No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a pro Beckett thread for season five which doesn't have many posts as of yet.

Where is everyone?

Comment

*waves*

Loving all the pic spam everyone! It's so great to log on and have soooo many wonderful pics to enjoy.

I don't know what's going on with my photobucket, it's acting very strange. I can't get to my album and it's not showing any of my pics. So strange. Anyway, that means I can't post the big picture spam that I wanted to in honour of the renewal!! Which sucks, but oh well it's still awesome, awesome, awesome news! Wooo hooo!!

phibi, I totally agree with everything you said about ADB. I just recently saw it myself and have a enjoyable time watching it. I'm not sure I would've watched it without knowing the actors, but still it was worth watching. Especially to see Paul, and his legs

Welcome Pearl to the thread!

I know this post has been rather scattered (and I definitely hope I haven't missed anyone or anything). Whoops. I hope everyone is comfy, happy and safe tonight.

Cheers!
      Last edited by cshawzye; 24 October 2007, 03:33 PM.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
      "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
        phynyx!
        That is a very good way to celebrate. Twinchy and I just watched a few scenes from first season's 'The Storm'/'The Eye'. That was television!
        Thanks Twinny!

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
        Thanks... ugh, I wasn't the only one either....
        Spoiler:

There are ALOT of rockies fanned who are pissed off at the handling of ticket sales. This method selling tickets favored those in metro areas with lighting fast internet connections. Those of us out in the boonies (like me) have only half a hope to be able to get through, and dial-up? Forget it!

They should have done a lottery or pre-registration for the tickets. This was just stupid. And even if you did get through to select tickets it was almost certain you would get bumped off before you could complete the transaction.

There where MANY people who got on, got in, got good tickets, then where bumped before they could buy them. And where are they now? Ticketless. They could have gotten tickets, they could have been at the game, but NO, they got bumped because of poor planning and poor management.

And now I can guarantee that thousands of tickets are in the hands of scalpers who where able to beat out the real fans. And now they are going to sell for two, three, or even four times that of the face value. And there is NO WAY IN HELL I can afford that.......

I was talking to my dad, and he had tried to get on, so had my friends, and half a dozen other people I know. NOBODY got through. Even though we all have the fastest internet connections in the area they are still slow compared to the turbo charged denver metro business networks. And once you get bumped it was rather pointless to get back on because then you'd be at the END of the line... and line only God knows how long...

In a nutshell EVERYBODY AND ANYBODY could get on and try for these tickets. It was ridiculous! It was simply not fair to local fans, especially the ones who are dedicated fans who wouldn't miss attending a game for anything. And now those fans have to sit and watch on TV while others get to go to the game... people who only tried for tickets because "oh look, it's the world series, who cares who's playing, lets go."

The Boston Red Sox had a pre-registration for a WS ticket lottery even BEFORE they had won the ALCS. So that by the time they actually did WIN they could instantly run the lottery and hey presto, happy fans with tickets.

I guess I can blame inexpierence... the Rockies have never made the World Series much less the league championship before. But still, they could at least follow the example of older more expierenced clubs.

Urrrrgh, I am sooo.... just
        The management of this sale was just STUPID STUPID STUPID.

*sigh*

Sorry for the rant.... , I'm just really ticked off over how it was handled, the Rockies' president better watch out, I know how to write letters *evil laugh*
        Spoiler:
        I'm sorry you had such a rough time with tryig to get tickets and then wasn't able to them. It sounds like they definitely should have had a different system.

SGA got renewed for a Fifth Season! That's the best birthday gift a girl can ask for!

Well...until Beckett makes it back on the show. *turns powers of persuasion towards that goal*
        sigpic

Hurrah for a Fifth Season of Stargate: Atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
          Man, I wish I could stay longer, but my eyes are really sore. The surgery went ok, although the anestetic for my left eye didn't quite had the time to be effective as they already began the procedure, so I kinda felt the needle and the laser.
          Oh my GOD! I'd probably have screamed ... I'm terrible with surgical pain! Big hugs for you, Oda!! And a nice caring doctor to take all the pain away ...

Originally posted by phibi View Post
          Tanned!Paul.. oh my... and the faces... great.. I definetely had a blast, but was somewhat dissapointed that there were no bloopers on the DVD... Nevertheless, I liked the glimpse at Paul's appartement in Vancouver *lol*
          I also loved getting to see Paul's apartment, phibi! We're such hopeless fangirls.

Plus I spotted my rear end, and the back of my head (twice!), in the footage of the LA premiere. Made my day!

And a BIG yay for season 5!!
          As Twinny would say:

WORD!

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
            As Twinny would say:

WORD!

Thank you, TJ, if my green jello wasn't STILL out for today, I'd green you right again!

