Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
    ME TOO! No one can resist. No one!
    I can! Macaroni cheese from a packet is awful. I refuse to eat it. There's always nasty gluggy powdery bits stuck inside the pasta!

Comment

Originally posted by scaperfan View Post
      I can! Macaroni cheese from a packet is awful. I refuse to eat it. There's always nasty gluggy powdery bits stuck inside the pasta!
      Dahhling, only the best quality pasta is given to a person who has PAUL CONVENTION VIDEOS!

Comment

This thread is lacking pictures! Probably 'cos scaperfan isn't on right now.
        I'm sorry, I was busy shearing my rabbit.

Hey look, a pic not submitted by me! Yay!

Comment

Dahhling, only the best quality pasta is given to a person who has PAUL CONVENTION VIDEOS!
          Ahh, good point. Hand-made pasta? With the sauce containing milk and cheese from contented cows?

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
            lol see, that makes my conflicted cuz i *love* him with scruff but i also *love* him without it...
            Me too!
            I'll take him any way.

Comment

Ahh, good point. Hand-made pasta? With the sauce containing milk and cheese from contented cows?
              Definitely!

Oh don't worry about it! Wow... people shear rabbits? *feels stupid*
              I had one, and I never sheared it. o.O

Comment

Definitely!
                Good good.
                So, we have our offerings all sorted out....Jersey13, how about it? Can we convince you to share?

Oh don't worry about it! Wow... people shear rabbits? *feels stupid*
                I had one, and I never sheared it. o.O
                ...and here I was hoping people would think I was using an amusing excuse...

Spoilered for OT talk about rabbits...
                Spoiler:
                Yes, I was shearing her- she's a floofy angora who I'm petsitting- I decided she needed a trim as running around outside where there's sticks and twigs and rain and dirt was making her a little scruffy after just one day...and her owner had said they'd trimmed her recently, but hadn't done her feet, so could we trim her foot-fur...? (it was like something out of a werewolf nightmare...srsly scary! )

So, we went from Floofy little baa-lamb, to newly-shorn skinny-legged sheep.

Before....
                Floof! Floof!

...during...

...almost two hours of snipping and trimming and brushing later...

And yes, I'd left her cute fluffy fringe, but once the rest was short it looked ridiculous, so I trimmed it too. Otherwise she woulda looked even bigger-headed!

Don't worry, she's fine.
                She accepted sultanas as a reward, and doinked around outside once we had her back in the outdoor run. All's well. She just looks more than a little redonkulous now!

She now has four weeks to regrow her fur before her owner gets her back.

Comment

Originally posted by McgillionFan View Post
                  Hello everyone how are you all.
                  Hello! I'm guessing by your name that...you must be lost, right? The Joe Flanigan thread is nextdoor....

Love this thread and i really need to come here more often.
                  You do, you do! It's fun here. There's....Paul, and....Paul, and....Carson, and.....nice people who love Paul, and.....Paul....some more Carson...more Paul....yup, that about covers it.

Awsome pictures..aahhh..Paul McGillion Goodness always brings a smile to my face
                  *nods* I hear that.

I don't have no pictures to post but i do have a video i made. A tribute to him and it has lots of pictures.

If you'd like to check it out here's the link
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsbS3ihAIlo

Enjoy and next time i hope to post some pictures for you all.
                  Hey, nice vid! Lots of nice pics in there. I love the pier scene with Rodney and Carson...
                  (Rodney has two of the best pier scenes, anyone notice that?)

And now, because I know y'all have been missing them...(silently...no-one actually said so in writing, did they? If they did and I missed it...thanks! )
                  a LolScot! (Well, more of a caption, but still.)

Comment

..and here I was hoping people would think I was using an amusing excuse...
                    Bhahahah! Ooops!

a LolScot! (Well, more of a caption, but still.)
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ts/turtles.jpg
                    That was the cutest scene... EVER. I'm surprised they could all keep a straight face!

