• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
    Spoiler:

OMG! where did you find those?!

Comment

Originally posted by Scottish Doctor View Post
      I snurched them. These are promo pics which popped up in here.

There are even a few more...

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
      sigpic

Comment

Many congratulations and jubilations
        on terrific posts, idlewild!
        Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
        congrats on 500 posts!!!
        Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
        Congrats on 500!!
        Thanks guys!!!

Take more time to thunk? Ohh, or take time to make more screencaps, or both! *grins*

Eh... I could go with that one too

Spoiler:

That one...... *thunk*
        Me luff it

Now... off to keep good to that "more capping" resolution

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Congrats to the milestones

Comment

Spoiler:
            I think about proposing to my friend. I know it's usually the guy who does this but he's not someone for romantic stuff, yet I am, and I want to make that moment special... *hangs head*
            Spoiler:
            Oh my. o_o We'll, I wish you the best of luck! Romantic moments are the best.

Here cometh OT:
            Spoiler:
            Wednesday before Christmas was supposed to be my last working day, and I really hoped I could leave after about three or four hours in the office because I had worked till after midnight the day before, and hoped to catch up with a bit of sleep. As you can imagine, I didn't get home until half past six, three hours late. But I thought, 'What the heck, after all it was my last day in the office for two weeks.' The next day around late afternoon my boss called and told me I had to come to the office first thing on Friday morning because the guys from Uni weren't accepting my work contract.
            Spoiler:

So I went there at nine to settle all problems, already having a very bad feeling about this. I was told that I had filled out the wrong (meaning outdated) form for my contract to continue. But the thing is, when I filled it out it was still the right one, they just changed the form about a month ago. Now I already new about the new form that was supposed to come out but it wasn't available yet. I already knew that the only difference between the two form was that they wanted to have my eMail address instead of my phone number. Therefore, I anticipated trouble and crossed out phone number, instead writing "eMail", then filled my eMail address in the space for phone number. The lady in administration still told me that the things I put down were all right but it still wasn't the right form, so they wouldn't accept it no matter what. She handed me the new form and told me to fill it out immediately, fourfold! I did so and handed it back in. Once I was back at my office and thought everything was now settled, the lady called me on the phone and told me that the new contract had been supposed to begin with the new year but now it was less than two weeks before the contract started therefore the new contract wouldn't begin on Jan. 1st but on Jan. 15th (so I essentially lost my job for two weeks).

BUT since there was now an intermission of two weeks before the new contract started, I had to come to her office again and get another set of forms regarding my health insurance and taxes for my wages I was to fill out, again each fourfold! I went to fetch the forms and told her in the face that she obviously thought I had nothing else to do than be an errand runner for her red tape episodes. She coolly smiled at me and said, she had every right to treat me like that if I filled out wrong forms or handed them in late. Then she called after me that, if I didn't hand in the new forms by 1 PM they wouldn't accept the contract before Feb. 1st because they close the University over the Christmas holidays and won't open administrations before Jan. 8th, which would be too late for forms due for Jan. 15th.

Once I was in my office again, she called my boss once more telling him that this intermission also applied for the contract of one of my colleagues. And because said colleague already has a law school degree, she had to apply for her degree to be accepted at our University again, after all the law school could take away her degree during these two weeks of unemployment... When my boss hung up, he used some very graphic expletives to describe her state of mind.

After having filled out my forms AND the ones for my colleague, who was already on holidays, I finally left the office at Quarter past one, had my patience frayed and was fuming on end. But at least I get my job back at mid January, so I don't have to try and deal with the loss of a whole month's pay!

Next thing: My twin wanted to give me the Season One box of 'Supernatural' as Christmas present. She had ordered it from the US on Nov. 15th but it still hadn't arrived by Dec. 20th and we were getting very worried. On Saturday before Christmas our parents called us to tell us that the German customs had sent in a letter. Upon opening it, we had to find out that the customs had confiscated my present because the item description was not in German (it said "DVD box", which is quite frankly also the German expression). Then they told me I had to bring a German description, the order form and payment bills, plus if I didn't get the package within seven days, they would charge me delay fees. They had sent out the letter on Friday, Saturday was closed, Monday through Wednesday were closed because of Christmas, so I had to get the package at seven in the morning on Thursday being the last day for me to pick my present up before they charged fees. And I had to get the package at the customs office almost an hour's drive away from our place.

