No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ye gads! I tried getting on this morning, and kept getting error-ed out..I thought we had finally done it...The Carson thunkers had crashed the board!
    Im jealous...I wanna go to the con...right.frikin.now! Patience is not one of my virtues occasionally..Take lotsa pictures. I just bought my first Nikon big-girl camera ( go Ebay!) and am waiting to get it. I figured I needed to know how to use it before I go to my con in April...( Thats my excuse...and Im sticking to it ! )

I come bearing gifts....Screen caps....but still...yummy caps.

Hmmm, now that I think of it...maybe I should toss this one into the Whump thread...Kinda looks whumpish..eh?

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

and a little "Duet"

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

and even more "Duet"

:: lays down a mattress before she posts the next pictures..in preparation for some thunking :

:: swoon :: I LOVE me a Carson with a gun...

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

And finally some misc before I return to real life. Hopefully Ill grab some more caps soon...I just grabbed a couple of my favorite episodes..because...well, just because!

Love the look on his face!

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

*waves weakly from the floor* M'fine. Awesome pic run Jenny!! Woohoo!
            hehe }:O
            sigpic

Comment

Great pic run, Jenny!
              Ah, Duet. A great, hysterical episode. Really showcases Paul's talent.

Hey, I used the same excuse to buy my first digital camera. Going to use it in Chicago. This new technology is cool, but takes some getting used to.

Did I hear that right? You're going to shoot me?
              me: With a camera, Carson. Don't worry.
              sigpic

Comment

Hey guys!!I Just have a question for you.
                Was Carson different in season 5? it seemed to me that he was a bit "too serious".Not the Carson i liked in early seasons.
                I don't know if it was the actor or the writing..but the old feeling was gone, at least for me.
                And i did like this character very much...i was king of socked when he was "killed".
                sigpic

Comment

Hey TrustMeIAmADoctor.

Yes. I agree. I don't know if the character was written differently, or if Paul played him differently because he was a clone, not the original Carson. Maybe a little bit of both. That would be an interesting question to ask him, wouldn't it?

Ask me anything.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think he played him differently because he wasn't the same Carson anymore. As far as he knew, he'd been held in captivity for nearly two years. He'd seen and done things he wished he'd never have to see or do. It jaded him and made him hard. I think he lost a bit of his faith in the goodness of the universe. I know that if I took a turn down such a dark road I'd have trouble coming back to the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
                      I think he played him differently because he wasn't the same Carson anymore. As far as he knew, he'd been held in captivity for nearly two years. He'd seen and done things he wished he'd never have to see or do. It jaded him and made him hard. I think he lost a bit of his faith in the goodness of the universe. I know that if I took a turn down such a dark road I'd have trouble coming back to the light.
                      said perfectly!

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
                        I think he played him differently because he wasn't the same Carson anymore.
                        I think the same thing. Carson, in season 5, was a clone..Paul had to play him differently because it would of been a little weird to do otherwise. Keep in mind, this Carson was held in captivity and made to do horrible things. Season 5 Carson was, to me at least, a little more bad-ass and more self confident than Season 1-4 Carson. Standing up to a Wraith? Think the other Carson could of pulled that off? Uh...no...
                        I also didnt see him as more serious...more like serious when needed. Oh gosh, what was that episode with Sheppard, Carson and the all female squad? The one with all the mist? ( sorry, I havent had my coffee yet, so Im a little brain sleepy)...Carson flat out turned on the charm, in an absolutely boyishly sexy way, for Nicole DeBoer's character. The old Carson would of stammered and flustered his way through the whole flirting thing..

Man, I had a point...and I think that point went flying out into space or something...

Ok, my thoughts...Season 5 Carson..looked like the man, talked like the man...but a totally separate from the man. He was his own character.

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

::walks in...hands full of pics for the Thunkers::

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

I watched Wall-e again last night...and now I cant seem to get " Put on your sunday clothes " out of my head...

Sorry, I had to post this...my favorite spot on a guy

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

One more run...before I run...

And one for Lady S

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

Working...
                                X