Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    More necropoli to visit.

Walked an ancient Roman road today. Squee!!
    Sounds like fun to me.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

More necropoli to visit.

Whoa. Seriously considering flight options, sounds amazing.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Perfect on a day when I feel less angst than I have in a very long time.
        *high-fives*

More necropoli to visit.

Sounds awesome!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yesterday I walked, and today I errm... nearly smacked face first on another bit of Roman road. After I had slipped over a wooden walkway and uttered a girly squeal. Yeah, rain's back.

Our current home is located in a teeny-tiny, like three houses, village (it's barely worthy of that name). And I think it once was part of medieval structure, possibly related to the church next door. I'm quite literally sleeping underneath a vaulted ceiling. Almost feel like a medieval knight. (minus the discomforts of no central heating -- of course cause modern times and all)
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yesterday I walked, and today I errm... nearly smacked face first on another bit of Roman road. After I had slipped over a wooden walkway and uttered a girly squeal. Yeah, rain's back.

Our current home is located in a teeny-tiny, like three houses, village (it's barely worthy of that name). And I think it once was part of medieval structure, possibly related to the church next door. I'm quite literally sleeping underneath a vaulted ceiling. Almost feel like a medieval knight. (minus the discomforts of no central heating -- of course cause modern times and all)
            Plot bunnies should be feasting in such an environment. I can only imagine the dreams that would be inspired under that vaulted ceiling. Hope the weather starts behaving for you. November without central heating sounds more than a bit tricky.
            Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 10 November 2016, 06:27 PM.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Today, on Armistice Day, we take the day off from Roman and Etruscan exploration. It's also raining and storming so it would have been wet and windy. Tomorrow's going to be better.

Also, SGA Reversbang art -- saw the previews yesterday. Today we pick our inspirational one, and while the pool of female-centric art is tiny (as in there are three works of art featuriing actual female characters), I've set my eyes on an Elizabeth centric one. My second choice is a Ronon and Zelenka artwork, and my third option is a Ronon one. The only three that sparked the muse. Hoping I can get my hands on one of these three.

Comment

That sounds awesome but not for my old bones. I remember being in Ronda, Spain, one of my favorite cities and being told about the "new" bridge and the "old" bridge. It turns out the new bridge was built in 1600 or so and the "old" bridge was built by the Romans. Hard for us Americans to wrap our heads around.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yes, new and old can have very different meaning to Europeans. Especially, when they live in cities that have been around for a while.

In my hometown, everything old is actually new since the whole town was levelled during WWII.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday and a good Veterans Day (Armistice Day for those of you in Europe) to you all.

Wow, that sounds gorgeous! I saw your tweet about making chainmail yesterday, you must be feeling inspired!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    That sounds awesome but not for my old bones. I remember being in Ronda, Spain, one of my favorite cities and being told about the "new" bridge and the "old" bridge. It turns out the new bridge was built in 1600 or so and the "old" bridge was built by the Romans. Hard for us Americans to wrap our heads around.
                    Heh, yeah for us "old" is Colonial times. Not all that long ago in the grand scheme of things.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Several years ago when my family and I were visiting relatives in Lebanon one summer, we decided to drive to the town of Byblos and visited one of the historical sites. It was fascinating because it was almost like an equivalent of tree rings for the history of human civilization for the region.

There was a bunch of ancient Roman columns, some of which were later re-purposed by the Crusaders and build into a Crusader fort on the shoreline. But the Roman settlement was apparently build on even older Phoenician buildings.

All in all, I think our tour guide said 16 or 17 different peoples ruled the area prior to Lebanon's independence.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Over here, it's Roman on top of Etruscan and Archaic (Greek).

And some Templar Knights had a little too much fun in an Etruscan tomb...

And I scored the Elizabeth Weir artwork, so excited now to see it in full (and not just the preview -- it's a video).
                        Also, curious who's going to choose my artwork. Last year, I got not one but two awesome fanfics in return.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Over here, it's Roman on top of Etruscan and Archaic (Greek).

And some Templar Knights had a little too much fun in an Etruscan tomb...
                          Graffiti and vandalism: it's not just a modern thing.

And I scored the Elizabeth Weir artwork, so excited now to see it in full (and not just the preview -- it's a video).
                          Also, curious who's going to choose my artwork. Last year, I got not one but two awesome fanfics in return.
                          Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Graffiti and vandalism: it's not just a modern thing.
                            It most certainly isn't.

I'll spare you the details of what else the Templars did in those tombs.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

It most certainly isn't.

I'll spare you the details of what else the Templars did in those tombs.
                              Oh dear...

And now, this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mixed bag on a crazy day for the rankings as Virginia Tech lost to Georgia Tech 30-20, Georgia beat Auburn 13-7, USC upset Washington 26-13, and it's a very good day in Atlantis as Navy beat Tulsa 42-40, and Air Force beat Colorado State 49-46.

Comment

Blah, home again...
                                Holiday over, back to work tomorrow afternoon. I don't want to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X