Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
    Did I not mention something about 'bluest eyes'?
    http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p.../Beckett01.jpg
    Spoiler:

(Sorry, the last two are pics from Conventions but they are not mine; no infringement intended, just staring looking at them.)

Mmmmm. Eyes.

BTW, this is my first post with my new sig banner, so I should thank idlewild for designing it! Isn't it pretty?

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
      Yes
      Lol, sorry, guys. I guess I missed it. This is what happens if you hurry and read the e-mail just efore you run to catch the bus.

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
      Mmmmm. Eyes.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../mcgillion.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ensivePaul.jpg

BTW, this is my first post with my new sig banner, so I should thank idlewild for designing it! Isn't it pretty?
      Nice pics. And the sig is really lovely.

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Thank you for the great pics, TJinLOCA and Oda! I so love the one from FedCon. The man was uber-cute there!

And you have a fine new sig, TJ. Idlewild did a fantastic job with it!

Now a few more thunkworthy pics...

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, lots of posts since I was last here. I love all the con pics and stories! Thanks for posting them, Prion! Man, I hope I get the chance to meet Paul someday. He sounds like such a nice guy.

Welcome back, Allestian! How's it going? Good luck with your tests and application to a university! As an almost graduating college student, I can say you still find time to worship at the altar of Beckett-ness, just less often during the semester than during the breaks.

Welcome back, phynyxoffyre, too! Are you feeling better now? All well in your world?

Congrats on passing your test, Idlewild! Way to go! Is pony clubbing an equestrian thing? If so, even cooler!

I very much enjoyed 'Firefly' and liked the character of Kaylee but even I don't think it works that way. Not Kaylee joined the group but Keller, and TPTB clearly messed with her introduction on the show. It really feels like Keller not only assumed Carson's position jobwise but also his position among his closest friends, and that buggs me more than I can tell.
          I think that gets to the heart of why her joining the cast was so jarring and doesn't sit right yet. We didn't get to see the period of integration as she really became part of the team. I want to get to know my new people, see their human moments and difficulties acknowledged. I wanted to see her get to know everyone on the team, not just skip in media res. Oh well. I guess that's what fic is for.

That sounds fine, Seti! I hope everything works out as you planned. You've worked so hard for that exam, you deserve it.
          I'm glad you did ok, SETI. And I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to be selected in that program.
          Thank you! I feel pretty good about it. And I'm psyched because I just discovered that my university I applied to has an Animal Personality Institute where they do research on studying what aspects of personality animals and humans have in common, especially dogs. How fun would that be to work on?! (For me, tons!) So I'll be making a bid to get accepted into that lab and hopefully get to do some research there.

Sorry your boxer costume wasn't a bigger hit, Twinny. Sounds like your make-up job last time was great, though!

Had my fingers crossed for you, Oda! How did the test go this time?

I agree with everyone who said that it's the novelty of the Scottish accent to an American that helps it stand out (other than the fact that he has a very sweet, sexy voice in both accents). Of course, to me, any accent from the UK and Australia and New Zealand is extremely sexy, but that's just one of my things. (And since SGA, Czech is up there too. Thanks, David Nykl!) I'm around American accents every day, so they're nothing special really. (Same with Southern accents too, as I know lots of people who drawl and twang, including myself more and more frequently.) But those other accents give the words a new flavor and interesting sound. It's fun to listen to. So I can see his American accent being the same way to someone from Scotland.

Seti

Comment

Hi folkses!!! I'm still alive lol

Been super busy with school and my horse and just life in general. That and I've somehow messed up my lower back, it hurts to sit for long periods of time and the computer chair especially plays havoc. (hehe... right now I'm laying on my back on the floor with my sister's laptop... I need to get me one of these).

Man... I need to stop looking at con pics, makes me want to go even more. I love that pic Watcher! That is so awesome of him to let you take a picture!

And of course... awesome pictures everyone!!! *thunk*

TJinLOCA Yay for awesome siggys! Haha, I got all happy coming in here and seeing that

Well, tis late, I'm off to bed, maybe I'll find time to come splash some more in the gutter tomorrow!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post

Isn't it pretty?
              First I really thought this is one of my photos of Paul at FedCon.... But then I realized I have the copyright logo on my photos on the net... So this is a really awesome photo!!!

Comment

Thanks for the lovely pictures... Made my day (which sucked by the way, sometimes I hate real life) much better;-)
                sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
                Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Oh my goodness the pictures .... *swoons, faints and swoons again*... They're definitely just what I needed to feel better and warmer. It's snowed here, I can't believe we've already got our first dusting of snow! There are still leaves on the trees, for goodness sakes! Oh well, any excuse to cuddle up inside with some lovely pictures of Paul will definitely work for me *grins*

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                  "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                    Wow, lots of posts since I was last here. I love all the con pics and stories! Thanks for posting them, Prion! Man, I hope I get the chance to meet Paul someday. He sounds like such a nice guy.
                    I gotta admit that it was people telling me how great Paul was that made me want to meet him and I was not at all disappointed. I told a friend of mine in california that I met him and she's like "I HATE YOU!" because she adores him and has yet to get the chance to meet him as he hasn't done any cons in her area, but she's thinking about seeing his play if she can.

Comment

Just got some tome to watch ADB. Gosh, it's so cool I love Paul in it!!

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                        Had my fingers crossed for you, Oda! How did the test go this time?

Seti
                        I guess you missed my post earlier, but I don't mimd telling it: I passed. And thanks for keeping your fingers crossed, it helped a lot!

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                        Hi folkses!!! I'm still alive lol

Been super busy with school and my horse and just life in general. That and I've somehow messed up my lower back, it hurts to sit for long periods of time and the computer chair especially plays havoc. (hehe... right now I'm laying on my back on the floor with my sister's laptop... I need to get me one of these).
                        Hey Idlewild! *waves*
                        You hurt your back? Gosh, everyone seems hurt or injured in this thread or in a bad mood.
                        Well, I hope you lot feel better soon. You're certanly in a right thread.
                        Our cute doctor will help you all recover faster.

Spoiler:

Better now?
                        "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

This place needs a little more dirt.

Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

^ That never gets old from you

sigpic
                            www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                            Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                              Oh my goodness the pictures .... *swoons, faints and swoons again*... They're definitely just what I needed to feel better and warmer. It's snowed here, I can't believe we've already got our first dusting of snow! There are still leaves on the trees, for goodness sakes! Oh well, any excuse to cuddle up inside with some lovely pictures of Paul will definitely work for me *grins*
                              Yay!! I LOVE snow It snowed here a couple weeks ago, just a light dusting, but enough to turn the mountain tops white. Very lovely are the colorado mountains are in the winter!

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                              Hey Idlewild! *waves*
                              You hurt your back? Gosh, everyone seems hurt or injured in this thread or in a bad mood.
                              Well, I hope you lot feel better soon. You're certanly in a right thread.
                              Our cute doctor will help you all recover faster.

Spoiler:

Better now?
                              Oh yes, muy better!!

I honestly don't know how I hurt it... just all of a sudden it became really stiff and started to hurt when I sat for to long. *shrugs* Who knows, but at least it's feeling better now! I'm avoiding sitting for to long, and that's helping much!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                                Yay!! I LOVE snow It snowed here a couple weeks ago, just a light dusting, but enough to turn the mountain tops white. Very lovely are the colorado mountains are in the winter!
                                I HATE snow, although you're right and the snowy mountains are beautiful... But in the city, it's terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X