Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fear of trees???

Oh I could come up with a good sig through that...

D'you know what??? That explains why he always looks so worried while he's walking through forests.

Comment

Originally posted by rosiewook View Post
      I was listening to the commentary for "The Eye," last night. I laughed and laughed when David Hewlett said how Paulie came out of the pod set after the tree was knocked down in front of them saying, "They threw trees at us!"

For those who haven't heard the commentary, this then sparks a little schtick about how Paulie has an unnatural fear of trees. It made my crappy day much better!
      Wow! I haven't listened to that ep's commentary yet. Does Paul really have a case of Dendrophobia (technical name for the fear of trees)? Or were they just poking fun at him?

Comment

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by rosiewook
        Okay. Time for the North American contingent to get out of bed and keep the conversation going....
        I haven't slept yet. Still up. Tried. But couldn't. A twin size bed should not be shared with Catzilla. So I feel...really crazy. Loopy-fied. Lack of sleep and caffeine...makes me feel like I'm still in college! WOOO!!! I'm so glad I'm not. Oh gosh. It's gonna be a long day.

Originally posted by rosiewook
        I was listening to the commentary for "The Eye," last night. I laughed and laughed when David Hewlett said how Paulie came out of the pod set after the tree was knocked down in front of them saying, "They threw trees at us!"

For those who haven't heard the commentary, this then sparks a little schtick about how Paulie has an unnatural fear of trees. It made my crappy day much better!
        HAHA! I love commentaries. I do some what recall that. And it does make for a great sig whoever said that... Quick! To the batcave!

We should all start the morning off with a cup of coffee...for those who drink it, I do not...a good nutritious breakfast...I don't do that either...and most importantly...

CARSON BOOTY!!!

That I think I can do!
        Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Ahh... lovely pic, Leighanners. Makes me wanna post the booty cap I took from Duet, too. Don'tcha just love the caps you can make from DVDs? And don'tcha just love Dirty!Beckett?

Comment

Well ya know...I do tend to like my Beckett dirty. Then again. You guys all know where I reside. *grins*

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
              PS- You know would have made The Ark a better ep? Well, many things, but more Carson would have done wonders
              LOL ... yup! That would've done it. Although the scenes we did get were fantastic (so much so that I watched just his parts again after finishing the episode)

Yay for Carson booty ... And he's a bit dirty too, can't beat that!

Was working on a video last night and looking at some clips from "The Return" and couldn't resist capturing a few of Beckett ...

*takes out Weir inserts self*
              Why yes Carson, come on in!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

*SQUEEL*

DIMPLES!!!!

*falls out of chair*

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                  Wow! I haven't listened to that ep's commentary yet. Does Paul really have a case of Dendrophobia (technical name for the fear of trees)? Or were they just poking fun at him?
                  Oh. Sorry. Wasn't clear.

Yes. They were just poking fun at him. It turned into this whole thing about how there are no trees in Toronto, or something.

I think David started it as a chance to poke fun at Paulie for being more than a little freaked out about the fact that they added in the throwing of a tree into the situation. Martin Gero just ran with it.

The commentary for the whole episode is a lot about just how physically uncomfortable everyone was for the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                    Was working on a video last night and looking at some clips from "The Return" and couldn't resist capturing a few of Beckett ...
                    <snip the pictures>
                    *takes out Weir inserts self*
                    Why yes Carson, come on in![/CENTER]
                    LOL! I would totally invite him in!

Is it just me? Or did it seem that Paulie was a little off in that scene? It almost seemed like he had a headache, or something. He was a little too quiet and a couple of close-ups looked like he was having to work to keep his eyes open.

Oh. Still adorable! Just wondering....

Comment

Speaking of, does anyone have an idea where I could find a cap from "The Storm?" The particular scene I'm looking for is when they talk to Shep and say that they're stuck and can't get back to him.

There is a lovely, long close-up of Paul at the puddle jumper controls that captures his eyes so beautifully! (Yes. I'm re-enjoying Season 1 because my dog literally ate my original box set several months ago. Just now replaced it.)
                      Did you ever get that cap? I can try and make one today if you didn't.
                      sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
                        Did you ever get that cap? I can try and make one today if you didn't.
                        Nope. I keep getting distracted as I go through the old messages....

If you could grab one for me, I'd really appreciate it!

Comment

Comment

LOL! I would totally invite him in!

Is it just me? Or did it seem that Paulie was a little off in that scene? It almost seemed like he had a headache, or something. He was a little too quiet and a couple of close-ups looked like he was having to work to keep his eyes open.

Oh. Still adorable! Just wondering....
                            Hmmm ... I don't really know. It was a quieter scene that's for sure. Different from his interactions with other characters (esp. different from those with McKay). Hmm, I think I'm going to have to go back and watch it yet again and see if I see that same thing.

I really love that scene though because it reminds me of why I love Carson so much, and why I fell for the character in the first place. He's the one who cares enough to not just call but actually go to Weir's home and drag her back out. It's that kind of caring and understanding that really draws me to this character (along with the dimples).

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                              Hmmm ... I don't really know. It was a quieter scene that's for sure. Different from his interactions with other characters (esp. different from those with McKay). Hmm, I think I'm going to have to go back and watch it yet again and see if I see that same thing.

I really love that scene though because it reminds me of why I love Carson so much, and why I fell for the character in the first place. He's the one who cares enough to not just call but actually go to Weir's home and drag her back out. It's that kind of caring and understanding that really draws me to this character (along with the dimples).
                              Carson had me at the Chair. He had me at the Chair! *sniff*

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post

OT-I'm not gonna wait forever. Don't worry. I'll probably end up asking him out again. We'll see. If only there was a Paul for everyone. That would be nice. Scottish...hot...beautiful blue eyes (which this guy has too)...dimples...*sigh*
                                Yeah, I wish the same for us!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X