X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm off for today.

By the way...

phibi - I LOVE your sig!

Good night to the people in my time zone...

A nice day to the other ones!

sigpic

Comment

Phibi wrote:

nah.. you here at your own risk *lol*

Spoiler:

oh, no, no, no, no, no, ..........i sooooooooo don't want ask where that last photo is from, i don't want to think. (paces around the room: "don't think, don't think, don't think" melts down and runs to the garage to go sit in the freezer

" You know what you are doing there to me lass???"
      sigpic

Comment

Ach I knew I shouldn't have stumbled in here without seeing things, now all the snips I've heard come together and actually turned into a SPOILER. AHHHH.

From what I've seen, the hair is noteworthy... but I admit that I'm so far behind in episodes, due to apathy, so I doubt I'll ever make it to Kindred to cap it.

"Turncoat!" the thread cries.
        Caz has to admit... "Yes well there are shows that don't jerk you around, like Supernatural...and then there were other hair do's on other shows..."

Eh, well it was fun being here, while I was a fangirl. Thanks for the memories and so forth.

Comment

I know it. I've never been there, but I know where Emmen is. Meppen as well.
          I live pretty close to the Netherlands...near Aachen.

Here's another WP for you:

aawww, thanks Luciana. *huggs*, very nice wallpaper there.
          will have to change my desktop again i am afraid) (finnally i get to use the darn thing for something usefull)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
            By the way...

phibi - I LOVE your sig!
            thanks

Originally posted by meezergater View Post
            oh, no, no, no, no, no, ..........i sooooooooo don't want ask where that last photo is from, i don't want to think. (paces around the room: "don't think, don't think, don't think" melts down and runs to the garage to go sit in the freezer

" You know what you are doing there to me lass???"
            hm.. no idea.. *innocent look*

Spoiler:

btw, the pics are from See Grace Fly

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
            Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
              thank you^^

everytime I see him with a beard I wanna shave him...*lol* does that sound weird? *putting out the shaving foam* Who is with me?
              Sorry, I'm just the opposite...I luv that just got out of bed and haven't shaved for a few days look on Paul.
              PJumper42

Comment

Originally posted by PJumper42 View Post
                Sorry, I'm just the opposite...I luv that just got out of bed and haven't shaved for a few days look on Paul.
                I like both look personally

Here is my first attempted at wallpaper. It for the month of April:
                Spoiler:
                Last edited by miss_kaylee; 10 March 2008, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jetflair View Post
                  Yeah - I had to watch it again with my mom, who is also watching the series. I managed not to cry in front of her, but it was tough. Poor dear Carson The fact that he comes back does not deminish the sadness of that episode,
                  Spoiler:
                  because that was a very real Carson who died.
                  Lucky you - my mum mocks me for watching SGA but I do not care Dad's also watching the series and I dread when we get to Sunday. I don't cry easily and so I always get teased a little by family when I cry in movies. I probably will not even watch it with him. To embarassing!

Spoiler:
                  I was worried that the sadness of Sunday would be cheapened by his return ... but nope.

Originally posted by Fainne;7878731
                  OK Luci, du hast meine Steilvorlage nicht aufgenommen .. so let's try again: I love baby turtles. I just drew a little sketch about Carson and his baby turtles
                  [SPOILERS
                  [/SPOILERS]
                  in case you can't read my writing, this is what I wrote:
                  pic 1: "...they are easy to handle! - he said"
                  pic 2: "... a very rare turtle species from Loch Ness." - he said"
                  pic 3: "Well, it's not exactly that what I expected."
                  Love your comic Fainne!

The problem with the german forum is, that there are more people who don't want Carson back, than people who want him back.
                  It's scary.
                  Scary indeed I never knew such evil until I heard of people that actually hate Carson. I find that surprising. Do they just like Keller better (bleagh nonetheless) or (hope not) just don't want him back?

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                  From what I've seen, the hair is noteworthy... but I admit that I'm so far behind in episodes, due to apathy, so I doubt I'll ever make it to Kindred to cap it.
                  Oh, don't be ashamed of apathy my friend I think we're all apathetic to one point or another, people that dislike certain stupid mistakes decisions regarding SGA. Me, it's very high especially when people go around shouting SEASON FOUR IS THE BEST SEASON EVAHH!

Yeah. I really don't care with the way Mallozzi and Co. run things. I'm fine living in the past with s1-3 though and tuning in for the occaisional Carson eppie.

