No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th of January? That should be easy to remember as that's my dad's birthday and not quite two weeks before my birthday. It's not too early to think about finding out his favorite charity to donate to like some of us over on the McKay/Hewlett thunk thread did. TJuk.. you've got the unofficial site... do you happen to know what it is?

Comment

Dr. Beckett on page 2....time to bump him up to page 1 again....

hmm...I'm page 2 again...och, now me fanlasses, where are ya's?
      Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
      and Captain Jack Harkness
      Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
      Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
      Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
      I live here.....Calling All Australians?
      My other home...Stargate Down Under
      My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Well, you're all so busy thunking, I guess I'll just have to think of some good questions for Paul myself. I just printed the DragonCon schedule and I see I have 3 opportunities to catch him speaking at the convention. And somewhere in all of that he'll be doing autographs.

It's my first time at DragonCon, so I'll have to figure out how things go. Looks like you have multiple times to hear people speak because there is so much going on, your wait for an autograph will probably conflict with a speaking appearance by someone else you're interested in. Or speakers conflicting with other speakers. I see this is going to be hard to schedule!

I only have 2 season 1 photos for him to sign, a cast one and an individual one. Lucky they had one of those seeing he wasn't a main cast member in the first season. I haven't seen any of the season 2 photos for sale yet and I was just at a Creation Stargate convention. I hope they'll have them available at DragonCon.

Joe Flanigan had commented in his Gateworld interview that he's way behind in his fan mail because he hasn't be given photos to send. I hope Paul has better luck.

I kinda like this one the best, but it's not very Carson. Looks very Paul. With that blue shirt, it does makes me think of geneticist Carson, not doctor Carson.

Do you know that Carson's Gateworld bio has Carson down as a biologist as well as a medical doctor? I guess he's a biologist in a general sense, but I always think of him as a doctor and a geneticist.

This next photo is more like the good doctor, but it doesn't have that look of concern he always has. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen the doctor with that particular look on his face.

And yes, why didn't they photoshop their marks out of the picture? Gee, how posed do you want these photos to seem?

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
          Well, you're all so busy thunking, I guess I'll just have to think of some good questions for Paul myself.
          I'm sorry watcher, I must have missed the post in which you asked about possible questions for PM. You're right, must have been the hard thunking!
          I thought about the things I would like to ask him so here are some suggestions:
          I'd love to know whether all the clothes he wears on the show are chosen by the costume department or if he/the actors have a personal influence on what they wear in scenes which show their character in private. I mean, just think about Carson's dark shirts! *thunk*

OK, where was I? Ah, yes, questions. It could also be interesting to know how PM sees the way his character develops. Many fans think that his role isn't nearly big enough for the fact that he's a regular now, and that CB loses his image as the caring and careful doctor (especially after "Instinct").
          I know that PM always speaks very highly about everything concerning his job and that he likes being on the show, and I also doubt that he'll openly criticize anything concerning the show on a con. But I'd really love to know if he's alright or pleased with everything that happens with his character.

And of course I'd like to know if he ever visited this forum and his thunk thread (you knew I had to mention that)!

Watcher, please tell him that he's an adorable man and a great actor and that he has many fans here on this board!
          Do you know that Carson's Gateworld bio has Carson down as a biologist as well as a medical doctor? I guess he's a biologist in a general sense, but I always think of him as a doctor and a geneticist.
          Ah yes, the old profession discussion. I hate it that it's never defined on the show what he really is. He's a general physician. He does autopsies. He does minor surgery. He discovered the ATA gene/seems to be a geneticist. He knows a lot about virology. And now also biology in general?
          Yes, I think he's a smart man and can do a lot of things, but I'd really like to hear a definition.

