Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    I didn't like Travelers that much. I missed Sam and Keller... Okay, it was a Shep-centered episode, but... Doppelganger was much-much better, in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
      *offers gigantic hug from CarsonClone and me*

And you have every right to be frustrating and even cry over it. First, getting it out really helps, and second, Carson is just a TV character but we're rallying like mad for over a year now. Nothing is only something as long as you care enough about it, idlewild! And how dull would our world be without people being passionate about their interests?

Have the most lovely smile to make you feel better.
      http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...ingCarson3.jpg
      Thanks Twinny, I agree, if you feel passionatly about something, then there is nothing wrong with showing your team colors. I just feel silly for crying over a game... I've never done that before.

And... that is my absolute favorite Smiling!Carson picture!!

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
      Sorry, idlewild! Here's a smile for you ...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...PMProfile8.jpg

Spoiler:
      Your boys played really well tonight, though - they had me totally scared in the 7th inning!!

I cried my eyes out when the Sox lost the series in '86. Oh God! That was a heartbreaker.
      Thanks *hugs*
      Spoiler:
      Yup, it did look like they were finally going to get a chance at winning, that Holliday home run was awesome, to bad the bases weren't loaded

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
      Oh, you poor girl. *big hug*
      I know how you feel. It's not just a game. It's everything. OK, mybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but you know what I mean. It' will be better, I promise. Untill then, here are some Carson pics to make you feel better:
      Spoiler:

Haha, it does seem like everything. It's almost like the whole state of Colorado wants, almost needs a win like this. All the other sports leagues in the state just seem to suck right now... denver*cough*broncos*cough*

Mmmmm... yup, Carson spam is the cure of all ailments

Oh, and I'm glad to hear your eyes are getting better!!

Thanks guys! Ya'll are the bestest, I feel muy mucho better now!!
      And on the bright side... last night I came up with a genius idea for a SG1 fic

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
        Thanks Twinny, I agree, if you feel passionatly about something, then there is nothing wrong with showing your team colors. I just feel silly for crying over a game... I've never done that before.

And... that is my absolute favorite Smiling!Carson picture!!
        It's my fave, too!! I think I could ship Carson and the ancient in the hologram. (It's scifi so anything's possible.) Carson just looked so pleased with finding her message. It was nice to see Carson excited about being on Atlantis.

Our household finally got to celebrate a World Series title last year when the Cardinals won. From when I met my husband he seemed to go every year thinking it would be the one where his team won. Of course, after many disappointments he became a little less optimistic, but he never gave up supporting them. I so know how you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
          Haha, it does seem like everything. It's almost like the whole state of Colorado wants, almost needs a win like this. All the other sports leagues in the state just seem to suck right now... denver*cough*broncos*cough*
          As a good and loyal Sox fan I shouldn't say this, but

Spoiler:
          ... they were in the same position as the Rockies in the '04 series and they went on to take the series with 4 straight wins.

AND they managed to lose the Series in '86 when they were ONE STUPID OUT away from taking it, when a pathetic dribbling ball rolled between Bill Buckner's legs at 1st base. And the Mets won that game, and the next two, to beat us. ARGGHH!!! I cried for two days.

More smiles!

Spoiler:

Comment

More smiles!

[/spoiler]
            I always sad when I see a cap from Sunday, because I know that that's when he died. The smile is cute though.
            'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
            One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen Undomiel View Post
              I always sad when I see a cap from Sunday, because I know that that's when he died. The smile is cute though.
              I know ... he was at his absolute cutest in that episode, which made the ending even worse!

But I loved that "space trout" sequence. I even animated it ...

^ Best smiley ever!

Comment

I don't know, I have to say Sunday is in the top of my favorite episodes. Not because of what happens, but because it shows Carson in a different way. I don't mind the usual "doctor-way", but it was nice to see him outside his doctor role at least for a while. I guess when you're a doctor, the role never stops.

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

As a good and loyal Sox fan I shouldn't say this, but

Spoiler:
                  ... they were in the same position as the Rockies in the '04 series and they went on to take the series with 4 straight wins.

AND they managed to lose the Series in '86 when they were ONE STUPID OUT away from taking it, when a pathetic dribbling ball rolled between Bill Buckner's legs at 1st base. And the Mets won that game, and the next two, to beat us. ARGGHH!!! I cried for two days.
                  Spoiler:
                  I haven't given up hope yet! I think now that we've figured out we can actually hit against you guys we might have a chance to win tonight.

