No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There can *never* be too many pictures of him!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

If you could find those pics sometime, that would be awesome! I'd seen them once before but I can't seem to find them now...xD -fails-

[e] Raven Thanks I might think of doing that if I get the time sometime soon
      Last edited by Aang; 26 October 2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Here's Pauly's little part in the 09 Star Trek movie...
        I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
        traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys! Long time no see. My fault. My computer crashed and I hate using my tablet.

Anyway... I spent most of the day yesterday around Paul! He's possibly the most charming man I've ever met. This was actually my second time meeting him this year. I sat next to him at the "Dog's Breakfast" breakfast in Vancouver this April.

Oh, so check this out... my mate Heather and I walked up to his autograph booth at Austin Comic Con about twenty minutes after he got there. There were barely any other people around, so we didn't wait but two minutes to get to the table. As soon as we approached him, I smiled and said "Heya, Paul! What's up?". He smiled back and goes, "Hey! Geoi!", then pointed to my friend and goes, "Heather, right?". We pretty much geeked ourselves right there. We spent about ten or fifteen minutes talking with him, got our autographs, and then parted ways for the next two hours.

The photo-op was pretty much the same deal. There were only three people in his line, and Heather and I were two of them. I went first. I walked over to him and asked if I could have a hug. Paul gave me one of those Beckett "oh please" looks and goes, "Of course", and put his arms out. Okay, this hug was the Bomb! it was like one of those rare, full-body hugs. He wrapped his arms around me and just held me SO close for like five seconds. He smelled so good too. Then we posed for the photo while still hugging. It was messed up cos of my hat, so, whilst still in his arms, I threw my hat off and got another photo. Then he squeezed me harder again and I stepped away and waited for my friend to get her photos done. On the real, I was in his arms for like a full minute at least!

Then, we went to his panel. He laid out a bit of his personal history for us, talked about getting into acting and how his family felt about it, shared a few fun anecdotes with us, answered some questions, and then did his trivia challenge with prizes he brought. One of the questions was, "what was the name of the little boy in the first episope". I raised my hand and started stuttering as I couldn't get the answer out. Nerves. Blargh. Finally, I muttered out, "Jinto.", and Paul goes, "Aww, close, but no.". I was like WTF? The dude behind me said "Jinto" and Paul goes, "That's it!" I was like, WTFF?? The moderator looks at me and asked what I said. I said, "Jinto", and Paul goes, "oh, I thought you said Jinso". Then Paul was like, "I'm sorry, Geoi. I'll get you something and sign it for you.". I told him, "No, it's alright, man. You've been so awesome to me already.". Then Paul was kind of insisting, so I said, " No, you gave me a really great hug, so I'm good.". Paul leans onto the podium and goes, "Aw, are ya trying to make me cry? I tell you what, I know what I've got for you." He started digging around in his pants pocket, and goes, "I've got it on right now." He pulls out this little Stargate badge and says, "I got this at the very first comic con I went to. I'll sign it and give it to you."

We talked for a few more minutes. I told him, "Aw, Paulie, I feel kinda bad now." He asked why. I said, "cos I don't wanna take your keepsake." He goes, "oh don't worry about it, I'm happy to be giving it to you." We wrapped it up and said our goodbyes and left.

I'm still like OMG about it. He was amazing. I'm SO lucky.
          sigpic
          "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

My photo-op. I think I'll get another one today. I don't like myself in this one.

This is the badge he gave me!

Last edited by Geoi McKay; 27 October 2012, 06:24 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
              I smiled and said "Heya, Paul! What's up?". He smiled back and goes, "Hey! Geoi!", then pointed to my friend and goes, "Heather, right?".
              Omg that's so awesome that he remembers you both

asked if I could have a hug. Paul gave me one of those Beckett "oh please" looks and goes, "Of course", and put his arms out. Okay, this hug was the Bomb! it was like one of those rare, full-body hugs. He wrapped his arms around me and just held me SO close for like five seconds. He smelled so good too.
              wow it is definitely true then, that he gives the most amazing hugs ever! so glad for you!