Comment

This thread is also kind of nuts - in a good way, a lot of it makes me laugh

Because I'm nosy about the other people I share this thread with, I've decided to post this quiz in here to see what your answers to it are! (Just copy and paste this quiz, then replace my answers with your own). If it's successful, I might post it in the Fun and Games section so the rest of the Gateworld lot can fill it in (or as many that want to). The more detailed the answers, the better IMO Here are my own answers:

Spoiler:
                      1. FIRST NAME? Julia. I'm 5' 6" tall and currently 29 years old
                      2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Not my first name, but my middle name - Mary - was after my granny's first name
                      3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I haven't cried properly for ages. I'm more a "lump-in-throat, tears-in-eyes" kind of person when I do get emotional.
                      4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, it's pretty neat if I do say so myself...and I do
                      5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Bacon
                      6. KIDS? No, I'm too young at heart to have kids already. Plus, I don't have a boyfriend right now so I can't see that happening anyway. I wouldn't have kids with just anyone, the guy would have to be really special.
                      7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS
                      WITH YOURSELF? Maybe
                      8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? I write in a diary, but I'm not one of those people who writes down their feelings or anything
                      9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Sometimes
                      10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes
                      11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No way, I'm too chicken! I recently heard of an accident involving a guy who survived the bungee snapping...I wouldn't do a bungee jump even if I was paid £1,000,000!
                      12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cornflakes, sometimes with sliced banana on them
                      13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
                      Yep!
                      14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Strong in mind, yes. I know what I'm like and I'm happy with myself.
                      15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Ben & Jerry's Phish Food
                      16. SHOE SIZE? 6
                      17. RED OR PINK? Red
                      18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
                      I wish I was a bit more confident during job interviews! If I was, maybe I wouldn't be having such a tough time getting a job!
                      19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My dad, he died when I was 6 years old
                      20 DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
                      Not send it, complete it!
                      21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES YOU ARE WEARING? Bootleg jeans, a grey t-shirt my cousin in Australia sent me (it says "Australia" on it, heh!), a red zip-up cardigan and a pair of white Converse baseball boots with a graffiti design on them.
                      22. LAST THING YOU ATE? A piece of chocolate!
                      23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Nothing
                      24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
                      Red, it's my fave colour
                      25. FAVORITE SMELL? Bacon frying
                      26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE
                      PHONE? My niece
                      27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE
                      ATTRACTED TO? Their face, sometimes their voice too
                      28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Well, I found it so...I'm the one "sending" it to other people
                      29. FAVORITE DRINK? Tea, or if it's alcoholic then wine.
                      30. FAVORITE SPORT? Snooker. I don't play it but I sometimes watch it on TV. I wish I hadn't been so nervous at school - it meant I was rubbish at team games in P.E. Now, if I had the chance to play a sport, I think I'd pick tennis first
                      31. HAIR COLOR? Brownish red, or reddish brown - one or the other! I used to have really bright red hair that slowly went auburn and now it's more brown than red...
                      32. EYE COLOR ? Blue
                      33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No. I have a pair of glasses for watching TV though!
                      34. FAVORITE FOOD? Chips from the chip shop
                      35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Neither, I choose sci-fi or fantasy instead
                      36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Back To The Future 2 on DVD (Great Scott, Marty!)
                      37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Grey
                      38. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer
                      39. HUGS OR KISSES? From family - hugs, from a man I fancy - more than hugs!
                      40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Sticky toffee pudding
                      41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? The person most eager to answer the quiz first, lol
                      42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Anyone that doesn't like quizzes like this?
                      43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? The novelisation of the new Star Trek movie.
                      44. What on YOUR MOUSE PAD? It's got the words "Star Trek" on it along with the good old Enterprise
                      45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Strictly Come Dancing
                      46. FAVORITE SOUNDS. This guy's Canadian accent...it's seriously sexy, believe you me
                      47. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Italy, the Tuscany region to be specific
                      47. WORST SOUND? Snoring!
                      49. FAVORITE DAY? Saturday...especially when it's the time of year Doctor Who's on the telly
                      50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? July 24th 1980, in Falkirk Infirmary, Falkirk (central Scotland). That makes me a Falkirk bairn (Scots word for "child"), so it does