Though... if we do win, that means we are up against Beckett in game 5... that may prove to be our downfall, he is just incredible.

Man, gotta say, the '04 series was amazing! The next summer we ended up going to Boston for a vacation, beautiful city, it was so neat being there the year after they won the Series--we drove by Fenway park on the highway lol, that was cool. So ever since I've been a Red Sox supporter... and honestly, if it where any other NL team in the WS I'd be rooting for them. But, as fate would have it, the Rockies made it, so I gotta support the home boys ya know

Yay for smiles!!!
                  Last edited by idlewild202; 28 October 2007, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I couldn't watch the episode more than once.......

Comment

I don't know, I have to say Sunday is in the top of my favorite episodes. Not because of what happens, but because it shows Carson in a different way. I don't mind the usual "doctor-way", but it was nice to see him outside his doctor role at least for a while. I guess when you're a doctor, the role never stops.
                      http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...n/C_Hive20.jpg
                      I'm not saying that I don't like that episode, it was really great to see the characters outside of their roles, especially Carson. But how cruel is that from TPTB, that when you see the character in it's spring, they kill him in the last minute. Sadly I was aware of the death of Carson before seeing the ep, but I was hoping near the end, that they don't kill him. And it was such a bad death. I know it was unusual so that's why it's should have thrilled the fans, but I think just the opposite happened, that what in TPTB hoped for about the death.

Comment

I'm not saying that I don't like that episode, it was really great to see the characters outside of their roles, especially Carson. But how cruel is that from TPTB, that when you see the character in it's spring, they kill him in the last minute. Sadly I was aware of the death of Carson before seeing the ep, but I was hoping near the end, that they don't kill him. And it was such a bad death. I know it was unusual so that's why it's should have thrilled the fans, but I think just the opposite happened, that what in TPTB hoped for about the death.
                        I know what you mean. Atlantis is so more darker than SG-1. I always have the feeling that they feel obliged to kill off characters, to keep the drama and tension. Personally I don't like that. And I'm sure there are few of us that do.
                        And Carson's death.....well I just don't like it...or didn't....
                        They better make it up to me (and to all Carson fans) in the Kindred episode, or I'll be really really really *a nasty word* off.

God, I love this cap
                        "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

I know what you mean. Atlantis is so more darker than SG-1. I always have the feeling that they feel obliged to kill off characters, to keep the drama and tension. Personally I don't like that. And I'm sure there are few of us that do.
                          And Carson's death.....well I just don't like it...or didn't....
                          They better make it up to me (and to all Carson fans) in the Kindred episode, or I'll be really really really *a nasty word* off.
                          Well, Atlantis actually got better when they started to darker it, and I don't mind it, even like Atlantis more than in the first and second season. But being darker doesn't mean that you have to kill a so much beloved character like Carson. They could start killing Teyla or Ronon first, for example. (Oh how much I hate them...)

Comment

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            I didn't like Travelers that much. I missed Sam and Keller... Okay, it was a Shep-centered episode, but... Doppelganger was much-much better, in my opinion!
                            Spoiler:
                            I didn't miss Sam and Keller... although it was weird to see Rodney in charge of the rescue mission. Frankly, that was a decision Carter should have made... It wasn't his place.
                            But the scenes with Shep were great I really liked that ep And if I have to choose, I like it a tad better than Doppelganger.

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                            Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              I didn't miss Sam and Keller... although it was weird to see Rodney in charge of the rescue mission. Frankly, that was a decision Carter should have made... It wasn't his place.
                              But the scenes with Shep were great I really liked that ep And if I have to choose, I like it a tad better than Doppelganger.
                              Spoiler:

I think this season blows. The acting has tanked (for everyone), I mean really really tanked. The guest casting is terrible, the stories haven't done it for me and I dont feel there is any chemistry now between the characters/actors, and the new leather looks cheap and tacky. And the hair, oh lord, the hair dept needs to be shot. The coloring, bad highlights, styling and wigs are all atrocious. We are now 1/4 into the season and I don't see a distinguished story arc yet. The only elements that I feel are being done well are the visual sfx and the musical score.

But I'm not a sci fi fan, I only watched cause I saw this:

And had to see more of that actor Paul McGillion I'm trying to give this season a shot, but the new changes- all of them- are not to my liking.

sigpic
                              www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                              Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

What you say? Second page?

Have a little bumping spam
                                Spoiler:

All curtosey of "The Siege"

Comment

Working...
                                X