Then Paul was like, "I'm sorry, Geoi. I'll get you something and sign it for you.". I told him, "No, it's alright, man. You've been so awesome to me already.". Then Paul was kind of insisting, so I said, " No, you gave me a really great hug, so I'm good.". Paul leans onto the podium and goes, "Aw, are ya trying to make me cry? I tell you what, I know what I've got for you." He started digging around in his pants pocket, and goes, "I've got it on right now." He pulls out this little Stargate badge and says, "I got this at the very first comic con I went to. I'll sign it and give it to you."

We talked for a few more minutes. I told him, "Aw, Paulie, I feel kinda bad now." He asked why. I said, "cos I don't wanna take your keepsake." He goes, "oh don't worry about it, I'm happy to be giving it to you."
              Ok that man is just the sweetest, loving, caring & most adorable person ever, to be that insistent on giving you that, coz he felt bad... naaawww

I'm still like OMG about it. He was amazing. I'm SO lucky.
              Yes you are! I would still be in aww for a week!!

I'm so glad you had heaps of fun! I can't wait for my experience
              traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
                Omg that's so awesome that he remembers you both
                I know! He even said my name properly! Like, "joey". He said he has a crazy memory.

Originally posted by mcbecklover
                wow it is definitely true then, that he gives the most amazing hugs ever! so glad for you!
                OMG, yes! And his back is so tight and muscled up! He's well fit. :-)

Ok that man is just the sweetest, loving, caring & most adorable person ever, to be that insistent on giving you that, coz he felt bad... naaawww
                That still just blows me away. He's so considerate and kind. Just a beautiful person.

Yes you are! I would still be in aww for a week!!

I'm so glad you had heaps of fun! I can't wait for my experience
                I hope you get to meet him soon! He's lovely. :-)
                Last edited by Geoi McKay; 27 October 2012, 04:45 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
                  I know! He even said my name properly! Like, "joey". He said he has a crazy memory.
                  That's just amazing, I love his mind

Originally posted by Geoi McKay
                  OMG, yes! And his back is so tight and muscled up! He's well fit. :-)
                  Omg are you trying to kill me!? My mind is going crazy now! lol

That still just blows me away. He's so considerate and kind. Just a beautiful person.
                  Definitely sounds it!

I hope you get to meet him soon! He's lovely. :-)
                  I do really hope so too! I'm so in love with the guy, & I haven't even met him yet! :/
                  I hope he comes to Australia again next year, I will not miss him a second time!!!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

woo, so what was the question that won Heather the mug?

sigpic

Comment

WELL.

This was a lovely surprise to wake up to. I just read Geoi's whole post and I found myself 'D'AWWW'ing so many times. Paul sounds so incredibly sweet

I am now even more convinced than ever that I -will- be heading for Dragon Con in 2013 if Pauly does go.

Comment

I love this
                          I want to do a photo op like this with him, but with just me & him

sigpic

Comment

Hehe! Looks like he's having fun

...I'm talking to my best friend right now, asking how she'd feel about being dragged to a convention just so I can meet Paul xD She likes him too (now that I made her watch Poisoning the Well, Irresistible and Rising 1 & 2, and then made her watch a couple of other Pauly videos) so I don't think it'll take much convincing. Of course Cuddly Carson would be making the trip with us as well.

Comment

What do you think of my T-shirt design? I designed it ages ago, but never went through with actually getting it made.
                              I will one day make it & wear it to a con that Paul will attend

Sorry crap quality, I used my phone to take a pic of my screen, as I cant figure out print screen

[e] Oh and "Dalek Skeet" is my twitter name btw

sigpic

Comment

Oooo I like it! Nice poem and a gorgeous shot of Pauly that really shows those gorgeous eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X