Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
    *I know TJuk I am so sorry but it seems he never goes on-line so he will never read this speculation*

He could just come clean. We will still love you Paul, 35 or 40.
    I lurk quite a bit and saw something on a con report recently - was either a remark from Torri or Rachel, who said Hewlett and McGillion were both big on reading fan forums.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCat
      I lurk quite a bit and saw something on a con report recently - was either a remark from Torri or Rachel, who said Hewlett and McGillion were both big on reading fan forums.
      I knew that DH does so, but Paul? Anyway, I bet if they read the forums they either laugh themselves silly or feel the need to bang their heads against the nearest wall sometimes. Or wish for a hole in the ground.

Bye, A.
      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
        I knew that DH does so, but Paul? Anyway, I bet if they read the forums they either laugh themselves silly or feel the need to bang their heads against the nearest wall sometimes. Or wish for a hole in the ground.
        From I got at DragonCon, Paul doesn't read fan forums. He's not big on computers. David Hewlett is, of course, very comfortable with computers, and David Nykl appears to be too. Kinda makes all 3 of them like their characters.

But being comfortable with computers doesn't mean you're trolling the fan forums. I've read that Rainbow drops in from time to time and has even posted. And, of course, Rainbow has his blog on GateWorld.

As far as their birthdays go, I'm pretty sure it's:

Joe: Jan 5, 1967
        David: April 18, 1968
        Paul: Jan 5, 1969

But who cares how old someone is when they look like this:

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Yeah. Rainbow posts in the Ford thread every now and then. Just short messages, but he does drop by every now and then.
          I wouldn't be too worried about what they read! It's pretty much positive stuff! Especially for people like DH and PM.
          Now if you were JF, you'd have reason to worry --- you'd be keeping the wife away from the thunk thread!!

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
            Paul: Jan 5, 1969
            Can we have a source for this info please watcher? I know the date but the year?

Comment

Can we have a source for this info please watcher? I know the date but the year?
              Joe and David's are from imdb (although that doesn't have to mean it's true, but I'm sure the actor can change it if it isn't). Paul's is from Tjuk. (Wow, it took me forever to find a link). Tjuk should have the exact reference somewhere. I gave a quick look and it's not on the Unofficial Paul McGillion Website. I just remember thinking that Paul was born the year after David. Paul doesn't have it on his official site. I wouldn't expect him to.

<edit> Ok, I found the article reprinted on GateWorld. It doesn't have his birthdate, but it does state his age, so you can figure out the year from the date of the article.
              Last edited by watcher652; 30 November 2005, 05:42 PM.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Joe and David's are from imdb (although that doesn't have to mean it's true, but I'm sure the actor can change it if it isn't). Paul's is from Tjuk. (Wow, it took me forever to find a link). Tjuk should have the exact reference somewhere. I gave a quick look and it's not on the Unofficial Paul McGillion Website. I just remember thinking that Paul was born the year after David. Paul doesn't have it on his official site. I wouldn't expect him to.
                O.K now I am confused TJuk is the one that told me we shouldn't talk about his age in here because if he wanted us to know he would tell us. So now you are saying she has it on her site? Why wouldn't his official site have it anyway? I still think he is older than David and until he comes here and tells me otherwise... *come on Paul I dare you*

Comment

O.K now I am confused TJuk is the one that told me we shouldn't talk about his age in here because if he wanted us to know he would tell us. So now you are saying she has it on her site? Why wouldn't his official site have it anyway? I still think he is older than David and until he comes here and tells me otherwise... *come on Paul I dare you*
                  Please don't get Tjuk or Paul mad at me by misunderstanding me.

Did you look at the links? Tjuk doesn't have it at her site. I said I couldn't find it, but she would probably know the reference. The link shows that Tjuk mentioned the article in a post not on this thread or even on this board. Then I found the newspaper article reprinted here on GateWorld. And I linked to that article.

I don't know what went on between you and Tjuk.

I only mention the birth date because it's been published and somebody asked. It doesn't make any difference to me. If somebody told me "hey, don't ever mention it because Paul specifically said not to", then I wouldn't.

But to not to talk about it just because it's not on his website doesn't make any sense. What actor would put their age on their website? Paul doesn't have his birth day or date on his official site and that's his own business. Really, how many actors do you know go around telling people how old they are? Actors can play a wide age range, it's what they do. There's no reason to limit your options by giving a casting director a preconceived notion of how old you are. You choose the actor because they fit the role.

A birthdate should only really matter to determine if the actor is under age.

My kind of guy:

Comment

I don't think it's a big deal talking about people's ages. Hey, we're all just speculating. We do it all the time on the Torri threads. No-one means to offend her (or PM on this thread), it's just something we're naturally curious about. Especially those of us closer to the age of the Torris and Pauls of this world!
                    I remember lots of talk about how old Amanda Tapping was until her birthday was suddenly published not that long ago..
                    I love seeing celebs in this age group getting good work and being popular! It makes the world seem a little less ageist!! And it might educate some of the young'uns to see that being 30 something doesn't mean you're over the hill!

Comment

if i had known that my question about PM´s age would start such a rumor, i should have better been silent.

But good to know that the birthdays of those two (PM and JF) are exactly one week before mine.

Comment

Please don't get Tjuk or Paul mad at me by misunderstanding me.

Did you look at the links? Tjuk doesn't have it at her site. I said I couldn't find it, but she would probably know the reference. The link shows that Tjuk mentioned the article in a post not on this thread or even on this board. Then I found the newspaper article reprinted here on GateWorld. And I linked to that article.

I don't know what went on between you and Tjuk.
                        It's a joke watcher! She didn't like me talking about his age or what I thought it was. No biggy, and no I didn't have time to go to the links (new computer) but I knew it wasn't on the site becuase of what she had said previously. I really don't think Paul is going to get mad, if he does he can take it up with me.

And on the actor thing I think pretty much by the time they are at auditions they know your age or at least they will if they want you for the role you have to sign a contract I am pretty sure it would be stated in that somewhere.

Maybe he is really young too young to play Carson!

Comment

It's a joke watcher! She didn't like me talking about his age or what I thought it was. No biggy, and no I didn't have time to go to the links (new computer) but I knew it wasn't on the site becuase of what she had said previously. I really don't think Paul is going to get mad, if he does he can take it up with me.

And on the actor thing I think pretty much by the time they are at auditions they know your age or at least they will if they want you for the role you have to sign a contract I am pretty sure it would be stated in that somewhere.

Maybe he is really young too young to play Carson!
                          I don't think Paul would have an issue. He'd probably be amused that we're all having a guessing game about how old he is! I don't think he seems like the type who'd be that precious about it.
                          Maybe he is a bit older than Hewlett --- he would be if they were born in the same year, having a Jan birthday while Hewlett has an April one. That in itself could be the reason he stirs him about his age!
                          I think most of the actors look younger in real life. I think with the girls they make them up to look older to give them more authority, and with Paul --- Carson's just such a serious type. He worries too much! The expressions he'd use as Carson would be way different to his normal expressions -- that in itself would give a reason for him looking younger in real life!

Comment

Hey to much talking not enough pretty pictures... yep, I'm shallow

how about a nice seated pic

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                            DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

I apologise for the cruddy pics from epiphany.

not spoiler pics.

Now I just loved his hair this ep... *thunk*

pointless, didn't need to be in the ep...but the hair

Comment

Originally posted by Immy
                                I don't remember that scene. What episode is that from?

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X