Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Welcome to the jungle, LOL!
    Well, that certainly inspires confidence.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Well, that certainly inspires confidence.
      Well, it's like all of fandom, there are good parts of Tumblr and bad parts of Tumblr. I've found the best way to avoid the crazy is to stick to a like-minded group. Kind of like here.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ah, that's good advice to remember. Thanks.

Comment

Beastmaster series time. Because of reasons.

Happy Summer Firework Day!
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Well, it's like all of fandom, there are good parts of Tumblr and bad parts of Tumblr. I've found the best way to avoid the crazy is to stick to a like-minded group. Kind of like here.
            I apply that same philosophy to life. Lotta crazy out there right now.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Happy 4th to y'all in the United States of America!

I happened to have 1812 playing in my list this morning, a reminder as it were.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday and to my fellow Americans, HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I apply that same philosophy to life. Lotta crazy out there right now.
                Indeed.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  We were in Vancouver a number of years ago in Sept and the weather was great just for us. It had rained the day before we went to Butchart Gardens and the guide said pictures always come out better when it's not sunny. Such a beautiful place. Victoria is also a perfect little gem. We took the sea plane over to Victoria and the ferry back. The ferry was very crowded and not a lot of fun.
                  How was the sea plane? I was thinking of taking it to the San Juan islands the next time I'm in Seattle.

Happy 4th to y'all in the United States of America!

I happened to have 1812 playing in my list this morning, a reminder as it were.
                  Is it bad that everything makes me think of a sci fi show? 1812 now always makes me think of Farscape, lol.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday and to my fellow Americans, HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Happy Independence Day!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                    Is it bad that everything makes me think of a sci fi show? 1812 now always makes me think of Farscape, lol.
                    While 1812 was a favorite of mine before Farscape came along, it was a true delight to see it featured. 1812 is by far the coolest DRD around, and I've always wanted to build it.

Comment

How was the sea plane? I was thinking of taking it to the San Juan islands the next time I'm in Seattle.
                      It was great, fast and with lovely views on the way.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm back again. You can never get rid of me. Bwahaha!

Regarding my rewatch, I've skipped The Brotherhood and am watching Letters from Pegasus right now. It's still the best clip show I've ever seen on any TV show. And Elizabeth is so damn good, as is John in his message to Sumner's family.

Personal stuff..
                        Spoiler:
                        My eldest brother finally passed away from his cancer that he had for 4 years. He lasted way longer than anyone predicted. In the end he wasn't in pain, and now he can rest in peace.

Yeah, I think quite a few of the big name fans in Elizabeth/Sparky fandom made their way to OUaT. And here I am in Marvel fandom, LOL!
                        Yes they have. I tend to stick to their posts to avoid some of the crazies. Like the kids who think the OUAT showrunners are "the worst". The Stargate folks have been quick to point out how bad showrunners can really be.

Heatwave passed us -- the weekend was much cooler and much more agreeable. However, as it turned out, I got a flu-bug from someone. Drove to work, and drove right back -- nope, no working today. That was 103km (or 64 miles) for nothing (total, there-and-back).
                        I'm sorry you're sick. Here's some sugar for the little lemming:
                        sugar.jpg

I embarked on the road trip from hell and ended up outrunning flood waters at every turn before I finally took refuge at a hotel with a fantastic bar. Fantastic might have been the cold beer talking though. It was desperately needed after that drive. Had to drive over a concrete median and turn around repeatedly as waters kept rising. Scary stuff, but I'm proud to say I managed to avoid being that person on the news. If you saw anyone standing on top of a white car in flood water it was not me. Promise. Now I'm in the cold North. Cold compared to the South, anyway.
                        Yikes, sounds scary! I'm glad you're okay.

Originally posted by itsaparadox View Post
                        Here's a Sparky fic I read yesterday and really enjoyed.

moments of gold and flashes of light

Summary: She was alive and she was awake and she was completely human again. Her heart dropped into her stomach; and she was a very long way from home.

It takes place ten years after Lifeline.
                        What a great story! Thanks for sharing!!!

I just joined Tumblr -- it could all end in tears but will see.

Instagram should be joined as well, I think, to up my social media presence but I'm not much of a photo taker with my cellphone as I can't keep it steady enough. My motor-skills aren't up to snuff (which is a direct result of not enough dopamine in the brainchemistry balance).

I'm mathgirl24 over there. I don't post as much anymore but I still do post Stargate stuff sometimes. And of course I'll be posting some minion stuff after I see Despicable Me 3 tomorrow.

Absolutely!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Like a weed keeps coming back in the yard.

Personal stuff..
                          Spoiler:
                          My eldest brother finally passed away from his cancer that he had for 4 years. He lasted way longer than anyone predicted. In the end he wasn't in pain, and now he can rest in peace.
                          My condolences.

Yes they have. I tend to stick to their posts to avoid some of the crazies. Like the kids who think the OUAT showrunners are "the worst". The Stargate folks have been quick to point out how bad showrunners can really be.
                          Stargate fans are like: "Hold my beer!"

I'm sorry you're sick. Here's some sugar for the little lemming
                          Sugar makes everything better.

I'm mathgirl24 over there.
                          Shall add when I get home from work (yes, I post on GW at work -- probably the only forum that isn't blocked).

And of course I'll be posting some minion stuff after I see Despicable Me 3 tomorrow.
                          MINIONS!!!!

If all goes well, and my company's HR doesn't halt it cause of some reason or another, my business cards will soon read: "One in a minion - Document Designer"

We got to make suggestions to our colleagues and this one came out for me (among approx. 12 other suggestions from different colleagues -- another good one was "Says it with a post-it - Document Designer" (my screen and desk are covered in post-its with info I need to keep in mind)).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

And we wouldn't want to!

Personal stuff..
                            Spoiler:
                            *hugs* You have my prayers and deepest sympathies.

Stargate fans are like: "Hold my beer!"
                            Yep, LOL!

If all goes well, and my company's HR doesn't halt it cause of some reason or another, my business cards will soon read: "One in a minion - Document Designer"

We got to make suggestions to our colleagues and this one came out for me (among approx. 12 other suggestions from different colleagues -- another good one was "Says it with a post-it - Document Designer" (my screen and desk are covered in post-its with info I need to keep in mind)).
                            Oh, that's so awesome! You work with cool people.

Comment

Oh, that's so awesome! You work with cool people.
                              I do indeed.

Comment

Went to a July 4th event yesterday. Not really into country music, but the fireworks were good. (The shuttle lines were awful.)
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X