Once there, I was told to open the package because they also suspected I was trying to smuggle illegal medical supplies into the country. (What a joke! I really thought they were kidding me!) I gave them every document they had requested, even brought along a newspaper article which stated that the show was also called 'Supernatural' in Germany, opened the package and showed them the DVDs. Now they finally let me take my Christmas present home but I still had to realize that one of the DVDs in the box was damaged with nasty scratches because the DVD box had suffered from the shipping ordeal.

Honestly, can you understand why I was a tiny bit edgy and short tempered around the holidays?
            Oookaay...too much to read, but I'm getting the gist of it. Poor you. =(

Spoiler:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I am sooo stealing some for graphic art.

Two days left before I leave Turkey, so I decided to celebrate with caps from Sateda!

Spoiler:

~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

I snurched them. These are promo pics which popped up in here.

There are even a few more...

AWW!! The cover of the current Stargate magazine!!!

Comment

Gosh, I can get some HQ pics of Carson..... I try to put them here for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Scottish Doctor View Post
                  [/SPOILERS]
                  Scottish Doctor, if you haven't seen those you've probably missed these as well (from the SciFi.com photo gallery):

Spoiler:
                  And these as well!

OT for Twinny

Spoiler:
                  I can't believe what that brainless bureaucrat put you through!! If I post what I really think of her, I'd probably get banned from the board.
                  BIG HUG for you for losing 2 weeks' pay, and getting through that experience without strangling someone - I'm not sure I could have managed it!

Comment

Great pics, TJinLOCA! I love how well his eyes stand out in those *sigh*

Here cometh OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    Wednesday before Christmas was supposed to be my last working day, and I really hoped I could leave after about three or four hours in the office because I had worked till after midnight the day before, and hoped to catch up with a bit of sleep. As you can imagine, I didn't get home until half past six, three hours late. But I thought, 'What the heck, after all it was my last day in the office for two weeks.' The next day around late afternoon my boss called and told me I had to come to the office first thing on Friday morning because the guys from Uni weren't accepting my work contract.

So I went there at nine to settle all problems, already having a very bad feeling about this. I was told that I had filled out the wrong (meaning outdated) form for my contract to continue. But the thing is, when I filled it out it was still the right one, they just changed the form about a month ago. Now I already new about the new form that was supposed to come out but it wasn't available yet. I already knew that the only difference between the two form was that they wanted to have my eMail address instead of my phone number. Therefore, I anticipated trouble and crossed out phone number, instead writing "eMail", then filled my eMail address in the space for phone number. The lady in administration still told me that the things I put down were all right but it still wasn't the right form, so they wouldn't accept it no matter what. She handed me the new form and told me to fill it out immediately, fourfold! I did so and handed it back in. Once I was back at my office and thought everything was now settled, the lady called me on the phone and told me that the new contract had been supposed to begin with the new year but now it was less than two weeks before the contract started therefore the new contract wouldn't begin on Jan. 1st but on Jan. 15th (so I essentially lost my job for two weeks).

BUT since there was now an intermission of two weeks before the new contract started, I had to come to her office again and get another set of forms regarding my health insurance and taxes for my wages I was to fill out, again each fourfold! I went to fetch the forms and told her in the face that she obviously thought I had nothing else to do than be an errand runner for her red tape episodes. She coolly smiled at me and said, she had every right to treat me like that if I filled out wrong forms or handed them in late. Then she called after me that, if I didn't hand in the new forms by 1 PM they wouldn't accept the contract before Feb. 1st because they close the University over the Christmas holidays and won't open administrations before Jan. 8th, which would be too late for forms due for Jan. 15th.

Once I was in my office again, she called my boss once more telling him that this intermission also applied for the contract of one of my colleagues. And because said colleague already has a law school degree, she had to apply for her degree to be accepted at our University again, after all the law school could take away her degree during these two weeks of unemployment... When my boss hung up, he used some very graphic expletives to describe her state of mind.

After having filled out my forms AND the ones for my colleague, who was already on holidays, I finally left the office at Quarter past one, had my patience frayed and was fuming on end. But at least I get my job back at mid January, so I don't have to try and deal with the loss of a whole month's pay!

