Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
      1 day, 21 hours, and 48 minutes!

OMG.... 1 day.......... can't believe I was just able to type that! lol
      I can't wait till Friday

Comment

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
        I can't wait till Friday
        I'll have to wait until saturday. ._. Because I don't have the sci-fi channel. <_<

Just checked the season 5 episode guide...and Paul is appearing in
        Spoiler:
        "Whispers"! <3 But all of you probably knew that already.
        Last edited by Emre; 21 February 2008, 06:33 AM.
        ~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
          Just checked the season 5 episode guide...and Paul is appearing in "Whispers"! <3 But all of you probably knew that already.
          no I don't and it would be nice if you would stick something like that into spoiler tags the next time

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
          Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Hey guys, I'm sorry for disappearing for two days but (OT)
            Spoiler:
            on Tuesday night my boss invited me to have dinner at some very classy restaurant as thanks for my good work. It turned out to be a very good but LONG evening. We went out at half past seven, and I got home well after midnight. But look what I got (and what is finally finished after more than one and a half years):
            Spoiler:

This is the book I co-wrote and edited, all in all 1.132 pages! phew! When we started, we thought it might be 800 pages tops.
            Then yesterday, my boss said I would have to work till six in the evening to get a few things done before my holidays start. I think I don't have to specifically mention that I had to work till way after eight... Today I've got a few things I have to do at the computer but don't need to come to the office, so that's a plus; and then...
            I FINALLY GOT HOLIDAYS!
            The first days off in over two years. I told my boss I had booked my train tickets and would be gone till March 9th. Yay!

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            wow ... passed 300 already...

Congratulations on the milestone posts, Reiko!

As you probably know, this totally warrants your own personal CarsonClone to look at and cuddle!
            Here we go *kicks Clonomatic 3000+ into gear*
            Spoiler:
            Step back a little bit, this is going to be HUGE.

Ah, there you are, Carson.

Reiko, may I introduce you to your CarsonClone. There you go, love!

Spoiler:
            No, I didn't know before, but thanks for pointing it out, Emre!

Anyone in for a few 'Rising' caps?

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
              no I don't and it would be nice if you would stick something like that into spoiler tags the next time
              Sorry, my mistake. >_< Edited!

Amazing caps, twinchaosblade. <3 Like usual.

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

I'll have to wait until saturday. ._. Because I don't have the sci-fi channel. <_<

Spoiler:
                At least it just a day difference for you. It could be worse.
                Spoiler for Season 5's Whispers
                Spoiler:

From JM:
                Well, I completed all of two pages on Whispers today, finally hitting that all-important 10 page mark but, more importantly, establishing the other team: Captain Alicia Vega, Lieutenant Anne Teldy, Sergeant Dusty Wells, and Dr. Alison (with one L) Porter. Carson will be in for a treat - when he’s not fighting for his life. Come tomorrow, I’ll probably rewrite the whole thing anyway but, hey, it’s a start. A slow, laborious start.
                I wonder what he means by fighting for his life?

Comment

This article has a nice photo of Paul as well

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/Art....aspx?e=911686

excerpt:

Feb 21 2008
                  Niagara actor strapped in for Stargate, Star Trek
                  Posted By JOHN LAW

Former Niagara resident Paul McGillion laughs about the first time he told his parents he was going to star in a new TV show called “Stargate Atlantis.”

Despite correcting them countless times, they thought he said “Star Trek.”

A few years later, he now has both franchises on the resume.

The rugged, Scottish-born actor was being seriously considered for the part of Scotty in the new “Star Trek” film, being directed by “Lost” creator JJ Abrams. The part eventually went to British comic actor Simon Pegg (“Shaun of the Dead,” “Hot Fuzz”), but Abrams was so impressed with McGillion’s audition, he gave him another small role in the $160 million revamp, which hits theatres Christmas Day. [note: the film has been delayed until May 2009]

“It does feel huge,” he says from his parents’ home in Niagara-on-the-Lake this week, before starting work on Season Five of “Stargate Atlantis.”

It’s about the only thing McGillion is allowed to say about the secretive production - he had to sign a 10-page confidentiality agreement when he joined the cast.

