No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tired to multi-quote and it seems my computer doesn't want to play nicely tonight. So I'm going to try and go through everything that I can remember. If I miss something I'm very very sorry .... Perhaps I'll post a couple of pictures at the end to make up for anything I might miss (hehe, yay for the power of paul pics!)

Great choice with the dirt, leighanners! It's definitely classic.

I wish it snowed more. We used to have these huge piles of snow. It was insane. It usually came from November right through to March or so. Not anymore though, which means less time for fun outdoors.

Oh my goodness, the con pics!! *swoons* I can't wait to get to go off to a con and do something paul gazing. hehe. Thank you so so much for sharing them.

As for Missing ... I was a little annoyed because I thought
    Spoiler:
    they seemed to be trying to write Keller a lot like early first season Carson. It was like Carson-lite, whcih annoyed me a little. There was more but that was the biggest thing. I'm glad they're having Keller mention Carson when she does something, because it does respect the character. At the same time though, it annoys me because I think, you know the writers could have saved themselves some lines with just keeping Carson around. *shrugs*

I love your banner, twin! And I totally agree. S4 needs some Carson-spice!

This is the pic that gets me every time I see it:

I don't know what it is about this pic. It's just guh! The hair, the look on his face, the angle of his face, his hands, the medical gear ... I don't know exactly, but I love it.

Or this one (I can't find the original of this one):

There is just something about Carson at work that I really like.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
    "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
      [FONT="Century Gothic"]Let me celebrate your return with some pics that will make you instantly feel better, promise.
      I'm sorry to hear that you are still hurting, I hope it was nothing too serious though. *sends good vibes and well-wishes to phynyx*
      Originally posted by leighanners View Post
      YES! The accent and the eyes...I'm a sucker for blue eyes...but the way he talks...*sigh* It makes me a happy girl. .

Glad you're feeling better phyn!
      Thanks Twinny and leighanners!

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
      Ditto on everything you said.

And again.... I agre completely. I haven't met the guy, but judging from all the fans that have, he seems like a really great and classy guy. Carson is a great character and I couldn't imagine anyone else playing it than Paul.

Thank you.
      He really is a great man.

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
      BTW, this is my first post with my new sig banner, so I should thank idlewild for designing it! Isn't it pretty?
      The banner is fantastic!

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
      Welcome back, phynyxoffyre, too! Are you feeling better now? All well in your world?

Thank you! I feel pretty good about it. And I'm psyched because I just discovered that my university I applied to has an Animal Personality Institute where they do research on studying what aspects of personality animals and humans have in common, especially dogs. How fun would that be to work on?! (For me, tons!) So I'll be making a bid to get accepted into that lab and hopefully get to do some research there.

I'm doing better, thanks SETI!

That sounds like really interesting research. (I have a dog, and she definitely has some human personality characteristics!) Hope you get into the program!

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
      Hi folkses!!! I'm still alive lol

Been super busy with school and my horse and just life in general. That and I've somehow messed up my lower back, it hurts to sit for long periods of time and the computer chair especially plays havoc. (hehe... right now I'm laying on my back on the floor with my sister's laptop... I need to get me one of these).

Man... I need to stop looking at con pics, makes me want to go even more. I love that pic Watcher! That is so awesome of him to let you take a picture!

And of course... awesome pictures everyone!!! *thunk*

TJinLOCA Yay for awesome siggys! Haha, I got all happy coming in here and seeing that

Well, tis late, I'm off to bed, maybe I'll find time to come splash some more in the gutter tomorrow!
      Ouch! Hop you start feeling better soon!

Originally posted by BeckettRulez View Post
      Thanks for the lovely pictures... Made my day (which sucked by the way, sometimes I hate real life) much better;-)
      Awww. I'm sorry your day sucked! *hugs*

Spoiler:
      Feeling better! Thanks all, for the well wishes. I still need to go see the doctor about at least one (minor) surgery and get a referral to an audiologist. So hopefully I can get a few things worked out. (And I'll hear better too!)

It's been so crazy here in Illinois. We've just set up for the Holiday at work, and I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month, so that is eating a lot of my free time.

But hey, writing SGA fanfic for a month, totally worth spending free time on.
      sigpic

Hurrah for a Fifth Season of Stargate: Atlantis!

Comment

That sounds like really interesting research. (I have a dog, and she definitely has some human personality characteristics!) Hope you get into the program!
        Thanks, phynyx! (Glad you're feeling better too!) I'm so excited about that program. Only problem is I discovered you have to be going for a Psychology doctorate to work in his lab. Also, the program I was pursuing (Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior) I just learned is more interested in physiology than the behavior itself, so if I really want to go into behavioral studies, it's not the best way to go. SO...three weeks from the application deadline, I'm switching which program I'm applying to. I'm insane, but it is my future on the line, so I want to make sure I get on the right path. Don't want to spend five years getting a degree in something that's not my real love when I could avoid it. Just means more paperwork, more interviews, more e-mails...

Twinny, that's banner's a great idea! Perhaps more Pauls than are necessary to make the point, but certainly not an unwelcome one in the bunch from a fangirl perspective. (The diving one cracks me up! ) It somehow conveys a room full of Beckett clones bustling about. And that is a room I must find.

Love the pic spam, Oda. Lovely choices! And I love that pic of Paul in the chair too, Idlewild! Great expression!

Getting really eager for Christmas here. I asked for Dog's Breakfast, See Grace Fly, and any season of SGA on DVD, so I should be able to do a Paul marathon in the days following. Found something nice for my Secret Santa person too. I hope they like it!

