Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
    I'm a -6 timezoner too down in Texas. I've gotten really used to dealing with other timezones since, being a sci-fi fan, the bulk of my friends are spread out across the world. I recently finished a big fan writing project where half of us were in the US and half in England, so we had to work around the 6 hour difference just to have chats. (And, to my embarrassment, I thought Slovenia was east of Italy. I'm usually better about stuff like that.)

Oda, I really hope you can work out something for your pilot/engineer dilemma. I don't envy you the choice. Whatever you do, I hope it brings you lots of happiness!
    Thanks SETI *hug* I think I'll choose the pilots one, since it's what I want. I'll think about it again, though.

Oh, this is embarrassing...*coughs*...I made a huge mistake...I mixed up the words west and east, I don't know why I, when I think fast, mix west with east. It's just the way it sounds, I guess. Anyway, I got it wrong, Slovenia is EAST from Italy, sou you're right SETI_fan and I was wrong (not the part about Slovenia being east from Italy, I knew that, of course, I just mixed the words lol)
    I really don't know how I didn't see that mistake before. *hits the forehead* Really, really stupid of me.

What would Carson say?
    "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
      <snip...>
      Re: white scrubs, yeah, they do look like what patients wear on Atlantis, don't they? That should be interesting. I'm okay with some Beckett-whumping so long as they don't actually kill him again.

If you'll humor the newbie, which episode is that "Lovely. About what?" conversation from? It sounds familiar, but I can't place it.
      I think it's from "The Gift" in season 1, the episode in which they find out Teyla's got Wraith DNA in her.
      Yes, you're right, Jersey, it's from "The Gift". I'm sorry I spoilt it for you, Seti. It was such a fun retort; I hope you still enjoy it even if you already know.

And you're absolutely right, with the Beckett whump. I wouldn't say I'm opposed to a bit of it, on the contrary, I think it's long overdue but they sure as hell shouldn't forget about the comforting and making whole again afterwards...! *shakes fist*
      twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
        Sunday sleep tight. And when can we expect some pictures of that lovely kittens? I'd love to see them.

The map for the time zones (and a lesson from geography )
        Spoiler:

Khm...*clears throat* You can clearly see, that in the middle there's the Greenwich with 0 hours,which includes Sunday's England, my country is in the next zone, right from Sunday's, so it has +1 hour. All of you guys from America, wel,l you can see the time is "behind" where you are (not litterally), depends on where exactly do you live.
        You can see some pictures soon, i just have to put them on my pc!They are so cute.
        Great map, i totally understand it now I shouldnt have any more trouble in the future cheers

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
        [FONT="Century Gothic"]I loved this scene where Carson says to Weir's comment that he was right, "Lovely; about what?!" and Radek tells Rodney to pay up... lol
        I love that scene too!

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
        SCB Update cause I feel like it

We now have a total of 95
        EDIT: Ok I recounted and now got 99!!!!! I missed a few!!! ONE MORE!!!
        WOW! thats loadz

Originally posted by Celestial View Post
        Sunday I can sympathise with you regarding not having current access to the recent Atlantis until the DVD arrives instore...I'm in the same boat so I'll keep you company
        Im glad im not alone! Its nice to have company, and i will return that favour by keeping you company too It's really annoying because season 4 sounds like its going to be a good one and im dying to see how Carson comes back. I want to know once someone has watched but at the same time i want a suprise. Oh what to do?!
        sigpicThe right thing starts at the beginning of the day

Comment

You guys are lucky you've seen season three...I'm still on season 2 on Fox...
          My blog sigpic

Comment

^^ Awe really. Season 3 will soon come. What episode are you up to at the mo?

Comment

LOVELY

Comment

Idlewild202, good luck signing up for college classes! We start ours today. I hope some of them are interesting!
                Thanks! I got everything all squared away today. I'm only doing part time and in the evening. So I've got two classes, Development of Civilization and Intro to Music Literature. Both general ed classes that will transfer over to the state university I want to go to. So between work and my horses that ought to keep me busy enough this fall.

A classic pic

Oh man... I just realized it's going to be a looooong afternoon, taking my horse to a little show then get home and straight back to the college for the music class. I feel like a nap... but I don't have the time. Maybe a 15 minute nap ..... *eyes couch*

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

^^ Busy busy busy! Well have fun in your new classes, and enjoy taking your horse to the show. It must be nice owning a horse they are lovely animals.
                  It is a nice classic picture and i just saw rodney in the background, it made me laugh! I love caps that catch peep in the background in a sccene!