Next thing: My twin wanted to give me the Season One box of 'Supernatural' as Christmas present. She had ordered it from the US on Nov. 15th but it still hadn't arrived by Dec. 20th and we were getting very worried. On Saturday before Christmas our parents called us to tell us that the German customs had sent in a letter. Upon opening it, we had to find out that the customs had confiscated my present because the item description was not in German (it said "DVD box", which is quite frankly also the German expression). Then they told me I had to bring a German description, the order form and payment bills, plus if I didn't get the package within seven days, they would charge me delay fees. They had sent out the letter on Friday, Saturday was closed, Monday through Wednesday were closed because of Christmas, so I had to get the package at seven in the morning on Thursday being the last day for me to pick my present up before they charged fees. And I had to get the package at the customs office almost an hour's drive away from our place.

Once there, I was told to open the package because they also suspected I was trying to smuggle illegal medical supplies into the country. (What a joke! I really thought they were kidding me!) I gave them every document they had requested, even brought along a newspaper article which stated that the show was also called 'Supernatural' in Germany, opened the package and showed them the DVDs. Now they finally let me take my Christmas present home but I still had to realize that one of the DVDs in the box was damaged with nasty scratches because the DVD box had suffered from the shipping ordeal.

Honestly, can you understand why I was a tiny bit edgy and short tempered around the holidays?
                    Oh my goodness Twinny! I can't believe you got through all of that without snapping. I'm sure I would've somewhere in there! Yikes. *big hugs*

Love the pic spam, though. Very nice.

P.S.: I loved your smiles, cshawzye! I laughed so hard at the YMCA one.
                    lol thanks!

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                    Now... off to keep good to that "more capping" resolution
                    Woo hoo! The more caps the better!

how about a little pic spam?

Spoiler:

Last edited by cshawzye; 03 January 2008, 03:46 PM.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                    "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Great caps Twinny, Emre and TJinLOCA. *drolls*

I received my Secret Santa gift today. It's fantastic!

Oh, I forgot: Twinny...that was terrible! I would not keep a cool head after that. No way! I guess you're a better person. *thumbs up*

Last edited by *Oda*; 03 January 2008, 03:25 PM.
                      "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
                        Scottish Doctor, if you haven't seen those you've probably missed these as well (from the SciFi.com photo gallery):

Spoiler:
                        And these as well!

omg *dies* I love him so much lol

Comment

Oh my goodness Twinny! I can't believe you got through all of that without snapping. I'm sure I would've somewhere in there! Yikes. *big hugs*
                          Thank you everybody for your kind words! But what makes you believe I didn't snap?

Emre, have a save trip back home. I'm glad you're mood has improved significantly.

And concerning the great pics that awaited me here, there is only ONE thing I can do: pic spam as payback!

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
                            I cry a lot anymore. I'm pretty depressed. I don't go to a shrink or anything, though, if my mom knew I was as depressed as I am, I'd be sitting in a shrink's office right now.

Lucky you, no depression.
                            Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                            Not New Years here yet; my side of the world gets it last But anyways!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ppynewyear.gif Happy new year, ya'll!

-squeedom squee- April seems so far away!

Skiffy gave me the best Christmas present this year [everything else I got was clothes. lots. lots I wish to return. two seconds of video is priceless and forever

I think Rodney would be very shocked at first, as would eveyone else - maybe even a bit awkward - but then, happy times again

I will be on the edge of my seat the whole time. My heart will be beating really, realy fast. I might squeak happy tears after all of the squee's on squeedom. But hopefully no Sunday-reaction.

-hugs- I told my best friend and broke down in Biology 1. She was actually very understanding and it was odd as we are both neither the kind to show emotion in public.

I want a handmade Carson doll ... and a bunch of SGA dolls. Do you have apicture you can post of it? =]

My mom knows and sent me to a shrink. My shrink is nice but I suspect she is a robot. Most of my sessions are spent with her observing me twiddle my fingers in silence. It's very boring, sometimes I feel embarrased to tell people about
                            Big hugs to both of you. I know what depression is like. Been dealing with it since I was a kid.

OMG, Twinny! Big hugs to you too, for the stupidity that woman put you through. Glad you are having a better time now.

And this is a little belated but...

Congrats to Oda for 1000 posts!

and...

Congrats to Idlewild for 500 posts!
                            sigpic

Hurrah for a Fifth Season of Stargate: Atlantis!

Comment

hey whoa, TJinLOCA, I haven't seen a stack of those!!!! YUM!

*reappears from holiday*

Comment

Wooweeee!! GREAT caps everybody!! I'm loving this *faints* *dies* *thunks*

Hi Caz!! I hope you had a good Holiday!!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Working...
                                X