• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arlessiar
    WELCOME to this thread
    Imo and majortrip !!!
    Yeah for new Carson/Paul thunkers!
    Imo - love your sig, I adore Guybrush Threepwood!
    hehehe, Guybrush is my hero
    Originally posted by Drwho'srose
    Hi Imo. Ah, yes I was wondering if you would make an appearance.
    What can I say, I'm a naural born lurker

Thanks for the warm welcome guy's

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
    DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial
      WELCOME Imo!! Yay! So you've finally jumped into our CB/PM fun-loving gutter thread!
      well Celestial, how could I resist, plus I've always had a weakness for Scotts

And here's a picture to formally welcome you to this Thread

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...B/1592e54c.jpg

Gotta love that smile! *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
      Oh dear I've gone weak at the knees What a smile *sigh*

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
      DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Well at least Paul/Carson are still here. Just checking.

Dimple.

Can't beat the classics. What? I don't know it is 3am! I should be in bed.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
          Can you say where these are from? Thanks!
          lol...dont mind unowho...she was too busy fetching a mop to wipe up the drool and an icepack for that mild concussion she suffered thunking! Yep they're from my site (where else would they be from??), dont worry you guys shower enough praise on me & my site, no need to say all the time where ya got them from!

*hugs*

watcher652 glad to hear you've found some fellow fans & are having fun! Looking forward to the photos and stories!!

TJ

Comment

Oh and here's a little treat for all those not able to be lucky enough to be in Atlanta! TGIF! (I got the season boxset of Sliders...for got how much I enjoyed that show...even if it is pure scifi cheese!!)

TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial
              Hey A. Love my new sig! Thanks so much!
              Glad you like it!

Girls, do you want to KILL me? I open the last page of this thread, look at the latest posts, see things like that
              Originally posted by unowhoandwhy
              and the floor greets me faster than I can say "OMG"! Big thunk here.
              No matter how often I have looked at these pics, I still get all dizzy and shaky and... *thunk* ...not again... *gets up from the floor again*

Hey, I have free wireless internet at my hotel! Cool (if somewhat slow).
              Just to let you know, Paul is here at the con. I heard of 2 sightings. He was apparently at some VIP function for "eternal members".
              Tomorrow - maybe I meet Paul!
              Good to see you online, watcher! Thanks for sharing your first impressions. Hope you have a great day tomorrow! I'm nearly as excited as you are, hope you get to see him! And don't turn into a puddle on the floor then, you still have to do a report!
              Too bad I can't be online tomorrow evening...

Bye, A., off to see "Instinct" - finally
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Hi Everyone!!

Long time no thunk!

Unfortuneatly, ALL my responses to ALL the threads I hit on GW were erased during the last GW crash. For the last few nights, either my posts are lost, or I can READ but can't post (I hit the Post Reply button and get Page Cannot Be Displayed)....just want you all to know I haven't been avoiding GW!!

Where do I begin! As Arlessiar said, its a JUNGLE of thunkage!

Let me add my

**WELCOME!!**

to new Carson-Thunkers IMO and MAJORTRIP!!!
                more thunkers = more piccies = **squee!**

I would like to thank unowhoandwhy and Celestial for
                SHIRTLESS PAUL!!
                You probably both know by now that I'm a MAJOR proponent of any and all SHIRTLESS Paul images and think Stargate Atlantis would benefit greatly from SHIRTLESS Carson-liciousness. (not gratuitous shirtlessness, you understand, just chest nekkidness that was....dramatically relevant !)

Glad to hear you're having a great time, Watcher652. I DID post a question in response to your open call, but I think maybe it got erased!
                Have fun, and bring piccies!!

AT

Oh! Are we supposed to post pics? -innocent smile-

I know it's a repeat, but -sigh- the Eyes of Sex!!!
                thistledown
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thistledown
                  Unfortuneatly, ALL my responses to ALL the threads I hit on GW were erased during the last GW crash. For the last few nights, either my posts are lost, or I can READ but can't post (I hit the Post Reply button and get Page Cannot Be Displayed)....just want you all to know I haven't been avoiding GW!!
                  Good to have you here again! I was already missing someone mentioning the EYES OF..., well, you know.

But what do you mean, all your posts are lost? I can still see all your old posts. Or were they restored somehow and are now visible again?

I have just seen "Instinct", and I'll go to bed now with many Carson (and Rodney) pics in my mind! Happy, happy!

Bye, A.

Comment

Originally posted by thistledown
                    I would like to thank unowhoandwhy and Celestial for
                    SHIRTLESS PAUL!!
                    LOL... anything I can do to help a fellow Paul/Carson thunker!

