Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick multi-quote post :

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
    Well, no tickets for me. They sold out in 3 hours. I was on a good hour before it started. For a long time I was on the waiting page hoping to get in, but then it decided it wasn't going to work period, so no luck. Oh well, next time the Rockies make the playoffs I'll go
    Idlewild I'm so sorry about the tickets, I know what a huge fan you are. You so deserve to go there. Maybe some other way perhaps? *big hug*

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
    Spoiler:

Here in Germany we have grades from 1 to 6 in school. 1 means perfect, 2 is fine, 3 okay, to pass the course you need at least a 4, with a 5 you didn't learn enough to pass this level and 6 basically means you didn't do/understand anything.

Most teachers add a tendency to the actual grade, telling you whether you just missed the next better or worse grade by adding plus or minus signs. Therefore a 2+ is excellent while a 2- means you hardly got the mark for a 2.
    Lol, our grades are just the other way round. You get a 5 if your test is excellent and a 1 if you faily miserably. Although oin collegue you get the grades from 1-10, from 6-10 is positive , from 1-5 is negative.

Good to know your surgery went okay though I'm very sorry that it wasn't as painless as you hoped. Now we sincerely hope your eyes get better soon and you can stare at all the wonderful pics again for hours on end!
    Thank you, it's all right. I still can't see all the wonderful thunks as I would on a normal day, but my eye sight is better now.

Now we come to the best part...
    Spoiler:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/McGillion/Beckett13.jpg[/IMG]

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/Beckett/Season1/10%20Storm/Storm2.jpg[/IMG]

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/Beckett/Season1/11%20Eye/Eye3.jpg[/IMG]

]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/Beckett/Season1/11%20Eye/Eye5.jpg[/IMG]

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/Beckett/Season1/11%20Eye/Eye9.jpg[/IMG]

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/Beckett/Season1/11%20Eye/Eye1.jpg[/IMG]
    [/FONT]
    Ahh, I missed those... Thanks Twinny.

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
    Hey guys, did you hear that Sci-fi renewed SGA for the 5th season???
    Let's hope Paul can return in full time as Carson!!!!
    Variety article about it is here!
    5 season!?! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE That's the best news I've heard all week!!! *runs round like mad*

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
    Yay new season 5!!! That's wonderful news! And from the way David Hewlett talks about Beckett's return in season 4, I can't see a way they won't give him another (at least brief) appearance in season 5. *squee* Ah, with my luck for TV in recent years, I was so expecting a cancellation. This is a great way to start the day!

(((((((Oda)))))))!!!! I was cringing just reading about your eye surgery. Yikes! I hope you continue to heal well and quickly! Feel better!

Best wishes to everyone! I hope you have a great day!

Seti
    Thanks SETI. *hug*

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
    Oh my GOD! I'd probably have screamed ... I'm terrible with surgical pain! Big hugs for you, Oda!! And a nice caring doctor to take all the pain away ...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/VictoriaMars/Hive2a.jpg[/img]
    It wasn't so bad as it sounds. I didn't feel everything, just something. I'm much better now.

I'm calling it a night now, folks! http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb58/TCBTwinchy/smilies/goingtobed.gif[/IMG]

Keep up the quility thunking, I'm always the happy consumer for new pics.

Oda, get better soon! Since I haven't seen you on the board today, I assume your eyes are still giving you a hard time. I'll send my CarsonClone over to make you feel better. I swear he's a natural for all kinds of massages (and anything else ).

Spoiler:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/Beckett/Season1/07%20PoisoningWell/PoisoningtheWell35.jpg[/IMG]

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/Beckett/Season1/07%20PoisoningWell/PoisoningtheWell34.jpg[/IMG]
    MY eyes are still itchy from time to time and my vision is a bit blurry. Thanks for the Carson clone, he made me feel loads better.
    Hm...who did I lend my Nick to? Was it leighanners (I hope I spelled that right )

Originally posted by Arwen Undomiel View Post
    Hi everyone! Thought I join you, I hope you don't mind. Just Carson is my favourite character(well, the other is Daniel, as you see in my profile), and I asume this thread is about him.
    Welcome welcome to Carson thunk thread!! Enjoy your stay.

Ok, this is everything for now. I had to type this really really fast, since my eyes still aren't ok, so I'm so sorry, if I missed anyone and sorry I can't post a thunk or two (and for all the words that are missplelled or miss quoted- I didn't have time to double check things.)

