No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prion that was fantastic - thank you so much!

Isn't he adorable!

Comment

Love your pics, thank you for sharing them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        I typed up my notes, loaded up some photos, of Paul McGillion's apperance at his first east coast Stargate Atlantis convention, at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/132233.html

Enjoy!
        OMG!! Thanks so much for these pics! He's so adorable.
        Let me just say, that those pics are NOT helping me concentrate on studying.
        The dimples and the smile and his arms ...
        *thunk*
        *gets up*
        *takes a cold shower*
        "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

.:Wow...Paul's lost weight. He's much more muscular and flat in front, and his arms seem trimmer. His jeans also seem baggier.

.:I'm going to start sending that man some food!

Comment

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
            Prion that was fantastic - thank you so much!

Isn't he adorable!
            Gotta admit I didn't realize how adorable till I actually saw him in person Glad you enjoyed the account and the pictures. I'm sure there are better ones out there which hopefully someone will post soon.

Comment

Over in the thread for the Secaucus convention, they're starting to post photos and reports of the convention.

Here's one with a pic of Paul with his tongue between his teeth.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

As usual, I asked Paul if I could get a picture for his Gateworld fans. And, as usual, Paul cheerfully said yes. Hmm, I think this photo will fit ok without spoiler tagging.

I heard Paul made an early appearance at the con, introducing Alexis Cruz at the Friday night caberet and hanging out at the bar after. It's too bad I was so exhausted from work that I missed out on the Friday events.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                  As usual, I asked Paul if I could get a picture for his Gateworld fans. And, as usual, Paul cheerfully said yes. Hmm, I think this photo will fit ok without spoiler tagging.

I heard Paul made an early appearance at the con, introducing Alexis Cruz at the Friday night caberet and hanging out at the bar after. It's too bad I was so exhausted from work that I missed out on the Friday events.

Nice photo! I'm surprised the con folk let you take it as last year they didn't let anybody do that, but then if Paul says yes, what are they gonna say?

Yup, friends who were there early said he introduced Alexis and spent a bit of time in the bar and imbibed quite a bit

Comment

Nice photo! I'm surprised the con folk let you take it as last year they didn't let anybody do that, but then if Paul says yes, what are they gonna say?

Yup, friends who were there early said he introduced Alexis and spent a bit of time in the bar and imbibed quite a bit
                    Damn, I knew I should have gone Friday night. But I would have been dangerous on the road as tired as I was.

I waited until the end of the autographs to take the photo so I didn't hold up the autographs or start a stampede of requests to get a photo of him. Paul knows I always try to get a photo for his thunkers and he's always very sweet about it. And the convention staff was very accomodating. It was a pretty mellow vibe all weekend.

I had to get at least one decent photo! I was in the very last row so I could stand up to take photos and not block anyones views. So most of my photos are pretty bad.

I was sad to find that my new expensive digital SLR isn't as good as my cheaper point and shoot! I should have guessed it was going to be the case because the DSLR has a slower lens. The photos are really dark. If I have to buy a DSLR lens to match my point and shoot, that would cost about the same as another DSLR!

My kind of guy:

Comment

I typed up my notes, loaded up some photos, of Paul McGillion's apperance at his first east coast Stargate Atlantis convention, at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/132233.html

Enjoy!
                      Thank you very much for the report and the photos, prion! That was great and you have some fantastic pics! *envies*
                      Originally posted by watcher652 View Post

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../DSCF5072x.jpg

Also thank you very much for thinking of us poor thunkers and bringing this sweet pic, watcher! (See, my smilie's already green )
                      Too bad your camara didn't take as lovely pics as you wanted.
                      twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
                        Great pictures! *THUD* Wooo...now I remember why I reside in his shower...I can cool off after seeing great pictures like those!
                        Good idea, leighanners ... I think I need a cold shower too after so many fantastic photos.

Thanks, Watcher and prion for the NJ photos & con report! Wish I could have been there. *sigh*

Comment

The fabulous pics blew me away so much that I totally forgot to post my own pic spam... tsk tsk.

Today's choice is six times labcoat Beckett love from 'Echoes' and 'Tao'

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm going to get off topicish for a moment and ask for somebody here to please explain something.

What the heck is so great about Paul's (Bekcett?) Scottish accent?

Before I say anything else I'm going to point out that I am Scottish and have heard the accent every day of my life and I genuinely don't get it and I think his own accent is much sexier. I mean I love Paul McGillion and Beckett but I have to say Beckett's accent is not what I find compelling about either Paul or Beckett. (For a start the accent was ropey in Season 1 - got very good by the end of season 3 though). So please help a poor confused Scot and explain what I've very obviously missed the rest of my life????

Comment

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
                              I'm going to get off topicish for a moment and ask for somebody here to please explain something.

What the heck is so great about Paul's (Bekcett?) Scottish accent?

Before I say anything else I'm going to point out that I am Scottish and have heard the accent every day of my life and I genuinely don't get it and I think his own accent is much sexier. I mean I love Paul McGillion and Beckett but I have to say Beckett's accent is not what I find compelling about either Paul or Beckett. (For a start the accent was ropey in Season 1 - got very good by the end of season 3 though). So please help a poor confused Scot and explain what I've very obviously missed the rest of my life????
                              Sorry to hear you are so confused about our loving the accent, Arica.

I think it is very hard to explain and is clearly not easy for someone who hears that accent every day of his life. In my opinion getting what other people see in something that isn't something special for oneself is simply a hard concept. I can imagine that it is kind of like being asked whether one's mother tongue was difficult to learn. You just can't tell because you don't see it that way since it came naturally to you. So growing up and hearing that accent all the time probably leads to not so much appreciating it.

But I don't think that the real point (at least for me) was the Scottish accent in general. I know of a few other people with thick Scottish accents and I didn't think of them as overly sexy. Take for example Gerard Butler, he's really nice on the eye and I like quite some of his movies but when he's pulling a heavy Scottish accent, I truly get lost, for half of the time I'm lacking behind understanding what he says and the rest of the time I have to rewind the scene to get that part at all.

In my humble opinion I perceive Carson's accent as sexy comes more from the fact that he usually spoke in an accent that was not too hard to understand but sounded good enough for me to believe he was Scottish. Plus, he has the voice to deliver the lines and make them sound good, maybe a bit like Sean Connery has the voice to do so.

Furthermore, it was a very nice change from all the usual American and Canadian accents one most often comes across. This gave the expedition really the quality of seeming to be an international thing rather than just US American and Canadian. Sometimes I'm so fed up with the typical accents because there hardly is any variation, which makes me even more appreciative for anything else.

And I completely agree with you about his real-life accent being very sweet as well! His voice is very sexy in general.

Of course that's just my meagre two cents, probably there are other opinions too.
                              sigpic

Comment

I agree with TCB mostly. I think part of the allure for me is how different his Scottish accent sounds to my ears. For someone like me who doesn't personally know ANYBODY who is actually Scottish, it's very novel and foreign... and sexy as all heck. Any guy with a rich, baritone voice and a scottish accent will sound lovely to me. I like his normal accent too, but the scottish one is very nice.
                                Last edited by Jersey13; 06 November 2007, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X