No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*there is a chair in the bathroom and I sit on it and lean my head back against the wall and close me eyes, but it pulls on my wound, so I drop my head forward instead and rest it in my hands (my elbows are on my knees).....I just need a rest*
    sigpic

Comment

*I am by now composed a bit more and hiding my emotion well as I run about the infirmary, cleaning up the rest of our breakfast mess and checking each of my patients' wounds, but I wish that I trusted someone else to care for them for a moment even, so that I could go and hide on my favorite balcony for a while, try to sort out my muddled up mind, but since I know that I can't I just keep busy, as long as I keep moving I will be alright*

A- Oy Aang, take it easy Love, y've pulled that last bit of th' bandage a bit tight! *he chuckles and I realize that my mood is not being hidden as well as I'd thought, so I give him a quick hug of apology and then go back on my way to the next person I have to look after*

Comment

How long does it take? *Shep gets up and goes to the bathroom door and knocks on it...but gets no response. he tries the handle but it is locked, he knocks again, louder this time.
        Dell open the door! You got a key for this door Carson?
        sigpic

Comment

A- Aye, I've got a key. *he looks around to find me, by now I am sitting on the edge of Beck's bed beside Abby, showing her how to help me care for her Mummy* Aang, top drawer of ma' desk on the left side. Run and get it would ye?

Sure, A-Carson, be right back. *I hop off the edge of the bed and run for the office, where I paw around in the drawer, come up with the key and skid back out to Shep* Here's the key, Shep. *I hand the key over but don't walk away*

Comment

*Shep puts the key in the lock and opens the door, and comes in, he squats down by the chair and lifts my head up and sees that i'm crying*
            Hey whats all this about? *he wipes the tears with his thumb.*

-I'm so tired, but I can't rest, I can't get the voices to shut up.
            What voices?
            -in my head, he keeps shouting at me, I just want to sleep.
            *he puts his arms around me and holds me close*
            sigpic

Comment

Abby: Can I have a drink please?
              Sure hunny
              *With everyone busy attending to Dell, Carson leans over to try & reach the cart nearby, but pulls on his wound & he winces in pain, grabbing his side*
              Carson! *without thinking I attempted to get out of bed & stand up, but I just got very dizzy & collapsed on the ground, hitting my head on the mettle of the bed & reopening my head wound*
              Abby: Mummy!
              Beck! *he lunges forward to try & grab me, but it pulls on his own wound again make him wince even more. I then try pushing myself up to a sitting position, leaning against my bed & holding my head in my hands. My head hurts bad & I still feel dizzy*
              I-I'm alright love. I'm sorry Abby you'll just have to wait
              I should call for Aang-
              -No. No I'll, I, I'll be fine. I don't want to put Aang under any more pressure. It- it must be hard for her. Besides It's seems there's something wrong with Dell
              Ye need 'elp love, I-
              No! *I didn't mean to raise my voice, but then I just start to sob, with Abby getting down & sitting with me & hugs me*
              I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
              traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

*I hear all the commotion and I look from my sister, sobbing in Shep's arms, to my other sister, collapsed on the floor, and snap into motion, making my way across the room at a flat run*

Beck! Crap, Carson! Someone tell me what the hell happened over here! *Once again, adrenaline coursing through my body has me moving faster than usual and I lift Beck easily back onto her bed without disconnecting Abby from her, snatch my med-kit (yes I have one too now) from the table between the beds, peel one hand from her face so that I can see the bleeding wound and set to work re-stitching it shut, give her a shot of low-dose pain killers before she can object, and hug her close to me*

You should have called me, I'd have come. That's why I'm here, to help you when you need me. I'll worry about me later, I'm healthy and fine, just a bit sleep deprived... *I laugh gently before I let go and turn to Carson, whose face has gone two shades paler than it should be and I notice his good hand is gripping his side and he looks a bit embarrassed*

Carson, you of all people...never mind, we'll have words later. *I reach to pull his hand from his side and heave a sigh as I see a bit of blood coming through the hospital gown. Back to the med kit, I pull out what I'll need, give him my best disapproving doctor look and a shot of painkillers before I help him get the hospital gown down to where I can see the wound clearly to re-stitch it and re-bandage it*

*both Beck and Carson settled, I give Abby a glass of juice*

A-Carson, please come and get me if they need anything, will you? *I stare hard at all three of them before I smile slightly and turn to go back to Dell and Shep*

Dell, Sis...Luv... *I touch her shoulder, letting Shep just hold her there*What did Jack say to you? What has you so upset? Tell me, Sis. I hate seeing you like this.

Comment

*I shake my head to say no*
                  You will tell us, because I will leave you no choice, if you don't tell me, I'm going back to Earth right now and ask him myself.

