No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weekends always go so fast. Local news is nothing but eclipse madness, we are one week out. As I watch the coverage and travel warnings, I keep hearing that Ghostbusters quote in my mind "dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria..." I'm still going, lol. Can't avoid it where I live actually, but I am heading about thirty minutes down the road to get the full 2 plus minutes of totality. My picnic planning grocery list looks like a ten year old was given 20 bucks to spend on snacks for a road trip. Moon pies, Starbust, Milky way bars, cosmic brownies, Sun chips, croissant (crescent moon) sandwiches...ok, the last one might actually end up with a small amount of nutritional value, but still. I'm going to need to sign up for a few more 5ks to recover from this one.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Happy to provide.
    Once I get a different place set up for my images, I shall post a few (my sister should have one of me, standing on top of a reconstructed burial mound, pretending to fly as the wind was howling around my ears, literally keeping me standing upright).
    Very cool, I'll look forward to seeing those. I need to bust out my real camera, it's been gathering dust for too long. I keep taking all my photos on my phone, but the quality is always crappy compared to the DSLR. I'll have to add Wales to the travel bucket list. With any luck, we'll keep seeing great overseas fares. It's been a crazy summer of airfare sales.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      The weekends always go so fast. Local news is nothing but eclipse madness, we are one week out. As I watch the coverage and travel warnings, I keep hearing that Ghostbusters quote in my mind "dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria..." I'm still going, lol. Can't avoid it where I live actually, but I am heading about thirty minutes down the road to get the full 2 plus minutes of totality. My picnic planning grocery list looks like a ten year old was given 20 bucks to spend on snacks for a road trip. Moon pies, Starbust, Milky way bars, cosmic brownies, Sun chips, croissant (crescent moon) sandwiches...ok, the last one might actually end up with a small amount of nutritional value, but still. I'm going to need to sign up for a few more 5ks to recover from this one.
      Yeah, it's eclipse madness out here too. We're supposed to see about 88% of it where we are; Seattle is getting about 90%. That's awesome that you're so close to the path of totality! And I love your snack list. It's giving me ideas.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

No eclipse on this side of the world, though I've been lucky enough to see a total one in Roumania a few years back -- and it's definitely one of the weirdest things ever.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

No eclipse on this side of the world, though I've been lucky enough to see a total one in Roumania a few years back -- and it's definitely one of the weirdest things ever.
          Weird is good. I'm looking forward to it.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My local library is having an eclipse event. Hope to attend.
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Be sure to watch with special glasses though -- looking directly at the sun is bad for the eyes.

But I'm sure, you already know this.

Comment

They're handing out the special glasses before the eclipse.

In other news, I'm getting a job soon.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                  As?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Yeah, it's eclipse madness out here too. We're supposed to see about 88% of it where we are; Seattle is getting about 90%. That's awesome that you're so close to the path of totality! And I love your snack list. It's giving me ideas.
                    Just don't hide the snacks in bedroom like I did. I must have skipped my morning coffee when I decided that would be a safe place to hide food. I still don't know what I was thinking...I mean, leaving a bag of sugar within arm reach of the person who frequently stays up half the night reading? Double face palm. I don't think I'm capable of walking away from baked goods, especially brownies and chocolate chip cookies, but unless it's a dark chocolate bar, candy bars and sugary junk in general just don't usually tempt me. That being said... I can tell you that the Moon Pies and Starburst are no longer sealed. I'm lacing up my running shoes as soon as I post this to see if I can undo some of the damage.

On the bright side (or dark), either the sugar or eclipse mania is stirring the muse. An eclipse on Atlantis...so many possibilities.
                    Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 17 August 2017, 02:52 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Congratulations! What will you be doing?

Just don't hide the snacks in bedroom like I did. I must have skipped my morning coffee when I decided that would be a safe place to hide food. I still don't know what I was thinking...I mean, leaving a bag of sugar within arm reach of the person who frequently stays up half the night reading? Double face palm. I don't think I'm capable of walking away from baked goods, especially brownies and chocolate chip cookies, but unless it's a dark chocolate bar, candy bars and sugary junk in general just don't usually tempt me. That being said... I can tell you that the Moon Pies and Starburst are no longer sealed. I'm lacing up my running shoes as soon as I post this to see if I can undo some of the damage.

On the bright side (or dark), either the sugar or eclipse mania is stirring the muse. An eclipse on Atlantis...so many possibilities.
                      Ooooh, now this is a fic idea I haven't seen. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Comment

Be sure to watch with special glasses though -- looking directly at the sun is bad for the eyes.

But I'm sure, you already know this.
                        They're handing out the special glasses before the eclipse.

I've read some warnings about those glasses. This site has some info. We expect around 81% here but I plan to stay inside and watch it on TV.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          I've read some warnings about those glasses. This site has some info. We expect around 81% here but I plan to stay inside and watch it on TV.
                          Same here. With occasional looks out the window at all the wildlife freaking out.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Same here. With occasional looks out the window at all the wildlife freaking out.
                            Speaking of wildlife, I saw a post today warning people to keep their pets inside during the eclipse. Good advice.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              A friend of mine bulk ordered the glasses for $1 each so I got some for me and my friends. I start a new job on Monday so I'll be watching (hopefully photographing it) from the top floor of the parking garage.

I'll try and post a photo here if any of them turn out good.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                A friend of mine bulk ordered the glasses for $1 each so I got some for me and my friends. I start a new job on Monday so I'll be watching (hopefully photographing it) from the top floor of the parking garage.

I'll try and post a photo here if any of them turn out good.
                                They're predicting PM thunderstorms here so we may miss it entirely.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X