No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol... whumpy team fics are my specialty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
      lol, it doesn't have to be perfect to be worthy of posting for public consumption. I made some suggestions, most of which shouldn't take too long to resolve, and you don't have to follow all my suggestions or even agree with them. Personally, I'm pretty picky about my own work being "perfect", which too often leads to writer's block. There are a lot of things about the fics I've written that I don't particularly like either, but it would require so much work to change, I'm not sure I can be bothered to go back and do it. Perhaps I'll just see if I can inspire myself to write a new Beckett / McKay / Sheppard fic like in the old days... if only I had a plot bunny to work with. lol
      Same here. I can't let my fics out until I am sure they are as perfect as I can make them. I don't let them loose on the unsuspecting public until they are finished to my satisfaction. There's nothing wrong with being picky about your work.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
        lol, it doesn't have to be perfect to be worthy of posting for public consumption. I made some suggestions, most of which shouldn't take too long to resolve, and you don't have to follow all my suggestions or even agree with them. Personally, I'm pretty picky about my own work being "perfect", which too often leads to writer's block. There are a lot of things about the fics I've written that I don't particularly like either, but it would require so much work to change, I'm not sure I can be bothered to go back and do it. Perhaps I'll just see if I can inspire myself to write a new Beckett / McKay / Sheppard fic like in the old days... if only I had a plot bunny to work with. lol
        I'm not aiming for perfect, necessarily; I'll be happy if it's just relatively entertaining & not stupid!
        And I'd be happy to read more Atlantis fics from you, Jersey13.... although, I still haven't finished reading all your current ones yet!
        Also, I'm still a newbie when it comes to fan-fics (both reading & writing them), so what's a "plot bunny"??

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
        Same here. I can't let my fics out until I am sure they are as perfect as I can make them. I don't let them loose on the unsuspecting public until they are finished to my satisfaction. There's nothing wrong with being picky about your work.
        Well, I'm definitely picky about spelling/grammar/punctuation etc. I also want my fic to at least make sense & fit in with the style of the show (allowing for a little creative licence, of course).

Feel the love.
        dolfyn.
        Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

lol, I didn't think it was stupid. Even my fics need a lot of work when they're hot off the press. Try not to worry about it too much, and just concentrate on telling the best story you can. I get so jealous when I read and re-read some of the fics written by people like Sholio (Friendshipper on LJ), 'cause they're so good that I'm green with envy at their badazz skillz. It's too bad that it doesn't seem like she's done anything SG of late.

A 'plot bunny' is just a cute euphamism that some people like to use instead of 'story idea'. I think people also like using the word "bunny" because rabbits tend to multiply very quickly. Hope springs eternal, eh?

Comment

Girls, I think you should check this out: http://www.facebook.com/pages/A70-TH...50137555670494

*Feels extra-proud to be Scottish*
            Newly liberated multi-thunker
            http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
            Julia xx

Comment

*nods sagely* Great points about writing. I write cuz it's part of who I am and I enjoy the creative process. Dolfyn,you'll do fine with your fic. I'm a newbie too when it comes to posting...I just established a ff.net account so I can start posting my daftness. lol *smirks* So whumpy plot bunnies inspire ya huh Jersey? *rubs chin thoughtfully* Lemme put my whumper's thinking cap on and see what daftness I can come up with. It's Wednesday!! How's about some Hot Scot shots to celebrate? *cough hint* hehe Woohoo!! }:O
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                *nods sagely* Great points about writing. I write cuz it's part of who I am and I enjoy the creative process. Dolfyn,you'll do fine with your fic. I'm a newbie too when it comes to posting...I just established a ff.net account so I can start posting my daftness. lol *smirks* So whumpy plot bunnies inspire ya huh Jersey? *rubs chin thoughtfully* Lemme put my whumper's thinking cap on and see what daftness I can come up with. It's Wednesday!! How's about some Hot Scot shots to celebrate? *cough hint* hehe Woohoo!! }:O
                YAY for you, Crimsonravenwolf!
                You've just taken your first step into a larger world.
                Have fun with your fics!
                sigpic

Comment

*blushes and scuffs toe in the dirt* Thanks Lady S!! How's about some Hot Scot shots to celebrate? *cough hint* Woohoo!! }:O
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mirela View Post
                    Girls, I think you should check this out: http://www.facebook.com/pages/A70-TH...50137555670494
                    *Feels extra-proud to be Scottish*
                    Oh wow! That's freakin' AWESOME! I can't wait for this movie!

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
                    YAY for you, Crimsonravenwolf!
                    You've just taken your first step into a larger world.
                    Bahaha! I love a Star Wars reference.

Feel the love.
                    dolfyn.
                    Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

*waves weakly from the floor* M'fine. Viewed the link Mirela posted,blew up my brain cell. *high fives Paul for this new role* Can't wait to see our Hot Scot onscreen again. How's about some pix to celebrate? *cough hint cough hint* Woohoo!! }:O
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey Carson addicts!

Hello there.
                        sigpic

Comment

GUH. Wicked pic Lady S. Did I mention GUH? lol More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                          sigpic

Comment

I really need to upload more Carson/Paul pics. *sigh*

I'm too sexy for this thread.
                            sigpic

Comment

*waves weakly from the floor* M'fine. Lady S killed my brain cell with that wicked pic ficlet. GUH. *smirks* Of course our Hot Scot is too sexy...for his shirt. Too sexy for his land. *glares at Lady S* Great,now I've got 'I'm Too Sexy' running through my head but with Paul modeling the song,it's not too bad. lol More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X