Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
    *pouts* I wish I had 600 gigs. Somehow I don't think that's quite fair. To think of all the pretties I could store on my comptuer...*sigh* oh well. Anyways...I'm signing out. Gotta work tomorrow. GAG!!! And my best friend is having boy trouble. At least she's not dreaming that I'm dating a non-Scotish Paul again.
    Wish you a good night!

Comment

I agree, it's probably a smidge too late to get things organized for this year, but maybe someone could drop in a reminder in their calendar to get us going in December, next time?

I do this all the time for another online group (i.e., charity donation drives). Someone just gives everyone their PayPal account name and accepts donations there. That person then uses their credit card to make the donation in the name of the group.

So we can either do it next year, or maybe at his half birthday? (December and January birthday people always get so screwed.)

Or ::sniff:: we can make a donation after the events of this season in honor of the character.

Comment

I have set-up a birthday topic under the savecarsonbeckett forum so everyone can post their birthday wishes to Paul. Here's the link:

http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com/for...wforum.php?f=3

If you have problems it's under forum/messages for Paul McGillion/Happy Birthday Paul.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Don't know if Paul will see the posts or not, but hey it's worth a shot, and next year let's do a breast cancer donation in his name. I really like that suggestion and I'm sure he would appreciate anything we could donate.

Peace!
        PJumper42

Comment

I've been fretting over...
          Spoiler:
          Carson's potential death/disappearance in "Sunday"
          and I've also been fretting over my most recent fic that I've been working on, and so it's given me a REALLY big case of writer's block. So far, no really good ideas have come to mind. *sigh* Anybody read "The Emerald Wanderer"? I don't really have a really good plot for any upcoming chapters except for 4, and I could use some suggestions, if anybody has any ideas.
          Last edited by Jersey13; 03 January 2007, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
            600 gigs?? :O Good for ya, I have to burn everything to DVD immediately, and I always run out of space....

Well its kinda a pain, since it requires two external hard drives....but it sure comes in handy, I have SGF in three different formats depending on my viewing desires
            Last edited by Jenner8675309; 03 January 2007, 11:40 AM. Reason: wrong letter

sigpic
            www.savecarsonbeckett.com
            Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

i have my 160 gb extrnal hard-drive..it has all my ipod stuff on it..and all the eps of sga/1 from my hdd recorder..thing.....

Comment

May I ask...when is 'Sunday' airing for those that will get it very soon???

I know I keep asking but...well it's annoying me a bit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                  May I ask...when is 'Sunday' airing for those that will get it very soon???

I know I keep asking but...well it's annoying me a bit now.

I think "Sunday" is supposed to air after The Ark and one more episode, possibly "Submergence". I hear it's supposed to air as episode #18 or #19, one or two episodes left before the season finale. There will be at least The Ark before it airs, though. We'll see, I guess.

Comment

*Kicks the table hard*

They're really making us suffer now.

Comment

According to those whose got TV Listings for this month (in Canada), 'The Ark' is next to air on Jan 8th followed by 'Sunday' on Jan 15th. So maybe only two more eps left to enjoy our favourite HOT SCOT. BTW if anyone wants to take out their frustation, here's a list of all the cool Scifi mags email address to vent at (in a publishable way!). Most of which have done interviews with Paul in the past! Lets hope this will also 'encourage' them to do a few more!

[email protected]
                      [email protected]
                      [email protected]
                      [email protected]
                      [email protected]
                      [email protected]
                      [email protected]

I remember the 'Save Daniel' gang doing it and the newstands were plastered with his face on magazine covers with lots of interviews and lots of fans giving the campaign to get him back publicity!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                        Well its kinda a pain, since it requires two external hard drives....but it sure comes in handy, I have SGF in three different formats depending on my viewing desires
                        I have a notebook with 60 gigas inside and I always have problems restoring my stuff Also have an other notebook winchester with USB hub, it's 40 gigas but I hardly have space on it...

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
                          It BTW I looked at the info I had from the Stargate Autos (now Stargate props) page and it says the profits go to the Canadian Breast Cancer Trust, so that looks like the right one!
                          Here's the link to Stargate Props/Stargate Autographs if anyone wants to read it for themselves.

Here's the link to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.

You can make an online tribute donation from this page.

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                            Thanks for all the good luck wishes. I'm getting cue cards tomorrow to right all important details on. I AM PASSING THESE EXAMS!!!

:O
                            Now, that's the right way to think of it, Allestian!!!

My twin and I will keep our fingers crossed for your exams; you'll get it right!

And what could possibly happen with so much support?

I finally created my own banner today. *pats on shoulders proudly*
                            Yet, I think it's a bit dark, especially the writing but I didn't find out how to change that without starting all new. :O

Should anyone want to use it too, feel free to do so.

Here it is:

Happy New Year to you all!
                            Twinchy---
                            sigpic
                            FanFic---------------------------------------------------Twinchy's Lair

Comment

Oh, how I love you, guys!!!
                              And welcome to the new year!

Last time I looked into the thread was just before going to the New Year's party at my friends' and when I come back here two days later, you've posted more than 200! new entries. It took me two nights to catch up all of those...

I am really impressed with you. And you've done a wonderful job with all the pictures and the birthday greetings and all. *bowing head in admiration*

My experience with New Year's Eve wasn't a swell one either: First I read the second part of David Hewlett's Interview and was very sad afterwards, even thogh I was kind of relieved to now know for sure that Paul McGillion would be leaving the show, no more guessing and speculating etc. So, this wasn't exactly the right start for a party.
                              Then upon arriving at our friends' home, we learnt that our friend was ill and in bed or rather the couch, so we spent the evening/night sitting by her side, watching something on TV for she understandably wasn't in the mood for partying.
                              When my twin and I went home afterwards we had an argument with our mother, and my twin told me I was getting on her nerves always complaining about Beckett being axed...

Well, let's hope 2007 will be a better year than 2006; and let's continue our fight for the return of Beckett to Atlantis.

BTW, here's a nice turtle picture from me...
                              Spoiler:

This turtle actually belongs to my sister, she bought it about a year ago but I thought this wee bugger fit in here quite nicely. (My twin told me I wasn't allowed to call her plush turtle Carson but I agreed with the turtle (I talk with all of my plush animals) that she needn't know about it, so I did call it Carson... )

=> Allestian: Good luck for your exams, I too will keep my fingers crossed!
                              twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                              sigpic

Comment

Good luck Allestian, you'll make it! =D I have an exam coming up too at January 8th @_@ Ugh. Still lots to do for it!

@twinchaosblade: The turtle's cute! Oh, so you're really twins? I thought it was more in the way of... you know, calling your best friend twin. *lol*
                                Speaking of which:
                                Awesome banner, twinchaosblade 1/2! *lol* This is confusing.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X