-He said nothing new, nothing I haven't heard before. Thats half the problem, I can't ever seem to do anything good enough....and I almost got you all killed! * I look up into there faces* It is all my fault that Beck and the Carson's are hurt, and you got hurt too Shep, I'm bad luck.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh Sis! *my face begins going red as Jack's face flashes through my head again and I look at Dell carefully* If it wasn't this mission, it would have been another one. We put ourselves in danger daily just by living in this bloody city. I'm just lucky I haven't been injured yet. *I don't realize how truly lucky I am and I won't realize it until I find out the hard way*

Luv, you didn't almost get us killed. We would have gone to rescue Abby whether you were with us or not. Beck and Carson are her parents. A-Carson and I are her uncle and aunt. You were the one who knew how to do just about everything that kept us alive on this mission until we got back to the Daedalus... *I tighten my hand on her shoulder a bit, if only to keep her from feeling that my hand is shaking*

Maybe you don't do anything right enough for Jack, but then who does other than Sam? You do everything just right for us. As a matter of fact looking at your track record of other missions, it was only the ones that the rest of us tagged along for that got this messy *I gesture to the infirmary where Carson and Beck are in bed once again and A-Carson is now sitting guard over them* so if nothing else, the rest of us are the problem, we get in your way.

Comment

*Shep picks me up in his arms and carries me out to my bed and puts me back down on it. he pulls my blankets up and takes my hand as he sits back down on his chair*
                      I think you were amazing during that mission, I didn't have to worry about you, you knew what you were doing. It was only right at the end you got into trouble, but that wasn't your fault. And as for the voices....well I'm right here with you, and for every time a voice says you're no good, know that I will be here thinking you are the best!
                      try and get some sleep, and if you need it , I'm sure Aang can find something to knock you out.
                      sigpic

Comment

*I followed Shep and Dell back and took my place beside her bed* Sis...I...Jack doesn't know you like we do. You do your damn best and we all know it. We love you, all of us do. *I wave a hand around the room at the others* Every time Jack's voice says something, remember there is one of him and six of us. For every one thing he says, there are six of us to say the opposite.

*I look up at Shep for a moment* And he's right, if you need it, I can give you something that'll knock you out so hard, you won't wake up even if the entire city explodes. *I realize my joke isn't amusing and clamp my mouth shut*

Comment

*I'm now sitting up in my bed, as I can't just lie down & rest. My mind is too preoccupied & dizzy. I just sit there staring at the door of the bathroom where Dell, Shep & Aang are & worry if Dell will be ok. I want to know what's going on, even if I can't retain much information in my current state. I can't help feeling a little responsible for Dell being like this, for being hurt. If I hadn't gotten Dell involved with rescuing Abby, perhaps this wouldn't of happened? I shouldn't have let Abby out of my sight, if she was with me here on Atlantis, there would be no rescue mission & no-one would have gotten hurt. The Carson's wouldn't be out of commission & Aang wouldn't be so under pressure from having to take on their duties, plus take care of stupid me. Tears running down my cheeks & I look over at Carson, he is looking back at me looking quite concerned*

I sorry love, this is all my fault... *holds my head into my hands once more & sob. A-Carson looks over at us & decides to remove Abby for awhile*
                          A- Abby love? Why don't ye come sit with me over 'ere aye? Keep meh company, thas' a good girl
                          *Abby nods & goes with A-Carson to sit on his lap on the other side of the room*

What's ye fault?
                          E-everything. This *gestures to all our injuries* Dell *nods to Dell, who is now on her bed with Shep by her side* Perhaps if I was to l-leave, I would n-not get in the way, no-one would get h-hurt anymore. I know I can't take Abby with me as she is biologically y-yours, you are her daddy, she will be s-safer with you, but me- I -it would save you & everyone from further harm if I leave...
                          No. Ye can't leave. We need ye love.... I need ye & so does Abby. And ye certainly no' fit t' be leavin' any 'ow, look at tha state ye in. Ye no' thinkin' straight, jus' please...
                          *Carson begins to tear up at the very thought of loosing me*
                          Last edited by McBecklover; 15 February 2013, 09:01 PM.
                          traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

*I can see that Beck and Carson are both a bit upset and Shep has Dell under control, so I wander over to where Beck is now crying again and Carson looks rather a bit upset, so I think for a moment before I get in the middle of it*

Carson, work with me a moment, sit up a bit more, dear. *I help Carson sit up further even though I know it hurts and I prop him up with another pillow, then move to Beck's bed*

Alright Beck, Love, I think I know what you need right now. *I sit down and pull her close for a hug, then without letting go, I adjust my arms and lift her once again and realize I'm doing pretty well carrying her around, I must be getting stronger, but my mind snaps back to what I am doing and I move the three steps between the beds and set her down gently on Carson's lap, hovering nearby in case I need to move her back to her own bed, and I watch Carson wrap his arms around Beck and hold her*

I'm not going to leave you two until Beck is safely back in her bed, but I can see you both need this, you need each other right now and it's only going to make things worse to leave you two feet away from each other and unable to help each other through this. *I sit down on Beck's now empty bed and watch the two of them, tossing a quick glance to Dell and Shep*

Comment

*His voice has been turned down, it is still there, but I can hear Shep voice louder....hes not telling me I'm good at missions, he's telling me he loves me, in fact I can hear all their voices saying the same thing. my eyes close and I can feel myself slipping away into sleep, but i open my eyes again. I look at Shep. he smiles and tells me to sleep....so I do*
                              Last edited by Dellruby; 16 February 2013, 09:07 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

*I sit on Carson's lap & leaning his good side, with his good arm around me. He kisses the top of my head & I feel his tears dripping into my hair, then Carson looks up over my head to Aang*
                                Sh-she's talkin' about leavin' us, leavin' m-me... *he squeezes me gently with one arm*
                                I- I canna lose 'er

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X