^^ Carson, tired out after completing this looooong questionaire
                      Last edited by Mirela; 29 November 2009, 11:04 AM.
                      Newly liberated multi-thunker
                      http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
                      Julia xx

Comment

Originally posted by Mirela View Post
                        Because I'm nosy about the other people I share this thread with, I've decided to post this quiz in here to see what your answers to it are!
                        ...since this questionnaire is rather huge and very OT, you might want to put it in 'spoiler' tags....

Comment

...since this questionnaire is rather huge and very OT, you might want to put it in 'spoiler' tags....
                          Done! Anyone else that answers it (don't let me be the only one *grovels*) should put their version of it in spoilers too

On the trawling-through-early-pages side of things, I'm nearing page 150
                          Last edited by Mirela; 29 November 2009, 11:57 AM.
                          Newly liberated multi-thunker
                          http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
                          Julia xx

Comment

*waves weakly from the floor* GUH...M'fine. Scaperfan blew up my poor brain cell with those lovely pix to my suggestions...especially the 'legs' bit and the 'Hot Scot'. *ahem* Right. Where were we? Oh right...
                            more Hot Scot shots please!! Woooohooooo!!! hehe }:O
                            sigpic

Comment

My take on the questionnaire...
                              Spoiler:

1. FIRST NAME? That's a secret. Let's call me...Magrat, after one of my favourite Discworld witches.
                              2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope. They just liked the name.
                              3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? While watching 'Sunday'.
                              4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? It's a lovely scrawl. Most people don't think so though.
                              5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? By that you mean processed meat? That chicken loaf, comes in square or round. So fantastically fake. I'm also partial to the occasional sliver of prosciutto.
                              6. KIDS? No thanks, not right now. I have enough nephews and nieces!
                              WITH YOURSELF? Lordy. I dunno if I could be nice enough to myself! I'd like to think so, maybe.
                              8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Nope. My life isn't interesting enough!
                              9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Naaaaah.....
                              10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Last time I checked.
                              11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No way. Heights scare me, dangling from one would be terrible.
                              12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Too many to choose! Cornflakes, Nutrigrain, Honey Wheats, porridge...depends on the season and my inclination.
                              13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Of course.
                              14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Kinda. Would like to be more so, but meh, that's life.
                              15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Homemade strawberry icecream! Otherwise, I do like a nice toffee/caramel type one. Or coffee. Or berry.
                              16. SHOE SIZE? Changes from shoes to shoes! Somewhere between a 7 and a 10.
                              17. RED OR PINK? Blue?
                              18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? my inability to stop eating chocolate. It's a curse.
                              19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My siblings, who I never see much anymore.
                              20 DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? No thanks.
                              21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES YOU ARE WEARING? I'm wearing parachute pants from...let's see...1994, which I still fit into, and maseur sandals. With pretty stripey socks. Yes, I'm at home.
                              22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Breakfast at 11am! Honey Wheats.
                              23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The hum of my computer, and the birds I'm petsitting chirping in the living room.
                              24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Purple, or blue. Or rainbow! (is that a colour?)
                              25. FAVORITE SMELL? Just one? I have so many...bread baking, freshly-mown grass, fresh hay, horses, leather, rain on hot ground, washing after it's dried out in the sun...
                              PHONE? Lordy. Um. Er...it's been a while. Um. My mum, probably.
                              ATTRACTED TO? Face, personality.
                              28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Sure, why not.
                              29. FAVORITE DRINK? Hmm...in Winter/cool weather it's tea or coffee, in Summer it's coke, or mineralwater&juice, iced coffee, strawberry milk, or just plain water.
                              30. FAVORITE SPORT? They're all boring! Sorry. Don't watch/play any.
                              31. HAIR COLOR? Blonde-ish.
                              32. EYE COLOR ? Blue
                              33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Ouch, no. Glasses when I need to.
                              34. FAVORITE FOOD? Again with the single-answer questions? Hmm. Galaxy Quest, Calamity Jane, more I can't think of right now.
                              35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy endings. Used to like scary movies, but they scare me too much these days.
                              36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? In cinema? XFiles 2. Ages ago. On telly? Am watching Ratatouille which I taped the other night.
                              37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? red tshirt.
                              38. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter, definitely.
                              39. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs!
                              40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Hmm. First three I can think of...Home-made apple pie, jelly & custard, griesbrei mit zimtbirnen, mmm...
                              41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? n/a
                              42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Well, we'll never know, will we?
                              43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Agatha Christie's 'One Two Buckle My Shoe', 'Stargate Atlantis Official Companion Season 4', and about to start on '100 Cupboards' by N.D. Wilson.
                              44. What on YOUR MOUSE PAD? My mouse.
                              45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Castle, but it was a repeat, so I stopped and went back to my computer.
                              46. FAVORITE SOUNDS. A nice accent, Christmas songs, animals, my baby nephews gurgling at me down the phone, silence.....
                              47. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Erm...Turkey, Europe, USA?
                              47. WORST SOUND? As in, least favourite? So many. Loud music on public transport springs to mind!
                              49. FAVORITE DAY? Christmas, any day I get to catch up with family/friends.
                              50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? On my birthday, many moons ago. In a hospital, I believe.