I fear that's becoming OT on this thread.
          Bye, A.
          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
            5th of January? That should be easy to remember as that's my dad's birthday and not quite two weeks before my birthday. It's not too early to think about finding out his favorite charity to donate to like some of us over on the McKay/Hewlett thunk thread did. TJuk.. you've got the unofficial site... do you happen to know what it is?
            Yep, his birthday is January 5th, no official birth year, I'm sure if he wanted people to know he would have said it somewhere by now. You could get someone to ask at DragonCon about a org to donate to but they do sell his autography at www.stargate-autographs.com (part of Legends Memoribelia) all profits going to his chosen charity which is listed as the 'Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation'.

watcher652 I think Beckett's specialities are listed as 'Xenobiology' and 'Genetics' (obviously), he must also have emergency and general medical practice training. A question I'd ask would be on the lines of what Ivon Bartok said in his blog, about Paul reinacting the phonecall to his parents when he got the part, ask for a preview (gonna ask for that in Nov!)!! Its going to be part of the Pauly Profile they're doing for season 2's DVDs.

He has a wickedly cheeky (see 'naughty') sense of humour, so any comedy questions will no doubt result in a good laugh...oh and be ready for the 'single' annoument he seems fond of doing before you ask a question, witty replies usually go down a storm. Just dont do what I did, come out with a good one (aka a marriage propsal) and then loose my nerve and mumble/gush like a dork! D'oh!!

I'm sure there will be plenty of photos to buy at the con and be careful they usually charge for 'personal items' aka anything not 'officially' bought at the cons.

And be gentle with me poor wee Pauly ok? hehehe

TJ
            Last edited by TJuk; 30 August 2005, 02:38 AM.

Comment

I...unhhhh...

Paul...unhhhh...

Carson...unhhhh...

I'm sorry, there have been too many photos since last checked in to drool...er, admire... that my brain has stopped working properly...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

Paul, Paul & more Paul!

Comment

I just posted this pic of our beloved sweetheart at the LCLA thread, and since there can never be enough Beckett in this world I post it here, too.

Bye, A.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Ohhh...I love it when he get's "a wee bit emotional"
                  Do you remember? Hopping for our lives. Yeah? All that hopping? Remember hopping for your life? Yeah?! Hop? ... No?

Comment

Well, you're all so busy thunking, I guess I'll just have to think of some good questions for Paul myself.
                    GUILTY! **looks sheepish**

I apologise for not promptly responding, but I truly have no idea what I would ask him! Everything I can think of is either so ordinary and openended I'm sure others have asked him a hundred times ("so, how do you like working on a regular series"), or so personal that as much as I'm curious I really don't think it's any of my business! ("so, do you sleep naked?")

Hmmmmm.

Perhaps something work oriented, but specific (like Arlessiar's question about the clothes)...Carson really hasn't interacted with many other characters besides Rodney other than in a professional capacity. Given that being around different people brings out different aspects of us, are there any other characters that Paul would like to see Carson interact with more because the dynamic would be especially intriguing character-wise? (not necessarily a romantic interaction - anything non-professional. Start seeing Carson having a weekly chess game with Zelenka, or trading cooking nights with Weir....any particular CHARACTER that he thinks would bring out an unexamined facet of Carson.

Thanks for the open offer of questions! It's very good of you! Have a GREAT time and take TONS of piccies!

AT
                    thistledown
                    sigpic

Comment

Thunk...

Sorry, that's all I've got at the mo, but isn't that enough?! It IS Carson/Paul after all!!

Comment

OK, OK, apparently that ISN'T enough, so here ya go (from TJ's site):

THUNK!!!

What a sweet smile he has! And I LURVE a man in uniform!

THUNK!!!

He looks so sad! Poor baby, come here and let me make you feel better!

THUNK!!!

Do I REALLY need to say anything??!!

THUNK!!!

Ohmigawd, you could SWIM in that dimple!!

THUNK!!!

Back off, chickie! I saw him first!

THUNK!!!

What a smile!

Comment

Those arms..*sigh*THUNK!

Comment

Originally posted by unowhoandwhy
                            OK, OK, apparently that ISN'T enough, so here ya go (from TJ's site).

THUNK!!!

Do I REALLY need to say anything??!!

THUNK!!!
                            OMG! Oh, no you don't need to say another thing. *Drools* Happily swimming in the gutter.

Comment

I'm off to DragonCon to see Paul. I don't know what the internet environment is at the hotel I'm staying at, so you may not hear frome until next Tues!

Some caps for the road. From Instinct.

Duet.

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Bye watcher652 have fun. Blow him a kiss for me! Or if you get close enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X