Comment

Wow, pals! That was some major catch-up I had to do! I'm happy as hell to see so many new posts and thunkworthy pics.
                    Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                    It's going to be one big slumber party! http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...illowfight.gif
                    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pillowfight smilies, idlewild!
                    Originally posted by leighanners View Post
                    It's snowing...in Texas...where I live... ...I hate snow.
                    Sorry to hear that, leighanners. I'm actually quite fond of snow. But maybe that due to the fact that it hardly snows where I live, a couple of times each year is all we get.
                    Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                    Join the club... we got 6 inches last weekend JUST when it was started to melt... *sigh* I am so ready for spring!
                    I know the feeling. Frosty temperatures are nice for a change, but after a while I really like a bit of warmth and sunshine. That's actually the worst thing about winter here. There are so many dreary days, it's just cloudy and rainy on end. *hums, "Everybody needs love, music and sun for body, soul and mind!"*
                    Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                    This forum has completely corrupted me.
                    <snip...>
                    How about a pic spam
                    As if we would believe you, Oda! But a very adorable pic spam you brought along!
                    I'm sorry if I'm just rehashing ground all of you covered when these events originally happened on the show, but I feel the need to post, so....

I've seen two eps without Carson now, and it's wierd. I'm not sure how I feel about it. They are moving on with the show as though he never even existed!
                    That's what we're here for, discussing our heart out.

And the point you mentioned was also what bugged me the most about the last few eps of the third season. It's completely understandable that they don't want to bring one episode's events into the next but honestly, how realistic is that for a major death? And this behaviour just makes us like the other characters less when we have to believe they don't really care, and the death of a seemingly close friend has no lasting effects on everybody. I mean, one day they treat Carson, at least his remains, like they would never get over it, and the very next episode they couldn't care less. Very convincing strategy. It only helps to antagonize the others.
                    Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                    Well I don't Thunk for him, but I love his character
                    Spoiler:
                    and I still can't watch the ending to "Sunday" because of him.

I did a search on google and gathered these up, sorry if they're repeats, there's too many damn pages on this one.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...sonBeckett.jpg
                    A heart-warming to the Beckett thunk thread, Tiger! We're glad you decided to join even if you don't thunk our dear Dr. B. We're all just as glad discussing his character and such. After all, I think most of us wouldn't be here if it weren't for his kind and caring nature. Looks can get you only so far. Let's phrase it like this, "Carson is beautiful, inside and out."

And that mighty fine first pic is just the right size for adoring his eyes and kind smile!
                    Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
                    Ah yes, I remember that special. Thank you for posting the cap. It was mildly amusing but quite frankly, a bit embarrassing to hear Martin Gero try a Scottish accent. I know it was supposed to be funny but I think Martin G. overdid it there.
                    I have nothing in particular to say, just hello and the Carson thread should not be allowed to languish on page 2.
                    We really don't have to argue over that, jet!
                    heyho girls,
                    Luci told me about this page and I love it. It's so cool that there are more Paul-addicted out there. I am not alone!!!!
                    http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...ceCharming.jpg
                    To you also a very warm to the Beckett thunk thread, Lia! What a lovely wallpaper you brought; I really like it.
                    You're right. There can't be enough pictures of Paul.
                    I love working with Photoshop and so there are some other arts I'd like to share:
                    Spoiler:
                    http://img2.myimg.de/Paul42e2e_thumb.jpg it'll open in a new window
                    Wow, I'm impressed; that's also great, Luciana! I really should feel ashamed for being around so many gifted people.
                    Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Keller makes it all the more worse

Just a heads up - FH has episodes with her scenes cut out you can download if you absolutely can't stand her.
                    LOL, I didn't know that! But what an idea!
                    Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
                    .:Well, after working where I work for a while...
                    Spoiler:
                    ...I've met lots of fantastic German-speaking people, and have started learning the language. Just a wee bit, nothing fancy yet. One of the German girls I befriended has recently had to move back, so I miss her. : ( It's a good excuse to visit, no?
                    Yes, please come to visit, Haliyah!
                    .:I'm learning German at the moment. I just think it'd be cool to be able to yell random things at Franz and not have anyone else understand what I'm saying, lol! Actually, the forty-four letter alphabet is a little intimidating, as are some of the sounds that, as an English speaker, I find extremely difficult to imitate.
                    that's the reason why my twin and I used to write letters in braille to each other in class when we were young. When our teachers caught us and wanted to read the letter to the class, they just couldn't read it! lol