Seti

Comment

wow I hope I'm still welcome here.

Erm yes perhaps I shall distract everyone with a pic...

...and a Jedi mind trick!

...maybe.

I've actually stopped watching SGA, so please warn me when THE EPISODES are due to air.

*hostile glares*

Uh oh warn out the welcome again.

Comment

BTW, this weekend I finally found the time to watch ADB.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Here it is anyway...
              Yes, there's too much Paul. From right to left - >(which should stay or go...and I'm not arabian...it's just my mood now to watch it from right.. )
              -first - stay
              -second and third - go
              -fourth - stay
              -fifth - go
              -sixth - stay
              -flying one(seventh) - go
              -eighth(chair) - stay
              -ninth -stay
              -tenth - go
              -eleventh - stay
              And you should pick out the dragons and chose a different background. It's just suggestions, but I think it would be better this way.

Thanks, phynyx! (Glad you're feeling better too!) I'm so excited about that program. Only problem is I discovered you have to be going for a Psychology doctorate to work in his lab. Also, the program I was pursuing (Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior) I just learned is more interested in physiology than the behavior itself, so if I really want to go into behavioral studies, it's not the best way to go. SO...three weeks from the application deadline, I'm switching which program I'm applying to. I'm insane, but it is my future on the line, so I want to make sure I get on the right path. Don't want to spend five years getting a degree in something that's not my real love when I could avoid it. Just means more paperwork, more interviews, more e-mails...

Seti
              I study biology at uni too. My first choice was also Ecology, and inside that Etology(that the behaviour part with animals, mosty dogs). But this is just too popular, and you only have to write tests for the dogs, and it's not very suuported(I mean by money) in Hungary. The mikrobiology, immunology, or genetics are more evolving, and there is more money in them. I know I know, but I have to earn my living somehow in the future.. So I think I go with mikrobiology.
              Last edited by Arwen Undomiel; 12 November 2007, 11:26 AM.
              'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
              One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

Spoiler:

Love the pic spam, Oda. Lovely choices! And I love that pic of Paul in the chair too, Idlewild! Great expression!

Getting really eager for Christmas here. I asked for Dog's Breakfast, See Grace Fly, and any season of SGA on DVD, so I should be able to do a Paul marathon in the days following. Found something nice for my Secret Santa person too. I hope they like it!

Seti
                Well, I hope you make/made the right choice.
                Oh, I can't wait for Christmas either. I think I'll go to an early shopping, so I don't end broke at the end of december as I usually do :rolleyes.
                And I also have something in mind for my SS person. But I still need something small to go along.

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                wow I hope I'm still welcome here.

Erm yes perhaps I shall distract everyone with a pic...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ile/dvd369.jpg

...and a Jedi mind trick!

...maybe.
                Hey Hyper
                I was distracted so-mission accomplished.

I've actually stopped watching SGA, so please warn me when THE EPISODES are due to air.

*hostile glares*

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ile/dvd357.jpg
                Lol, you did not. I like the caps BTW.

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Hey guys! Fun little SCB related announcement coming tomorrow!!

sigpic
                  www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                  Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Hey guys! Fun little SCB related announcement coming tomorrow!!
                    Eep! Ooh, a tease! Can't wait!

I study biology at uni too. My first choice was also Ecology, and inside that Etology(that the behaviour part with animals, mosty dogs). But this is just too popular, and you only have to write tests for the dogs, and it's not very suuported(I mean by money) in Hungary. The mikrobiology, immunology, or genetics are more evolving, and there is more money in them. I know I know, but I have to earn my living somehow in the future.. So I think I go with mikrobiology.
                    Another ethologist! How cool! I know what you mean about it not being the fastest growing part of biology. Fortunately, the US is one of the more active countries studying behavior, so I'll probably be able to find some job to do with my degree. Good for you for being able to work in microbiology! Though I like genetics, I was never any good at micro, immunology, or much at that scale. I'm at my core a behaviorist. Plus, I gave up a long time ago on the idea I'd make more than a slim living (unless I marry a rich husband, of course, perhaps a doctor... ) Good luck in micro! I'll be sure to e-mail you if I take that class!

((((Hypercaz))))!!! You're not unwelcome! It's great to see you again! And don't worry. You'll know when THE eps are on by the excited squee-ing and screaming echoing from this thread.

Seti

Comment

Everybody, Stargate has been nominated for a People's Choice Award. you are permitted to vote once a day for the People's Choice Awards, so, feel free to vote for Stargate Atlantis again and again. You can vote here:

http://www.pcavote.com/pca/index.jsp
                      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Good luck in micro! I'll be sure to e-mail you if I take that class!

Seti
                        Thanks! And I've always knew that US is the land of opportunity...for an ethologyst.
                        'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
                        One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

Hey everyone! *huge hugs for everyone*

It's dark and gloomy here today and I'm in the mood for some Paul pic spam. So, I was hoping everyone wouldn't mind if I indulged myself a little with a few pics ... *bright smile*

Dimple! *swoons*

Doesn't he look like he needs a hug? Who's in for a big group hug with him in the middle?

Spoiler:

Smile!!

Cheers!

"Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post

You're welcome is never worn out when you bring pics like that!!! Good to see ya back Caz!
                            Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Hi guys

I was at a convention this weekend and thought I'd share one of the pics we made Ok, it's not Paul, but what the heck

Chuck is such a nice guy! We had so much fun!!!

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                              Visit me at my LJ

Comment

... great pic phibi!! looks like a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X