No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, no! Don't misunderstand me. I posted a link before and a few people misinterpreted it and made some offensive comments. I was just clarifying that this was an auction prize and not some spontaneous freaky deaky thing I came up with. I have a screwed up sense of humor. I didn't mean it to come across bossy. You guys should really check this out! It was really good stuff and by doing this stuff, Paul helped raise nearly $500 for the Diabetes Association!

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

Cool vid Veryangrystargatefan! I was wondering how long it would take for that kiss to come out on youtube , I had noticed that two others where already online.

Wasn't the end tally over $2000 at the auction?? Did it all go to charity or just part of it? I think that is a wonderful thing to do, giving auction money to a cause like that. Kudos to Paul for doing that.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Yeah, I heard that the auction at D*Con raised quite a bit of money, too. Luckily for Aaron Douglas, he raised a substantial bit more than $2000 at Shore leave for charity. I love fan-run conventions! That's definitely a truly awesome thing about living in Baltimore.

Comment

Hi thunkers!
          Rachel that video is awesome. I was just waiting to see the first kiss from that auction, since already someone posted the video of the part, where you won, but not the actual kiss.
          I envy you.

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Yes, all the money that was raised from the "make out with Paul" auction went to the American Diabetes Association! It was a personal win for me not only because I got to make out with Paul but because my grandfather is a type 2 diabetic. Also, I am very happy, jazzed, and inspired by all of the positive vibes that I am getting from this video post! I love it!!!!!

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

I believe the tally from the 4 autographed items auctioned was $2465. Most everyone on the Stargate track had autographed each item. Sometimes one or 2 people were missed, but that was due to the track volunteers missing the actor, not a refusal by the actor.

I bid on a couple of items myself. I knew I was going to be outbid, but I just wanted to participate. I did get close, though, and would have willingly paid the price.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

The amount raised from the auction at Paul McGillion's auction was a little over $2600. Several people donated money right after the last item was auctioned off.

Evidently, it went so well that they might donate next year's proceeds to the American Diabetes Association again.

Veryangrystargatefan, glad to see someone got video up from the auction. (I was kiss number three, the young woman in green.)

Everyone, I checked out YouTube last night and there are several more clips up now from both the panel and the auction, if you haven't checked it out recently, it's worth it!
                sigpic

Hurrah for a Fifth Season of Stargate: Atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by phynyxoffyre
                  The amount raised from the auction at Paul McGillion's auction was a little over $2600. Several people donated money right after the last item was auctioned off.
                  Ok, that's why I keep hearing different amounts. Thanks.

(I was kiss number three, the young woman in green.)
                  So you were the one who kept getting outbid and the nice lady donated her kiss to you? Congrats on getting the kiss! I bid against you a couple of times but then I lost track. I was the one who asked "who made the last bid?" because while I did want a kiss from Paul, I kinda wanted you to get one, too. I was the person who kept volunteering to give you money towards your bid. Hmm, I don't know if I could have held myself back from that gorgeous man, so I'm just a tiny bit glad I didn't have the chance to embarrass myself. 8-)

Everyone, I checked out YouTube last night and there are several more clips up now from both the panel and the auction, if you haven't checked it out recently, it's worth it!
                  Please post the links! Sometimes doing a search doesn't bring up the desired vids.

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

rescuing this from 2nd page

Can I have a clone plz as it's my 31st Birthday today plz

if possible with a bow
                    sigpic

Comment

Whats this doing on page 2??

Happy Birthday!!!

I got you this.

Spoiler:

Your new present might need some washing, but thats part of the fun.
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard little minx View Post
                        rescuing this from 2nd page

Can I have a clone plz as it's my 31st Birthday today plz

if possible with a bow
                        Happy birthday

I don't know about clones, I think you have to have 300 posts, to have one. Besides it's not my thing to tell, you have to talk to the masters of this thread.

They know who they are.