I'm sure you'll manage to get the sounds right. After all, it's just a matter of a) practice, and b) having someone at hand who is able to form the right sounds as an example.
                    .: YOU READ HOW MANY PAGES?! Holy muffins, woman!!! *is in awe*
                    <snip...>
                    .:HAH! Awesome! Our sweet doc draws in everyone!
                    Indeed. But, Haliyah, if you're in desperate need for a thunk, it's the exact right thing to do. How better to get your Carson fix than by going back to a time when he was still in so many episodes and we got regular new pic spams of the fresh episodes?!
                    .:Oooh, right. Forgot about that episode. But, now, here's the question:
                    Spoiler:
                    would that Carson have done it?
                    That's the question, isn't it. Now we'll never know for sure, but here's my take.
                    Spoiler:
                    I honestly don't think Carson would have gone as far as really killing Kolya, except in a life-or-death situation for John. I rather think he would have either beaten the **** out of the man or disabled him with a safe shot that wouldn't be lethal. Yet I do believe, however, that Beckett, even against his credo of doing no harm, would have resorted to violence, even if Sheppard would have been out of immediate danger at that time. I think he was angry enough to attack Kolya had he gotten the chance when they went to pick up the Colonel on that planet.

.:Of course we'll have you! And, really, I'm happy with the floor too. But we can work that out once we're ready to reserve a room, no?
                    The way I see it, you'll all end up on the floor and the bed will be left unoccupied.
                    .:O_o It snows in Texas?!
                    .:I love snow...except when it snows as much as it just did on Saturday. Really, really heavily. Not as bad as Newfoundland gets, but it was deep enough that the car got stuck trying to get out of my drifted-over work parking lot. Just getting out of the building was a challenge, because the snow had drifted three feet up the front of the building...including the door. Now THAT was fun.
                    You know the German term "Schadenfreude", right? I'm glad you finally managed to get out of the building, Haliyah; and as I use to say, "Schadenfreude ist die ehrlichste Art von Mitleid!" (Schadenfreude is the most honest kind of compassion.)
                    twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                    sigpic

Comment

And because my feaking multi-quote post was too long, here is part two! I will make amends for the double posting at the end of this post with a genuine pic spam.
                      Originally posted by meezergater View Post
                      Originally Posted by twinchaosblade
                      ...But I have to disagree with you on the highlighted part in the spoiler tags. I think in 'Common Ground'
                      Spoiler:
                      when Kolya tortured Sheppard by letting a Wraith feed off him, he definitely looked like he would have ripped Kolya apart if he had the chance.
                      yes, i agree totally. (sorry to budge in, *grinn*)
                      Spoiler:
                      but that look on his face when seeing Shep fed on by the wraith is about priceless. It is so between shock and almost hatred.
                      when i watched that episode for the first time i just went: "wow, Paul is some actor when he can get this much across with face-expression only and in such a short shot" I think this also makes him stand out allot of the times.
                      with Mckay, it is almost always what he says and the way he says things, with Carson it is so much more bodylanguage.
                      Very well said, meezergater. I'm in total agreement with you on the point that Paul McGillion always did a spot-on job portraying Carson convicingly.
                      I just drew a little sketch about Carson and his baby turtles

<snip...>
                      a german night? that would be cool - I'll bring the popcorn ;D
                      Oh, I love that sketch, Lia! The little Nessi is so immensely cute, and I also like your drawing of Carson.

lol at the German day. I think a lot of people would get terribly lost if we did that. I'm not even sure I wouldn't be one of them. *hides in corner* Everything Stargate related is in my head so totally associated with the English language, I always have a hard time talking about Atlantis and Beckett in German. *hangs head even more* I think phibi knows what I mean.
                      Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      I don't remember if I dopped this off the other day and sorry if I did.
                      Kindred2
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm so glad he's back. I loved him in Kindred 2.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...arsonback1.jpg

Wonderful art in here.
                      Speaking of wonderful art... Fantastic banner!
                      Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
                      Languages:
                      Spoiler:
                      I'd like to speak many different languages. But it's not so easy for me to learn them. I'm more a mathematics/numbers-person (hey, Shep and I are even ). It may be that English is an easier language than some other ones. But there are some points I'm still doing wrong.
                      I think that's the great difference between native speakers and learners of the English Language.
                      Spoiler:
                      I think as a learner you have to put more effort into mastering a certain language but on the other hand you have a much more rational approach to that language and understand certain things on a different level than what navtive speakers do. No offence, but for me as someone who has learned English for almost twenty years now, it's completely beyond me how one can mix up "than" and "then" or "rise" and "raise"; but still that's something I see ALOT of native speakers don't get it straight. Not because they are stupid but it's just not as obvious for them as it is for me. It's the old dilemma of natural versus analytical approach to a language.

