Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mice
    Has anyone yet seen the interview with Paul from the newest Cult Times? I hear he's given some interesting spoilers for a few season two episodes. I can't find one locally and had to order a copy online. Can't wait to see the whole thing!
    You can read it here. Warning, spoilers for the episode Duet in the first and last 2 paragraphs!

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Back from hiatus...and I can't believe so much has been happening. I'm glad SaharaGate started this thread....and I'm extra glad that I'm not alone in thinking Dr. Beckett's Scottish accent and hunky looks...those eyes and dimples...sigh...in making my heart a flutter. I hope he has more screen time on Atlantis. Here is Aust. were still in S1 and only halfway there...
      Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
      and Captain Jack Harkness
      Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
      Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
      Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
      I live here.....Calling All Australians?
      My other home...Stargate Down Under
      My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Hi! Just wanted to say hello...I 've been lurking on this thread but haven't posted (I don't think... ) yet. Although I must be honest and admit that McKay/Hewlett is my one true thunk, I am developing quite the thing for Carson too. I finally saw Poisoning the Well in full the other day after a friend lent me her tape and it was sooo great to see him with so much screen time, doing a fantastic job. I also hope it only increases in S2.

Not to mention he has such nice, manly arms
        Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
        :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Oh, forgot to mention that there will be a Stargate/Atlantis Convention on 11-13th Nov.05 in Canberra and will feature Dr. Beckett, Dr. McKay, Dr. Frasier, Dr. Zelenka, Sgt. Walter, and casting director Ivy Isenberg.

It would be a sight to see for McKay/Beckett/Frasier/Zelenka/Walter fans and I'm sure will have many hearts afluttering to get just a few feet that close to them

Any Australian fans going?

Check out the site http://www.bobw.com.au/BOBWs/26/index26.html
          It also has great pics on previous Stargate Conventions that Teal'c/CJ and Daniel/MS attended.
          My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Paul is going to be at Dragon Con in Atlanta, GA. Dragon Con is from Sept 2-5, 2205 Dragon Con Site
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

carson in off-world gear *thunk*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Paul is going to be at Dragon Con in Atlanta, GA. Dragon Con is from Sept 2-5, 2205 Dragon Con Site
                That's a great snapshot tsaxlady, look at that smile, that dimple....sigh...aaahh...
                My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

I...I have a confession to make.

I'll understand if you want to kick me off this thunk thread, but...but I'll still lurk here, no matter what!

See, I finally downloaded the second SGA S2 promo, you know the one. The first time I watched it I thought, "Wait, that's not..." The second time I watched it, I thought, "No, that's just not right..."

::sigh::

I confess! Without the accent, I just don't thunk as hard. Does that make me a bad thunker?

::sniffle::
                  Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanwoman
                    I...I have a confession to make.

I'll understand if you want to kick me off this thunk thread, but...but I'll still lurk here, no matter what!

See, I finally downloaded the second SGA S2 promo, you know the one. The first time I watched it I thought, "Wait, that's not..." The second time I watched it, I thought, "No, that's just not right..."

::sigh::

I confess! Without the accent, I just don't thunk as hard. Does that make me a bad thunker?

::sniffle::
                    I haven't seen it, but are you saying he no longer has the Scottish burr? His accent is all part and parcel of thunking
                    My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

In the SGA S2 promo that she's talking about, which is a behind the scenes thing, Paul speaks with his normal voice which doesn't have the accent.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                      Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
                        In the SGA S2 promo that she's talking about, which is a behind the scenes thing, Paul speaks with his normal voice which doesn't have the accent.
                        Yes, yes, that would be the one. I'd never heard Mr. McGillion without the accent. Yes, I knew the accent was for Beckett, but it was still a bit surprising to hear him speak without it--especially while in Atlantis gear. So...well...it means I thunk Beckett more than McGillion. I can't help it; I've always been a sucker for a Scottish accent.

The second promo can be downloaded here. Beware! Here there be spoilers!
                        Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

I finally managed to borrow out Small Potatoes today, hehe. They should have had more of PM.

He looked very svelte in that suit (even without the accent).

Comment

Yes, yes, that would be the one. I'd never heard Mr. McGillion without the accent. Yes, I knew the accent was for Beckett, but it was still a bit surprising to hear him speak without it--especially while in Atlantis gear. So...well...it means I thunk Beckett more than McGillion. I can't help it; I've always been a sucker for a Scottish accent.
                            I gotta say I prefer the accent too. Though the only show I've seen him on is SGA, and SG-1.

On SG-1 did he speak in his normal accent or did he do an English one? I need to re-watch Torment of Tantalus, though I don't really recall thunking over him the first time around.
                            Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                            :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

The second promo can be downloaded here. Beware! Here there be spoilers!
                              I guess that makes you and me both. I just love a Scottish accent (mind you though one that I can understand). I think Sean Connery's is the sexiest, but Beckett's comes off just as sexy. But hey, I thunk for his looks too, those dimples...sigh. (Must learn to demonstrate my appreciation by learning to post pictures...still learning in frustration!)
                              My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

*waves* Hi everyone! I'm kinda new here. I was looking around and saw this thread and was so happy to find other people who love Beckett! Can't wait for the next season to start!

Comment

Working...
                                X