Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aang View Post
    *collapses laughing* Yuuuup! That would be exactly what I meant!

Aang, ye find that funny do ye? Also Jae'a, lass, the vitamin C bit isn't always helpful. It only works if y've been takin' it all along, not if ye get a lot all at once when y're already ill...it's more of a preventative measure than a treatment...I do wish I could do more t' help poor Poet though. *smile*
    Well yeah, good point. But oranges do mostly help me even if I haven't been eating them before... Oranges are magic, you know..
    *Hits self for saying such a thing to a doctor!*
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

thanks Carson
      I think I need to go to my doc if it doesn't get better soon; can't remember I ever had such bad coughing attacks ever

Comment

Aye, Poet, Love. It does seem as if you might need to go an' see your own doctor. An' Jae'a, Love. Don't be mad, but ye sound a wee bit like Rodney when he tells me my medicine is voodoo magic an' not science. *chuckles* Sorry to say it, but it's true. Though eating oranges when ye have a cold never hurt anyone...except Rodney, I suppose. *chuckles again*

*still laughing at Carson's face in that cap from Irresponsible*

Aang, Love, I understand ye were amused by ma' face there, but could ye do me a favor and get a grip on y'self? *shakes his head*

*gasp gasp sputter* *breathe* Okay. I think I'm good now. Sorry Carson...

Quite alright, Love.

Comment

Aye, Poet, Love. It does seem as if you might need to go an' see your own doctor. An' Jae'a, Love. Don't be mad, but ye sound a wee bit like Rodney when he tells me my medicine is voodoo magic an' not science. *chuckles* Sorry to say it, but it's true. Though eating oranges when ye have a cold never hurt anyone...except Rodney, I suppose. *chuckles again*

OK, I can see what you mean there, actually... But I would never go so far as to say that medicine is voodoo/not real science! I hate it when Rodney says stuff like that!
          Hmm... *Gets an idea* Carson, would you hate me if I tried to feed some of my oranges to Rodney the next time he starts coming down with something?
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post

OK, I can see what you mean there, actually... But I would never go so far as to say that medicine is voodoo/not real science! I hate it when Rodney says stuff like that!
            Hmm... *Gets an idea* Carson, would you hate me if I tried to feed some of my oranges to Rodney the next time he starts coming down with something?
            I know ye wouldn't go that far, Love. Rodney just doesn't know when ta stop sometimes. That would be when I get out th' big needle and threaten 'im a bit. Shuts 'im up real fast, actually. *thinks for a moment* Well, I confess I've been tempted to lemon 'im a few times m'self...*pulls a lemon out of the desk drawer and tosses it in the air* But I don't think I could let ye do that to 'im if I know about it before hand...though I could be convinced to help 'im if some orange just happened to accidentally get to 'im...*eyes twinkle mischievously*

Carson! I'm surprised at you!

*sheepish face* Sorry Aang, Love. Y'know Rodney's one of ma' best friends, I couldn't let 'im suffer for ma' own amusement...no matter how tempting it may be once in a while.

...Still, wouldn't causing him to have an allergic reaction be a bit...harmful? How about just telling him that there was orange in something he ate? He's such a hypochondriac that he'd be displaying symptoms without the actual orange...

Comment

No Aang, I guess that wouldn't be good, correct me if I am wrong Carson but I heard that if someone is very hypochondriac they can get the real syptoms from just thinking they had done that....

Comment

Aye, Love, someone who is hypochondriac to the extent that Rodney is can experience very real symptoms without actually having the reaction or illness. Rodney comes to me all th' time with symptoms for illnesses he'll likely never have and I've got to give 'im a placebo pill, a useless sugar capsule really, to make 'im think I'm treating 'im for the actual illness and calm 'im down so that the symptoms do go away...Hmm. I do suppose Aang's right, then. Sorry Jae'a, Love, I don't think I could let ye do that to Rodney no matter how much we've all wanted to at times...

There, that's the Carson I know and love. Do no harm and all that good old hippocratic oath...

Aye...y'know, for a genius, Rodney surely isn't too bright, he called it the hippopotamus oath the very first time I tried to explain it to 'im...*chuckle*

Comment

Yeah, you're right Carson, I could never actually go that far, even with Rodney. They're just very tempting thoughts... especially when he puts down your profession or picks on my Radek... or compares Ronon to a caveman... or insults/hits on Sam... or...

Aye...y'know, for a genius, Rodney surely isn't too bright, he called it the hippopotamus oath the very first time I tried to explain it to 'im...*chuckle*
                  Maybe he also watches The Simpsons like Jack O'Neill...

sigpic
                  >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                    Yeah, you're right Carson, I could never actually go that far, even with Rodney. They're just very tempting thoughts... especially when he puts down your profession or picks on my Radek... or compares Ronon to a caveman... or insults/hits on Sam... or...

Maybe he also watches The Simpsons like Jack O'Neill...
                    Well I've gotten used to the daft bugger, his tactless comments don't bother me much anymore. *smile*

And Sam, well, even his hallucination of her was quite the wise-ass and definitely tough enough to handle herself...and if Ronon really cared, he could have smashed Rodney's face in many times over by now. As to Radek...I like to think Radek is actually smarter seeing as he's had to save Rodney's butt at times.

*nods of agreement*

Comment

Oh, Radek is definitely smarter, as is Sam! Rodney's just jealous!

sigpic
                      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I've always known my Sammy was smarter than Rodney. *hugs Sam* She was my hero from the time I started watching SG-1 and I got so excited when she was supposed to take over and run Atlantis...until I realized that meant no more 'Lizabeth and that made me sad...but still, I do love some Sam Carter. She's my favorite SG-1 character.

Thanks Aang, you're nice. You should visit me over on the SG-1 threads sometime.

I probably will visit soon, if I can ever tear myself away from Atlantis...

Sorry Loves, that's ma fault. I've been keepin' Aang here wi' me...*sheepish grin*

Comment

*wanders into thread after waaaay too much sugar* Hullo lovelies. Happy holidays to everyone. What delicious pix and gifs and whatnot. I actually caught about half of Pauly's Christmas movie...did our lovely Hot Scot actually sing the song that brought his lovely angel back? Should I buy the movie when it's available? What else is Pauly up to these days? *grins* Did I mention I've had sugar? Loooots of sugar...and caffeine too. Yay!! hehe Nightmarepoet,sorry to hear you're sick. You could try a hot toddy like some of the gang suggested; I also do zinc lozenges (they taste nasty but really work),echinacea,vitamin C,and vitamin B. When I'm dealing with a sore throat I like to drink sparkling or carbonated water. Hope those help. More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                          sigpic

Comment

I've seen Christmas Magic 4 times this week alone. Our Pauly doesn't sing the song but It sure looks like he does, and I do think I would be trying to get it if or when it comes out on DVD.

I went a wee bit insane and posted a couple hundred pics of Carson/Pauly at least in the last 20 pages or so... though I haven't a clue, but Pauly was in a second episode of Once Upon a Time recently...other than that I haven't been stalking him as much as I should...

Comment

*grins* Nothing wrong with posting a couple hundred pix of our fave Scot. Pauly was in an eppy of Once Upon a Time huh? Um...I don't have a television,was he awesome? More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                              sigpic

Comment

He was the Knave of Hearts, for the second time. When I can be on my laptop, I do have a pic of him from that episode I thought he was adorable but then I tend to be obsessed

Comment

Working...
                                X