I hope I'll be back full time soon! *big grouphug*

Bye till next time.
    "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Hey ladies and gents...I just thought I'd pop in real quick to say hi. I've got a busy day. CHRISTMAS SHOPPING! And looking for a hot tub to be a nice accessory to my new house! YAY! Anyways. Hope everyone has a lovely day. Hello to the new person! Glad to see a new name around. And hope those who aren't feeling so well feel better soon! I have the sniffles myself, although I think it's allergies. Super excited about S5 and the open door on Carson!!! Hope it all works out in our favor! WOOHOO! See you lovely thunkers later!
      Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Glad to hear your eyes are a bit better, Oda. Make sure you get your rest and don't push them too hard.

Welcome to the thread, Arwen Undomiel! You're certainly welcome and in the right place! Come on in and join the fun!

OMG, the ADB pics! I still haven't gotten to see the movie yet (put it on my X-mas list, so must wait and be a good little girl in the meantime). Paul's definitely got a great sense of humor and must be pretty easy-going and self-confident to do some of that. (The last pic comes to mind...) I remember hearing they watched the finished movie with all the SGA actors, crew, etc. What I wouldn't give to have been a fly on the wall at that viewing! Thanks for posting those, Twinny!

Can't remember if someone explained the US college grading system or not. If not, basically you have tests throughout the semester (and papers, quizzes, assignments, whatever) that can be graded 0 to 100 for percent that you got right. Those then make up your total score for the class, which is 0 to 100 again. That score is then translated into an A, B, C, D, or F. A through C is passing, D and below, failing, usually. Usually it's 90 - 100 points for an A, 80 - 100 for B, etc. Some profs go easy on you and make it, for example, 85 - 100 for A, others harder with 93 - 100 for an A. Depends. Anyway, those letters are then worth credit hours earned. A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1 (I think), F = 0. As you take classes, they add up and average your credit hour score and that is where things like a 4.0 comes from. 4.0 means you've kept up straight A's for as long as you've been in college (a very impressive feat). I think a 2.5 is passing, and a 3.0 or above is good. I know some high schools keep track of it in terms of credit hours too, but mine just did letter grades and a basic number score averaged from your 0 - 100 score for each year. And that's probably way more explanation than anyone cared to know about.

Seti

Comment

Can't remember if someone explained the US college grading system or not. If not, basically you have tests throughout the semester (and papers, quizzes, assignments, whatever) that can be graded 0 to 100 for percent that you got right. Those then make up your total score for the class, which is 0 to 100 again. That score is then translated into an A, B, C, D, or F. A through C is passing, D and below, failing, usually. Usually it's 90 - 100 points for an A, 80 - 100 for B, etc. Some profs go easy on you and make it, for example, 85 - 100 for A, others harder with 93 - 100 for an A. Depends. Anyway, those letters are then worth credit hours earned. A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1 (I think), F = 0. As you take classes, they add up and average your credit hour score and that is where things like a 4.0 comes from. 4.0 means you've kept up straight A's for as long as you've been in college (a very impressive feat). I think a 2.5 is passing, and a 3.0 or above is good. I know some high schools keep track of it in terms of credit hours too, but mine just did letter grades and a basic number score averaged from your 0 - 100 score for each year. And that's probably way more explanation than anyone cared to know about.
          And you can be super awesome like me, and go to a college/university where D's still count as passing and all you need is a 2.0 to graduate. Thank you TAMU system!
          Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
            A quick multi-quote post :
            Welcome welcome to Carson thunk thread!! Enjoy your stay.

I hope I'll be back full time soon! *big grouphug*

Bye till next time.
            Thanks and be well soon!

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
            Hello to the new person! Glad to see a new name around.
            Welcome to the thread, Arwen Undomiel! You're certainly welcome and in the right place! Come on in and join the fun!

Seti
            Thanks for the warm welcoming!
            'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
            One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
              I still use "word" on a daily basis, and as many will attest (and some here who have met me), I am NOT outdated

WORD!!! *lol*

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
              Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
                WORD!!! *lol*
                I rest my case!!! LOL

sigpic
                www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

I rest my case!!! LOL

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                  Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Ok, I'm new to the thread. What's so funny about word?

Comment

Sorry to hear about the poor tickett management, idlewild!
                      Don't worry about the rant, we all understand how upset you are and it's actually helping to vent a bit.

Especially when you get presented with lots of Carson pics as consolement...
                      Spoiler:

<snip>

from the gutter!
                      Thanks Twinny! That makes me feel much better!

I'd be mad too idlewild! Here...this Paulgarita's for you!

Oh yum!!! Thank you Now I feel really good.