But, you just wait till "See Grace Fly" FINALLY comes out on DVD and TJ puts up screencaps of NEARLY NEKKID PAULY!!

Yep, that's right, I said, "NEARLY NEKKID PAULY!!"

**reads what she wrote**
                    **drools**
                    **faints**
                    **recovers**

Ah, those words "nearly nekkid Pauly" all together are music to my ears... and to my shallow little eyes & heart as well!

Remembers scenes from See Grace Fly... ah... I...

**drools**
                    **drools**
                    **drools**
                    **drools**
                    **drools**
                    **swoons**

And let's hope that third time is the charm on this post, as GW keeps freezing & closing on me!!!

Comment

Ok, my fellow thunkers. It's 4:30am and I really should be in bed. But, here's a report, as promised.

The show opened at 1pm and I was in the autograph line about 1:30. Went straight to Paul, of course. Got a whole slew of autographs from him and he was very gracious in signing them all. I refuse to confess to you how much money I shoved at him (well, actually the guest handlers deal with the money). A lot of the actors were also charging a small fee, like $5 ot $10 to get a photo taken with them and donating the proceeds to the American Red Cross. Paul was one of those and I gladly made my donation for a photo with.

What a charming man! Lovely to look at, of course. So much more handsome in person, not that he isn't something to look at on screen. And yes, the camera does put on some weight. I'm always surprised at how much thinner actors are in person. And I was just taken with his normal, non-Scottish accent.

I told him that I was a poster on his Thunk thread. He did know he had one. I forgot my paper with your questions so they didn't get asked. But I did have to ask him the obivious one, "how was it like kissing David?" His reply, "David kissed me!" and he laughed. I then asked him about the chocolate and flowers that David said Paul had sent him (it could have been a funny joke). But, no chocolate or flowers from Paul.

I was quite giddy about meeting him. I'm a fast, non-stop talker (yes, you can say I babble) and I just rambled on. He was very understanding and let me just go on until he had another fan come up.

I made the rounds to the other actors. Then I went to the nearby mall that's attached to one of the con hotels. It has a camera store and I printed my photos with Paul and the other actors I posed with. Then it was another trip back to get all those signed. Stopping back at Paul first, of course.

Somewhere in there was another visit as I went around getting my other autographs. I noticed he didn't have anyone talking to him and I just had to go back. Couldn't just let the man relax with his thoughts for a moment.
                      I actually know the person who's Paul's guest handler, so one of the visits was actually to speak with her!

During one of the visits Paul and I had a bit of a discussion about his Scottish accent when someone came up and commented on it. I forget if the man thought his accent was too think or not thick enough. Just something not right, I think he said, he having lived in Scotland for 3 years. Maybe he said he thought it was too thick because Paul demonstrated to the gentleman what a really thick accent sounded like.

After the gentleman left, I told Paul I didn't understand the number of people who question his accent. To my American ears, Beckett sounds typically Scottish. And with just a little research, anyone can find out that Paul was born in Scotland and spent his early years there and has relatives back there. All his Scottish relatives think his accent is just fine. I asked if he's toned it down a bit from the first episode, because it doesn't sound as strong (not that it was that strong to begin with) and I think he said that maybe he has just a little.

This lead to a discussion about accents in general and I asked him if there was a big difference in East and West Coast Canadian accents, because I notice that he and David don't sound "Canadian" to me at all and I know they're from the East Coast. And he said, yes, there is definitely a big difference and then did some different Canadian accents. Also, he was brought up very near the American border.

I mentioned that it was funny that Torri sounds so Canadian to me and she's supposed to be American, yet David has no accent to me and he's supposed to be Canadian. The only Canadian-isms he has is Zed, but that's everybody in the world except for America, and "bean" for "been" instead of the typically American "bin". But I just pretend Elizabeth is from Minnesota, because the Minnesota accent sounds very Canadian to me.

I hope Paul didn't think I was pestering him. I was just, well, so taken by him. All told I stopped by his table 4 times. I rather abused his good nature, I think. But he didn't seem to mind because at the last visit as he was packing up, he said, "see you tomorrow".

Later, late in the evening, or early in the morning, actually, I found I had missed him in the bar. He apparently came in with Connor Trinneer, Chief Engineer Trip Tucker on Enterprise and Chris Owens, Agent Spender on the X Files. I think I was actually in the bar when they were there, but I was with some friends at the other end and didn't see him. I did see Daniel Logan, young Boba Fett from Star Wars, so I did manage one star spotting.

Good heavens, it's now 5:30! Time to call it a night! I have to get up in 3 hours. I'm keeping McKay time!