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

ooohhh those presents will do me fine esp the bum *thud*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                            Please post the links! Sometimes doing a search doesn't bring up the desired vids.
                            Here ya go Watcher, this is what I could find (aside from the vid Rachel already posted).
                            Paul Panel 2007 x1
                            Paul Panel 2007 x2
                            Paul Panel 2007 x3
                            Paul Panel 2007 x4
                            Auction 1
                            Auction 2
                            Paul McGillion at Dragon*Con
                            there is another one that I saw before of another kiss, now I can't find it. I think the link is already posted on this thread somewhere if I want to go hunt it down

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Vids!!! Squee! *bounds off to watch the various new vids from D*con and falls a little bit more in love with Paul* What a nice guy. Love it. Thank you so much to all who posted their vids! I really appreciate being able to see those panels.

Quoted from TwinChaosBlade:
                              Spoiler:
                              Although I admit that it could prove a very good story line, I'm not too happy with the sound of "Beckett becomes a product of his own genius" and that there is a good chance Michael is involved. I really like the character of Michael and I'd even say it would be appropriate for him to take Beckett but maybe kind of turning Carson into one of his creatures or a Wraith would certainly be dramatic but not exactly what I'd hoped for in regard of Beckett's return. And it clearly wouldn't make me like Michael more or further sympathize with him if he did that to Carson. Plus I don't think that bodes well for PM's chances of being reestablished as a main character for the hopefully upcoming season five. With this, I'd rather not hold my breath for anything beyond a recurring role at best.
                              Sorry, guys, as you can see I'm in a bit of pessimistic mood about what I've heard so far. The only consolement I have is the fact that Beckett is supposed to be heavily, heavily featured in that two-parter. We'll see if I'm also pleased with his return. And that also depends on if they really intend to bring Carson back in at least a regularly recurring spot.

Response:
                              Spoiler:
                              Honestly, for some reason, none of that's bothering me (although I would still prefer he be fully reinstated for season 5 more than just as a recurring character). I'm an eternal optimist, and admittedly not that well-informed on what season 4 will be like, so my hopes are still pretty high. From everything I've read/heard about him, Paul seems really protective of keeping Beckett the sweet, loveable guy we know and he's apparently pleased with how they brought Beckett back, so that bodes well for us, I think. From the pics I've seen on Mallozzi's blog, he looks like normal, human Beckett, so I don't think he's going to be half-Iratus or anything, though that'd be an interesting twist. It'd be nice if they actually brought him back from the dead somehow, but I didn't expect anything quite so tidy, which leaves us with alternate universe (which they ruled out), ascension (also out), and clones (which would suit the Michael story well) or Replicators (which doesn't meet the "flesh and blood" promise).

So, this is my guess, from what I can piece together: I just think Michael copied Beckett's knowledge (and whole mind possibly) during "Misbegotten", made himself a clone to dump that knowledge in, and put the clone to work figuring out how to make his SuperWraith bug monsters. Maybe the clone knows he's a clone; maybe he thinks he's the original. Either way, I'm sure after two years or so as Michael's prisoner (because from the comments in "Vengeance", I'm pretty sure Michael's had Beckett helping him for some time) Beckett will be as happy to see the Atlantis team as they'll be to see him. I don't know, it works for me in an odd kind of way. And if the team saves him from Michael, then I'm sure he'd be available for next season, perhaps after a short absence to maybe take some downtime, possibly tell his family he's alive, I don't know. (Can you tell I've been thinking about this a lot? lol )

Seti

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                                Here ya go Watcher, this is what I could find (aside from the vid Rachel already posted).
                                Paul Panel 2007 x1
                                Paul Panel 2007 x2
                                Paul Panel 2007 x3
                                Paul Panel 2007 x4
                                Auction 1
                                Auction 2
                                Paul McGillion at Dragon*Con
                                there is another one that I saw before of another kiss, now I can't find it. I think the link is already posted on this thread somewhere if I want to go hunt it down
                                Thanks!

Amazon informs me they've shipped A Dog's Breakfast!

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X