be a different skin, at some point, or I could be imagining it.

But the avatars are off too, and if you ever had the pleasure of getting infractions -- *whistles* -- they are also showing on your profile page again. And the last greens you gave out too.
                            Hmm, maybe there was an upgrade to the forum software and they didn't tweak everything...

Gameday menus and alcohol, hmm. Fried gator bites at my friend's tailgate suddenly seems a sensible choice. That should probably concern me...

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Glad you are okay. Mr. SR has tons of family in South Florida. All are okay but without power and water.
                            Good to hear everyone's okay. The water and power situation, not so much.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

Working...
                                X