I hope I got all the details right, I was very excited meeting Paul and I'm not one who can commit conversations to memory. Paul, if you ever see this, I apologize if I got anything wrong.
                      Last edited by watcher652; 04 September 2005, 02:18 AM. Reason: Chris Owens, not Dean Haglund.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I had to make this bit a separate post. I asked Paul if he didn't mind my taking a photo of him for the thread. Here it is.

I asked if he had anything to say to you all. He said to say, "You're amazing, fantastic, and sexy, naughty ladies!"

There you go!

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

But, you just wait till "See Grace Fly" FINALLY comes out on DVD and TJ puts up screencaps of NEARLY NEKKID PAULY!!

Yep, that's right, I said, "NEARLY NEKKID PAULY!!"
                          **teehee!**HaHa!**He, haaa- umm..** OH!

THUNK.

And let's hope that third time is the charm on this post, as GW keeps freezing & closing on me!!!
                          Glad I'm not the only one! Sheesh!

AT
                          thistledown
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok, my fellow thunkers. It's 4:30am and I really should be in bed. But, here's a report, as promised.
                            THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Sadly I don't have much time and can't comment on everything, but I'm so happy for you that you saw him and talked to him, and I thank you so much for your report!
                            It sounds as if he's as lovely and charming as I imagine him to be!
                            I told him that I was a poster on his Thunk thread. He did know he had one. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...3882_edit2.jpg
                            I asked if he had anything to say to you all. He said to say, "You're amazing, fantastic, and sexy, naughty ladies!"
                            There you go!
                            This is just great! What a nice pic! And a perfect background!
                            So he knows that there's a bunch of crazy, crazy women who adore him? Hehe.
                            And who's the naughty one here, hm? I'd say it makes perfect sense: Naughty boy - naughty fangirls!
                            Good heavens, it's now 5:30! Time to call it a night! I have to get up in 3 hours.
                            Sleep well! Sweet dreams!

Thanks again!
                            Bye, A.

Comment

Oh Watcher652 Thank you, Thank you, that was just amazing. 4 times!

What a charming man! Lovely to look at, of course. So much more handsome in person, not that he isn't something to look at on screen.
                              Wow, it is nice to know he really is that charming and well, as nice in person. Of course the good looking thing.
                              I told him that I was a poster on his Thunk thread. He did know he had one.
                              I feel somewhat unsettled about him being aware of us! I will have to refrain a little from my usual *Thunk* activity ah, who am I kidding. Of course you have been very tame on this *Thunk* so I guess you don't mind him dropping in once and a while...but for some.
                              I was quite giddy about meeting him. I'm a fast, non-stop talker (yes, you can say I babble) and I just rambled on. He was very understanding and let me just go on until he had another fan come up.

Stopping back at Paul first, of course.
                              Somewhere in there was another visit as I went around getting my other autographs. I noticed he didn't have anyone talking to him and I just had to go back. Couldn't just let the man relax with his thoughts for a moment.
                              Well I can't blame you but it dose sound a little like a real *Thunk* fan girl is coming out is David Hewlett in trouble? Has Paul stolen you for good?
                              During one of the visits Paul and I had a bit of a discussion about his Scottish accent when someone came up and commented on it. I forget if the man thought his accent was too think or not thick enough. Just something not right, I think he said, he having lived in Scotland for 3 years. Maybe he said he thought it was too thick because Paul demonstrated to the gentleman what a really thick accent sounded like.
                              Wow, you really did take it up to him didn't you? Haha. That is great I remember our little discussion about DH on the *Thunk* and I personally think Paul's accent is light. If you had watched as much Hamish McBeth as I have, now they have thick accents, so much so that I thought at one stage they should of had subtitles. But of course people need to be able to easily understand him or there would be complaints.
                              Good heavens, it's now 5:30! Time to call it a night! I have to get up in 3 hours. I'm keeping McKay time! I hope I got all the details right, I was very excited meeting Paul and I'm not one who can commit conversations to memory. Paul, if you ever see this, I apologize if I got anything wrong.
                              watcher652 you rest up and have lots of sweet Paul inspired dreams. I am sure Paul wouldn't mind if something got muddle or whatever. And if Paul ever does see any of this I will just die. Can I say it again?

Four times! 4 times! Greedy much? Haha, you lucky girl. I want to meet you now because you met him! ROFL 4 Times!

Comment

I had to make this bit a separate post. I asked Paul if he didn't mind my taking a photo of him for the thread. Here it is.

There you go!
                                Ooh How could I forget about this?!? I am sure no-one minds my not urling it?

I bet he says that to ALL the girls. I also bet he means it. And you know, dam straight. Hmm, Did he really say naughty? Haha, well he is still my naughty, naughty boy.

watcher652 I will green as soon as I can and possibly again, we are so not worthy. My is it getting hot in here?

Comment

Working...
                                X