Idlewild I'm so sorry about the tickets, I know what a huge fan you are. You so deserve to go there. Maybe some other way perhaps? *big hug*
                      Yes, definetly!! And... next season I'll be living up by Denver, so I'll get to go to a bunch of games! YAY!!

Now, the only thing that would make my day that much better is for the Rockies to win tonight... they got spanked last night, now it's time for them to do the spanking!

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
                      Hey guys, did you hear that Sci-fi renewed SGA for the 5th season???
                      Let's hope Paul can return in full time as Carson!!!!
                      Variety article about it is here!
                      SQUEEEEEEE!!! YAY FOR S5!!!1!!
                      That just made my day!

Hi everyone! Thought I join you, I hope you don't mind. Just Carson is my favourite character(well, the other is Daniel, as you see in my profile), and I asume this thread is about him.
                      Welcome to the thread!! The more the merrier

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Ok, I'm new to the thread. What's so funny about word?
                        Nothing really, its just used by a few of us.

And welcome to the thread

sigpic
                        www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                        Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Nothing really, its just used by a few of us.

And welcome to the thread
                          Thanks. But still don't understand it. It's just a grammer definition. Ok, I'm not native and never lived in english speaking area, so I don't know the usual words that people use there. (See..I used the word word. Hmm, it's a little funny. )

Ok, maybe I'm a little tired fot thinking, it's too late here. Good night!

Comment

Hi everyone! Thought I join you, I hope you don't mind.
                            A very warm to the Beckett thunk thread, Arwen Undomiel!
                            As you will soon learn, we are a very nice bunch and are happy for everybody who wants to join the frenzy.

The mods keep mergering Pro Beckett S5 thread with anti-Carter, Keller thread in the Season 4 folder, for those of you who are looking and wondering what is going on.
                            I've already noticed. What a poor idea! Don't worry, I've already posted and PM'd Skydiver about it. (Unfortunately it's much later now and since they haven't changed it yet, I'm afraid it doesn't look very good in that respect.)
                            MY eyes are still itchy from time to time and my vision is a bit blurry. Thanks for the Carson clone, he made me feel loads better.
                            Hm...who did I lend my Nick to? Was it leighanners (I hope I spelled that right )
                            Good to see you back for a quick reply, Oda! I hope your eyes are improving very fast and you can spend some quality time thunking to make up for the inconvenience.
                            OMG, the ADB pics! I still haven't gotten to see the movie yet (put it on my X-mas list, so must wait and be a good little girl in the meantime).

Can't remember if someone explained the US college grading system or not. If not,
                            Spoiler:
                            basically you have tests throughout the semester (and papers, quizzes, assignments, whatever) that can be graded 0 to 100 for percent that you got right. Those then make up your total score for the class, which is 0 to 100 again. That score is then translated into an A, B, C, D, or F. A through C is passing, D and below, failing, usually. Usually it's 90 - 100 points for an A, 80 - 100 for B, etc. Some profs go easy on you and make it, for example, 85 - 100 for A, others harder with 93 - 100 for an A. Depends. Anyway, those letters are then worth credit hours earned. A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1 (I think), F = 0. As you take classes, they add up and average your credit hour score and that is where things like a 4.0 comes from. 4.0 means you've kept up straight A's for as long as you've been in college (a very impressive feat). I think a 2.5 is passing, and a 3.0 or above is good. I know some high schools keep track of it in terms of credit hours too, but mine just did letter grades and a basic number score averaged from your 0 - 100 score for each year. And that's probably way more explanation than anyone cared to know about.
                            Then be a good girl, Seti and behave! Or else the helper to Santa Clause (Knecht Ruprecht) will come and hit you instead of letting his boss give you pressies...

Thanks for explaining the US college system for grades, Seti.

And you can be super awesome like me, and go to a college/university where D's still count as passing and all you need is a 2.0 to graduate. Thank you TAMU system!
                            lol though I didn't know that colleges/universities could use different levels for passing.
                            twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                            sigpic

Comment

Please excuse my double post but I just can't do any longer without some

Beware of (by TPTB) highly underappreciated loveliness from 'Duet'
                              Spoiler:

And now we come to the dirt part...

And the JUUUUUUMMMMMPPPPP! (linguistically impossible to pronounce but who cares )

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                              sigpic

Comment

A very warm to the Beckett thunk thread, Arwen Undomiel!
                                As you will soon learn, we are a very nice bunch and are happy for everybody who wants to join the frenzy.

Thanks for the welcome! (I'm just Arwen...sadly that name was already in use, but..)

Comment

Working...
                                X