Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome, Epona!
    Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
    I gotta say I prefer the accent too. Though the only show I've seen him on is SGA, and SG-1.

On SG-1 did he speak in his normal accent or did he do an English one? I need to re-watch Torment of Tantalus, though I don't really recall thunking over him the first time around.
    ::sound of smacking forehead with palm::

I have heard him without the accent! I'd just completely forgotten.

Yes, Ernest sounds like an American. I know I didn't thunk for him because, even though young Ernest was played by the same adorable blue-eyed dimpled man as Beckett, I associate him with a half-crazy old codger who runs around in his birthday suit.

That was quite the love story, though, huh?

Originally posted by Celestial
    I guess that makes you and me both. I just love a Scottish accent (mind you though one that I can understand).
    Oh, I'm glad I'm not alone! Guess that means I can stay.

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
    I finally managed to borrow out Small Potatoes today, hehe. They should have had more of PM.

He looked very svelte in that suit (even without the accent).
    Oh, my! You lucky duck. I don't suppose there are pictures out there somewhere?
    Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Yes, Ernest sounds like an American. I know I didn't thunk for him because, even though young Ernest was played by the same adorable blue-eyed dimpled man as Beckett, I associate him with a half-crazy old codger who runs around in his birthday suit.

heheh...yeah same here. I do prefer the scotish hottie that is on Atlantis!

Comment

I finally figured out how to post pics! Yay! So here's one for you gals and fellow thunkers. Let's try all try not to faint all at once, okay
        Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
        and Captain Jack Harkness
        Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
        Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
        Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
        I live here.....Calling All Australians?
        My other home...Stargate Down Under
        My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

I finally figured out how to post pics! Yay! So here's one for you gals and fellow thunkers. Let's try all try not to faint all at once, okay
          Where is this pic from?

*THUNK and faints*

Comment

This pic is courtesy of this website and more pics of PM can be found here.
            http://paulmcgillion.tjuk.net
            My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Just popping in to say."What an accent and what amazing blue eyes you have Dr Beckett. Let me swim to the depths of them."

TOGETHER FOREVER,
              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

woah! is that really paul?!!

sigpic
                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                  woah! is that really paul?!!
                  According to this website http://paulmcgillion.tjuk.net
                  this shot is from a movie or a TV appearance he made, though not sure what it was called.
                  My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

lol...I see you guys found my site!! The shot is about 10 years old (he's even MORE good looking now IMHO) and from an old and very very bad, infact so bad its hilarious, movie called 'The Final Goal'; JR Bourne is also in it! You can actually get it on DVD via an ebay store at the moment, but well, you're looking at the one and only reason to watch it! Believe me, I think Paul's comment on the movie was 'I'd like to bury it', but hey all those hunky famous actors out there have cringe inducing early roles they'd like to buy all the copies in existence and burn!

If you go to the Gallery or you can go directly to a capture from Something More, for more shirtless 'thunkage'.

And well, if you ask me for nice viewage both for great acting, emotional moments and just Paul as his best (plus the blue shirt just makes me thunk into a heap) download 'See Grace Fly' from CineClix, he stars in it, produced it and well the movie absolutely ROCKS!!!

I'll be adding LOTS more captures shortly from throughout Paul's career including 'Small Potatoes' (gotta love the classic line in that, 'what the hell did you do with my sperm?' ) and his other X-File's appearence, 'Duane Barry'.

TJ

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      I miss the stubble. But his dimples show up even more. Boy, does he look young in this shot. And he's less than a year younger than David Hewlett.

Ooh, hand on the gun!

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Have some Carson piccies to bump this thread to page 1!

SP Carson!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
                          sigh...yum..well, I figure does it really matter that no one else appreciates the good doctor's charms?? more for us right?
                          love those dimples.
                          and those piercing blue eyes.
                          (was gonna attach a pic as well..but it isnt working coz puter is spazzing.)
                          Oh the word is out I just realized that there was a "Thunk" for him, Wow again I came here (Gateworld) to "Thunk" about Daniel but I have only been there twice, I can't stay away from the other Doctor's I love all the Doctor's.

So is the accent real, either way I like He has that soft spoken thing going for him too. *Thunk* Move over Rodney. Not away, just over .

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                            Oh the word is out I just realized that there was a "Thunk" for him,

Carson: What? You didn't know I had a thunk thread? For shame, lass.

Carson: But I'm glad you made it over. Makes me feel all warm inside knowing I have fangirls.

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Great video interview with Paul here.

It's so odd to hear his normal voice with his Canadian, not Scottish accent.

David: Remember that comment about another Scot is space? That was pretty funny.

Paul: Thanks, David. Athough Dr. McCoy didn't have the accent. But Scotty did, so I guess I can be a combination of the two. Carson doesn't like the Ancient tech very much, so that would be more of a McCoy-ism. Scotty would love the Ancient tech like Rodney does.

(Gee, I hope David and Paul don't mind me putting words in their mouths!)

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652

Carson: What? You didn't know I had a thunk thread? For shame, lass.

Carson: But I'm glad you made it over. Makes me feel all warm inside knowing I have fangirls.
                                Well I had to search for it, I don't like searching this was on page 2 again! He does sound weird with the Canadian accent take a bit of getting use to.

Comment

Working...
                                X