X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My FedCon pics with Paul - again... *sigh*

Spoiler:

Comment

Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Busy with Real Life.

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
      As I did two years ago, I'm taking questions from the Thunkers that you are dying to have Paul answer. No promises, but I'll try to get him to answer at least one. This is for the Thunkers who won't be able to see him at DragonCon, just to let him know you're all there in spirit.
      Here are the questions so far. Not very many. I re-wrote some of them so they read as questions to Paul. If I've missed any, please add it to the list. Try to make it something unique and not something you could find in any interview.

Vote for your favorite. List spoilered for length.

Spoiler:
      (#15087) beaugarcon wants to know: "What was your favorite episode to film on Star Gate Atlantis?" 0 votes
      (beaugarcon, is your userid pronounced bow-gar-con? What does that mean?)

(#15088) PJumper42 wants to know: "Who do you want to see in Superbowl 2008?" 0 votes

(#15088) PJumper42 wants to know: "Which is more entertaining Canadian or American hockey?" 0 votes

(#15090) Haliyah wants to know: "Have you ever visited your thunk thread on GateWorld, or any other such thread on any other sci-fi forum site?" 0 votees

(#15098) Emily (otherwise known as idlewild) wants to know: "On your website you list horseback riding as one of your special skills. Do you ride much and do you currently or have you owned any horses?" 0 votes

(#15099) *Oda* wants to know: "Since you've flown a Puddle jumper on Atlantis, she was wondering how does you like flying in real life? Are you scared or OK with it. What was your first flying experience like?" 0 votes
      (Oda, is that last question flying in real life or flying a Puddle Jumper?)

(#15099) *Oda* wants to know: "She's heard that you're a huge flirt and all. She wonders how many girlfriends did you have in high school. Were you the popular one or not-so-popular?" 0 votes
      (I substituted "girlfriends" because I know I can't say "chicks" to Paul. But I don't really think I can bring myself to ask him about the number of girfriends he's had. I think that's too personal. Sorry. If people really want to know I can ask the popularity one.)

I think I know the answer to Haliyah's question about the reading the thunk thread. It's "No," because Paul is terrible with computers. Somebody did ask 2 years ago at his personal Q&A at DragonCon if he read fan fiction. He said no, but should he? We all responded with a very firm "NO!" I don't know if I can ask that question because I don't want him to really see what I write about him here. And I'm the face he'll see asking him the question.

From the latest DragonCon Stargate schedule, Paul is the only one with his own personal Q&A. I love Paul!
      Last edited by watcher652; 29 August 2007, 04:11 PM.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
        Don't worry! Paul has been selling the DVDs at conventions occasionally, and so hopefully it'll be available to order from a web site soon. If not, perhaps someone going to a convention where he's going to be selling them can buy an extra and ship it for you. I heard that he might be selling them at Dragon*Con, so perhaps it would be worthwhile to make some friends in the fandom section's Dragon*Con thread.
        There's a link on Paul's website to ask for the DVD. It's not an order page, but it sends a email. I think this is what Gilde is talking about.

Doing a secure order page takes some work and you need to set up accounts and how to receive payment. So maybe they'll be handling it by regular mail at first.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

(#15099) *Oda* wants to know: "Since you've flown a Puddle jumper on Atlantis, she was wondering how does you like flying in real life? Are you scared or OK with it. What was your first flying experience like?" 0 votes

(#15099) *Oda* wants to know: "She's heard that you're a huge flirt and all. She wonders how many girlfriends did you have in high school. Were you the popular one or not-so-popular?" 0 votes
          (I substituted "girlfriends" because I know I can't say "chicks" to Paul. But I don't really think I can bring myself to ask him about the number of girfriends he's had. I think that's too personal. Sorry. If people really want to know I can ask the popularity one.)
          The first question: I meant the real flying experience. He probably has to fly a lot to go to this conv and all.
          The second question: Ok, just cancell that part about how many girlfriends and keep the rest. I guess it does sound too personal.

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
            The first question: I meant the real flying experience. He probably has to fly a lot to go to this conv and all.
            The second question: Ok, just cancell that part about how many girlfriends and keep the rest. I guess it does sound too personal.
            OK. But you didn't vote for one. I'm going to rank them in order of popularity and ask them that way if I get a chance to ask more than one. Or if I corner him at his table maybe I can ask more.

You only have a couple of days to vote. The con starts Friday!

My kind of guy:

Comment

<snip>

(#15087) beaugarcon wants to know: "What was your favorite episode to film on Star Gate Atlantis?" 0 votes
              <snip>
              .:It's French, and is pronounced "bow-gar-sohn" (the 'n' is silent). In this sense, take it to mean "beautiful (beau) boy (garcon)." The 'c' is actually supposed to have a squiggly accent thinger under it. Garcon can also mean "waiter."