Comment

*loving all the picturess then snaps to reality* oh heyyy...haha so i'll do the questionaire too

Spoiler:
                                1. FIRST NAME? call me Keaira or Rhoswen
                                2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? nope
                                3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I'm watching return of the jedi so like two seconds ago as Yoda died
                                4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? i like it but its illegible to anyone else
                                5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? ehmm lol chicken?
                                6. KIDS? neverrr.
                                WITH YOURSELF? depends if this other person was compatiable with me
                                8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? yes i do, its a poet thing
                                9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Sometimes
                                10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yepp
                                11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? heck yes!
                                12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Lucky Charms.
                                13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? sometimes?
                                14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? to a degree
                                15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? chocolate
                                16. SHOE SIZE? a whopping 9 and 1/2
                                17. RED OR PINK? Reddd
                                18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? oh so many things so little space lol
                                19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? nobody
                                20 DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? just do ittt
                                21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES YOU ARE WEARING?gray and navy respectively
                                22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Reese's peanut butter cup
                                23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Street Dogs and Flogging Molly playlist
                                24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? uhm idk black maybe?
                                25. FAVORITE SMELL? cookies bakingg
                                PHONE? Sister
                                ATTRACTED TO? Eyes and smile i suppose
                                28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? YES how could i not?? haha
                                29. FAVORITE DRINK? milkshake haha
                                30. FAVORITE SPORT? football aka soccer for my fellow americans
                                31. HAIR COLOR? Strawberry Blonde baby
                                32. EYE COLOR ? hazel
                                33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? yes and a SICK pair of glasses
                                34. FAVORITE FOOD? Cookie dough or chicken alfredo
                                35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Ick??
                                36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Return of the Jedi!!!
                                37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? black
                                38. SUMMER OR WINTER? both
                                39. HUGS OR KISSES? from who??
                                40. FAVORITE DESSERT? dessert in general
                                41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? uhm caramelmonkey prolly
                                42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? people not on this thunk thread
                                43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Good Blonde and Others
                                44. What on YOUR MOUSE PAD? its green?
                                45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Beyond Sherwood Forest on the syfy channel
                                46. FAVORITE SOUNDS. sexy accents probably
                                47. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? either california or puerto rico47. WORST SOUND? a really ugly hacking cough, ugh nastyy
                                49. FAVORITE DAY? today.
                                50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? May 31 New Jersey USA
                                sigpic
                                thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Working...
                                X