Lets see what i can find. *rumages through photobucket*
                  Oh no watch out!!!!

Don't look round, RUN!

Comment

^^ Sunday Those are some nice pics. I was like: "OH, no, go away, go away. RUUUN!!" lol

Double thunk:
                    "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Seti I totally understand the note taking I was doing it too but I gave up. I still haven’t read everything.
                      You think it’s hard for a day, try more than a week..lol. I have been a delinquent, I know, I’ve been busy doing other things. But to show I am truly sorry and appreciate you guys, here are some caps

cshawye sunday and phibi, loved the sigs, to all the guys having problems with ur parents or otherwise I hope it gets better, sending some good vibes ur way. I got to run... again. bye

I just loved this ep, yea
                      - Are you Crazy?
                      - I wouldn't say crazy. Maybe an eccentric who looks good in jeans
                      Spoiler:

sigpic
                      Bring back Ford and Beckett

Do not conform to the patterns of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind

Comment

^^ Sunday Those are some nice pics. I was like: "OH, no, go away, go away. RUUUN!!" lol

Double thunk:
                        Well thankyou! I was the same. I knew exactly what i was going to write because i was screaming it in my head when i came across them while choosing what pictures to post.
                        Oh great double thunk, i like it. I have to say though in that picture i do prefer Becketts mouth.

I know what you mean aswell RockyluvsSG and Seti. I remember when i went on holiday and then when i came back my internet wasn't working. I had 2-3weeks to catch up on!
                        Some lovely caps there. And i too loved that ep, bless Carson
                        Just thought i would quote a few of my favourite lines in no particular oder as best as i can remember them

Ford "Dude fungus" tehe love it!

Carson "I wish I wasn't here!" (Can't remember it all )

Ford "you can't say earthling"
                        Carson "She knows i'm from earth, its not a bloody secret"

What fun!

Well im off to watch some more SG1, sleep tight everyone well oda as i know you are ahead and everyone esle have a good day/afternoon!
                        Last edited by sunday; 22 August 2007, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Hey Rocky..nice to see you again. I like the caps you posted, the last one makes me smile every time..but the first one *thunk*

Well I'm not off to bed yet, but good night anyway.

Comment

Oh, bless your souls! What a wonderful collection of pics I find... *swoons*

I took my twinchy out for dinner tonight (chinese) because she helped me so much with my tremendous workload. Now I'm afraid I might be bursting right in front of my computer. But before I do, I'll end with a cute pic or two...

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Maybe I expressed my self wrong. It's not the actually scholarship to go into the army, it's more like you said, the goverment pay's me now to do my schooling and I "repay" them with 5 years of service, it's exactly like that. But here, I can't switch job's like in Canada, I checked. I think I'm leaning towards the pilot's one and my mum agrees with me.
                              Spoiler:
                              .:Ah, gotcha. Yeah, no, that wasn't very clear, lol.

.:I'd go with pilot, myself. You'll learn rare skills that can be applied in "the real world," you'll probably get paid a whole helluva lot more than if you were simply an av tech, and the benefits package and pension will probably be pretty hefty, not to mention the life insurance.

.:Ooooh, my two favourite Stargate men! Girl, you certainly know how to make one squeal!

Comment

Jersey, no worries about "spoiling" The Gift. When I missed the episode, I came onto Gateworld and read the transcript there. (Patience not by best trait... )

Oda, so I'm not going crazy? (At least, not geographically) Cool. I totally understand the east/west mix-up. My mom does it with right and left, which is a pain when I'm driving and she's giving directions! BTW, I love Carson's looks every time this topic keeps coming up! And best of luck with the pilot test, if you do go with that! Reach for your dreams!

Idlewild, glad the classes are all set! Sounds like pretty interesting ones! Good luck at the horse show! Which reminds me, if we're going to get kitten pictures, can we get horsey pictures too?

Nice to meet you, Rocky! A week? Man, that would be hard. Just coming into this thread new I had to decide I could only backtrack so far before just giving up and posting. lol

I couldn't help thinking of Atlantis during classes today. My Psych of Language teacher is Canadian, so I kept hearing the cute "sorry", words like "handoots", and "zed-scores" for statistical z-scores. And then in Biostatistics, the prof did the whole lecture by hooking up the projector to his tablet PC (or Mac equivalent, I don't know) and scribbling equations and diagrams on it. And in Vertebrate Anatomy, what should come up but whales! Good day.

Seti

Comment

Working...
                                X