Full story in Friday's Review
                  Last edited by prion; 21 February 2008, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Just a quick peek in to cheer about it being just over a day till Kindred!

Must go work on a lab report, but I hope to spend more time here soon. If my semester wasn't busy enough, though, the professor I'm doing an independent study with just hired me to work in her lab five hours a week. I'm totally psyched about it, though, and she said she'd like to hire me full-time for the summer before I move off to grad school. So I'll be tired, but a good kind of tired. And heck, maybe the increased paycheck will include enough to go to a convention sometime soon.

I hope everyone's well! Enjoy the episode tomorrow!

Seti

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      This article has a nice photo of Paul as well

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/Art....aspx?e=911686

excerpt:

Feb 21 2008
                      Niagara actor strapped in for Stargate, Star Trek
                      Posted By JOHN LAW

Former Niagara resident Paul McGillion laughs about the first time he told his parents he was going to star in a new TV show called “Stargate Atlantis.”

Despite correcting them countless times, they thought he said “Star Trek.”

A few years later, he now has both franchises on the resume.

The rugged, Scottish-born actor was being seriously considered for the part of Scotty in the new “Star Trek” film, being directed by “Lost” creator JJ Abrams. The part eventually went to British comic actor Simon Pegg (“Shaun of the Dead,” “Hot Fuzz”), but Abrams was so impressed with McGillion’s audition, he gave him another small role in the $160 million revamp, which hits theatres Christmas Day. [note: the film has been delayed until May 2009]

“It does feel huge,” he says from his parents’ home in Niagara-on-the-Lake this week, before starting work on Season Five of “Stargate Atlantis.”

It’s about the only thing McGillion is allowed to say about the secretive production - he had to sign a 10-page confidentiality agreement when he joined the cast.

Full story in Friday's Review
                      mmm "rugged", Paul is definelty Ruggedly handsome! Thanks for that Prion!

BTW Cant wait until tomorrow, all of my friends and family know not to bug me after 9:00 tomorrow

I also converted a friend of mine into a Beckett thunker. All I had to do was show her the first scene of Rising
                      BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

*bounces in*

23 hours and 30 minutes until The Kindred!!!!

*bounces out*

p.s. Twinny, I am so glad you finally got your holiday! You more than deserve it!!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                          *bounces in*

23 hours and 30 minutes until The Kindred!!!!

*bounces out*

p.s. Twinny, I am so glad you finally got your holiday! You more than deserve it!!
                          YAY!! Can't wait till Friday night. Now I just have to get though work tomorrow and I am set. Plus I just went over 100 post. Double Yay!

Comment

Oh! This is so exciting! I saw a preview for the epi today on SciFi before I went to work and so freaked out...my mom was like chill out! But it's just seems so epic! Couldn't help myself! Nerd I know.
                            Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
                              Oh! This is so exciting! I saw a preview for the epi today on SciFi before I went to work and so freaked out...my mom was like chill out! But it's just seems so epic! Couldn't help myself! Nerd I know.
                              That is a perfectly normal reaction.

I can't wail until tomorrow. <3

Comment

Thought this was relevant:

The article's out!

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/Art....aspx?e=912131

Niagara Falls Reviews
                                Feb 22, 2008
                                Fans forced actor's return

excerpt:

Attempting to shake up the storyline near the end of Season 3, Beckett was killed in the wrenching episode 'Sunday,' which aired last June.

"I said 'Thank you for the opportunity - I had a great time doing it.' At that time, I had done 50-something episodes of the character. That's how it works. That's how show business is."
                                But the outcry from fans convinced producers to bring him back for the Season 4 episode 'The Kindred - Part 1,' airing today in the U.S.

For the upcoming fifth season, McGillion has been confirmed for five episodes.

Supporters actually held a rally in the rain, complete with a pipe band, outside the production studio last March to save McGillion's character. It reaffirmed to him how committed sci-fi fans are to their shows.
                                "It's a really niche market and they're super, super loyal. I've met some interesting people and it's a really cool part of the business."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Working...
                                X