(#15090) Haliyah wants to know: "Have you ever visited your thunk thread on GateWorld, or any other such thread on any other sci-fi forum site?" 0 votees

<snip>

I think I know the answer to Haliyah's question about the reading the thunk thread. It's "No," because Paul is terrible with computers. Somebody did ask 2 years ago at his personal Q&A at DragonCon if he read fan fiction. He said no, but should he? We all responded with a very firm "NO!" I don't know if I can ask that question because I don't want him to really see what I write about him here. And I'm the face he'll see asking him the question.

<snip>
              .:Yes, he's terrible, but not totally inept. He can work the internet, methinks. Most actors don't read fanfiction regarding something they're working on; many find it will warp their perspective or change how they see or play that character. I can definitely understand why you wouldn't want yourself connected to the question, though. Therefore, I shall rephrase it:

.:"How often do you explore the online fandom, if at all?"

.:Is that better?

Comment

I added my vote.

(#15087) beaugarcon wants to know: "What was your favorite episode to film on Star Gate Atlantis?"1 vote

(#15088) PJumper42 wants to know: "Who do you want to see in Superbowl 2008?" 0 votes

(#15088) PJumper42 wants to know: "Which is more entertaining Canadian or American hockey?" 0 votes

(#15098) Emily (otherwise known as idlewild) wants to know: "On your website you list horseback riding as one of your special skills. Do you ride much and do you currently or have you owned any horses?" 0 votes

(#15099) *Oda* wants to know: "She's heard that you're a huge flirt and all. Were you the popular one or not-so-popular in high-school?" 0 votes
                "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Haliyah wants to know: "Have you ever visited your thunk thread on GateWorld, or any other such thread on any other sci-fi forum site?"

I love that one

Hello all
                  sigpic

Comment

ok
                    ive set up a tread that im gonna post all my pics in that ive done.

anna's art

feedback is a drug people...
                    feed my habit ....
                    please???
                    sigpic

Comment

Oda rephrased her questions. Thanks! I put in Haliyah's updated question.

Vote for your own if you still like it! Or vote for someone else's.

(#15087) beaugarcon wants to know: "What was your favorite episode to film on Star Gate Atlantis?" 1 vote

(#15090) Haliyah wants to know: "How often do you explore the online fandom, if at all?" 0 votes

(#15099) *Oda* wants to know: "She's heard that you're a huge flirt and all. Were you the popular one or not-so-popular in high-school?" 0 votes

watcher652 wants to know: "If you could write the perfect role for yourself, other than Carson Beckett, because you're just perfect as him, what would it be?" 1 vote

My kind of guy:

Comment

Just a reminder that GateWorld had an interview with Paul that they posted recently. See if that inspires any questions.
                        Last edited by watcher652; 28 August 2007, 04:45 PM.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Busy with Real Life.

Here are the questions so far. Not very many. I re-wrote some of them so they read as questions to Paul. If I've missed any, please add it to the list. Try to make it something unique and not something you could find in any interview.

Vote for your favorite.

From the latest DragonCon Stargate schedule, Paul is the only one with his own personal Q&A. I love Paul!
                          Watcher...in all honesty the reason I ask the off the topic questions, is I feel I've read most of the answers to all the other things relating to SGA, SGF, Duet...The other questions we want to ask we can't b/c...well they're personal and that would be tacky...I would never ask him about his current love life b/c that's none of my business. But, if given the opportunity since both Paul and I are Dallas Cowboy fans...I can see us throwing back some beers, watching the game and just trash talking about football.

But that's just me.
                          PJumper42

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                            Everyone should go comment on Joe's blog. Tell him thanks and we hope to see him back on set FULL time
                            I confess...I watched that vid a total of 50 times...what's wrong with me?

I've been Paulified!!!

If it's not a word then it should be.
                            PJumper42

Comment

Originally posted by mokeh68 View Post
                              All right. I have to share my photo too. One of the "con officials" came out and told us that Paul had a cold, so to not be surprised if he didn't shake our hand or anything. So when it was my turn, (and let me just say - the TV does NOT do the man justice! He is absolutely scrumptious in person!) I said to him, "They told us you're sick?" And he said, "I'm fighting off a little cold, yeah." By that time he had his arm around my shoulders and so I put my arms around him and gave him a hug, saying, "Aww, I'm sorry!" He squeezed me flush against him (oh yeah!) and sighed, and said, "Well, I'm much better *now*." And I giggled. And they took the picture.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...t=_MG_3820.jpg

You two look so cute together...I'm hoping with fingers crossed he comes to Dallas next June. I'm 5'6" so maybe if I'm lucky I'll get a hug from that 5'10" frame of his. I hear he smells really good too.
                              PJumper42

Comment

Originally posted by PJumper42 View Post
                                I've been Paulified!!!

If it's not a word then it should be.
                                LOL, the Pauloholics have a new word to use at our PA meetings....love it!

sigpic
                                www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                                Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Working...
                                X