*hangs head* I know my vocabulary is a tad bit outdated sometimes. I think it's too obvious I've been to the US in the mid 90's...
            twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
            sigpic

Comment

Oh, my bad now! I just realized that I totally forgot to celebrate this fine piece of news accordingly with a MASSIVE multi-quote... ehm, pic spam!

Sit tight, I spill out a lot of goodies, so fasten your seatbelts and take a nose-dive into the eye and dimple goodness...!
              Spoiler:

And now the final strike!

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
              sigpic

Comment

I have finally watched A Dog's Breakfast today, cause lovely Jersey send me the DVD
                Ooooohhhh you lucky!!!! I want it, too!!! Jersey pleeeeease!!!! Can I pm you?

Comment

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
                  I have two extra copies still in their wrappers for anyone interested.
                  sigpic

Hurrah for a Fifth Season of Stargate: Atlantis!

Comment

I have finally watched A Dog's Breakfast today, cause lovely Jersey send me the DVD

Gah, what a film *rofl* Paul was great! Such a silly movie, but in my opinion only stargate fans and kate hewlett fans can really appreciate it. I think, I would never buy it, when I wouldn't know any of the actors...

But David Hewlett was sooooo David Hewlett aka McKay... Can he act any other way? *lol*

Tanned!Paul.. oh my... and the faces... great.. I definetely had a blast, but was somewhat dissapointed that there were no bloopers on the DVD... Nevertheless, I liked the glimpse at Paul's appartement in Vancouver *lol*

And a BIG yay for season 5!!
                    That's a fine move from Jersey!

And I'm glad you enjoyed the film, phibi. It obviously has it's moments, although I've also heard some critical voices about the movie. We'll see. I can't wait to watch it myself.

How about more pics, maybe from ADB...
                    Spoiler:

Just love his Judo-suit, the writing on it is hilarious!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phynyxoffyre View Post
                      Yeah I am!!!!!

Comment

I'm calling it a night now, folks!

Keep up the quility thunking, I'm always the happy consumer for new pics.

Oda, get better soon! Since I haven't seen you on the board today, I assume your eyes are still giving you a hard time. I'll send my CarsonClone over to make you feel better. I swear he's a natural for all kinds of massages (and anything else ).

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                          phibi, I totally agree with everything you said about ADB. I just recently saw it myself and have a enjoyable time watching it. I'm not sure I would've watched it without knowing the actors, but still it was worth watching. Especially to see Paul, and his legs

Cheers!
                          oh yes... his legs.... and his chest.... and his eyes.... and in some sporty clothing *rofl* especially the morning robe *giggles*

Paul is just such a good sport.... takes a lot to dress up like this. well, I couldn't have stop laughing at the shoot...

I also loved getting to see Paul's apartment, phibi! We're such hopeless fangirls.

Plus I spotted my rear end, and the back of my head (twice!), in the footage of the LA premiere. Made my day!
                          yeah, totally hopeless *lol* my eyes were glued to the screen and I was tempted to hit the pause button and go through frame by frame to have the time to see every last centimetre *lol* (I didn't do that though.. yet )

and woohoo for you being on the DVD!

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
                          Originally posted by phynyxoffyre
                          whoops and there you go!

Originally posted by twinchaosblade
                          And I'm glad you enjoyed the film, phibi. It obviously has it's moments, although I've also heard some critical voices about the movie. We'll see. I can't wait to watch it myself.
                          yeah, it was a treat but to be honest, only because of the actors and the connection to the stargate franchise. in itself the movie was far from the best I've ever seen but who cares... paul... partially naked *lol*

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                          Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Hi everyone! Thought I join you, I hope you don't mind. Just Carson is my favourite character(well, the other is Daniel, as you see in my profile), and I asume this thread is about him.
                            'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
                            One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

As Twinny would say:

WORD!

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post

*hangs head* I know my vocabulary is a tad bit outdated sometimes. I think it's too obvious I've been to the US in the mid 90's...
                              I still use "word" on a daily basis, and as many will attest (and some here who have met me), I am NOT outdated

sigpic
                              www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                              Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

The mods keep mergering Pro Beckett S5 thread with anti-Carter, Keller thread in the Season 4 folder, for those of you who are looking and wondering what is going on.

Dr. Carson Beckett was a regular cast member who many would like to be reinstated. This is not a Keller issue, but a Beckett issue!!! Joe Mallozzi has stated that his return will be "our Carson" and that the door to his return will be left open for more. With "The Kindred I & II" airing as eps. 18 & 19 and with The Last Man (finale) being confirmed as "dovetail" to the Kindred, it is entire plausible and possible for our Dr.'s return. His return and Keller's ousting are not one in the same.

I believe this warrants its own thread, esp. if Weir and Carter get their own.

sigpic
                                www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                                Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Working...
                                X