Originally posted by phibi View Post
                      feels a bit like a german invasion here *lol*
                      but so true!
                      Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                      Caz has to admit... "Yes well there are shows that don't jerk you around, like Supernatural...and then there were other hair do's on other shows..."

Eh, well it was fun being here, while I was a fangirl. Thanks for the memories and so forth.
                      I'm so glad to see you here again, Caz! It's been a while since your last visit. I really understand what you mean and I share your view of Supernatural not evoking the impression of wanting to screw with their loyal fans. I can't say I haven't lost my enthusiam for the show but I've always enjoyed being in this thread with all those dear posters and seeing more of Carson/PM that, at the moment, I wouldn't think of abandoning this thread.

There's too much of this to fuel my addiction

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post

hm.. no idea.. *innocent look*

Spoiler:

btw, the pics are from See Grace Fly
                        Ooohhh yesss.....

Comment

Our englishteacher said, learning english is easier than learning german.
                          Try finnish.
                          Try Hungarian. It's even harder. (OK, I donno anything in Finnish lol )
                          By the way, welcome to the newbies!!
                          I hope if Paul comes back to Bonn next year, I'll be able to go again....

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                            [FONT="Georgia"]

Lucky you - my mum mocks me for watching SGA but I do not care Dad's also watching the series and I dread when we get to Sunday. I don't cry easily and so I always get teased a little by family when I cry in movies. I probably will not even watch it with him. To embarassing!

Scary indeed I never knew such evil until I heard of people that actually hate Carson. I find that surprising. Do they just like Keller better (bleagh nonetheless) or (hope not) just don't want him back?
                            My mom likes SGA, but she would think I'd lost it if I cried over something that happened in any movie or TV show. So.....guarding the emotions there, a lot.

People hate Carson? That actually shocks me, but I guess it shouldn't. I find it terribly difficult to imagine how any decent person could dislike him - maybe some people can't deal with seeing a genuine, kind, lovely person portrayed on screen? Have we sunk to the level where all characters must walk around punching and shooting people in order to be accepted?

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post

And the point you mentioned was also what bugged me the most about the last few eps of the third season. It's completely understandable that they don't want to bring one episode's events into the next but honestly, how realistic is that for a major death? And this behaviour just makes us like the other characters less when we have to believe they don't really care, and the death of a seemingly close friend has no lasting effects on everybody. I mean, one day they treat Carson, at least his remains, like they would never get over it, and the very next episode they couldn't care less. Very convincing strategy. It only helps to antagonize the others.

After all, I think most of us wouldn't be here if it weren't for his kind and caring nature. Looks can get you only so far. Let's phrase it like this, "Carson is beautiful, inside and out."

That's the question, isn't it. Now we'll never know for sure, but here's my take.
                            Spoiler:
                            I honestly don't think Carson would have gone as far as really killing Kolya, except in a life-or-death situation for John. I rather think he would have either beaten the **** out of the man or disabled him with a safe shot that wouldn't be lethal. Yet I do believe, however, that Beckett, even against his credo of doing no harm, would have resorted to violence, even if Sheppard would have been out of immediate danger at that time. I think he was angry enough to attack Kolya had he gotten the chance when they went to pick up the Colonel on that planet.

I don't believe it *is* realistic for a major death....at least not on a human level, it isn't. Not when you have a close, caring team of people, and you're expected to believe that the death of one of their own has virtually no effect? After all the establishment of how these people would sacrifice anything for each other, etc. etc......it's hard to buy.

Couldn't agree more with the beautiful inside and out statement Inside, particularly. Shep gets my attention for eye candy character of SGA. But Carson's beautiful soul has my heart.

I agree with your spoilered Carson statements too

Comment

Goood Mooooorning everyone!!!!

How many germans are in here? I mean... We are more than I expected.. Are we enough to take over GW ? Yep, that's exactly what we meant, in german boards it's really hard to beaccepted as a newby.

Ok Ok... so we don't shave Paul... I like it too.. it's just this desire...

Oh, it would be really cool if we could meet at the FedCon next year - would be really fun. Just hope that we don't get a restraining order...

by Jolanda:
                              There you are mixing something up. Its MY sister who is living in Bonn so I won't have to pay a hotel for FedCon!
                              Wait, are we related?

Comment

oeps, I think this is what they call a ""Tuesdaymorning fix".
                                "Hot" is the word here?

(btw, is See grace fly a dvd that was released worldwide? I have been trying to find that movie, but it seems to be limited available. I heared it got very good reviews)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X