Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Achoo! *brushes off the piles of dust coating me*

I'm back! Did y'all miss me? (Someone better have!)

So...what's happening? Glad to see Carson fanfic is abounding. Can never get enough Carson-filled-fic.
    sigpic

Comment

*glomps Postie* How are ya sweetie? Glad to see ya back in Carson land. Have ya seen the pic of Paul from his movie Hansel and Gretel? Cuz...holy GUH Paul's hawt and scruffy. Course I wanted to see Paul wearing a pair of short shorts as Hansel but hawt,scruffy Paul works too. hehe More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!!
      }:O
      sigpic

Comment

lol... I don't mind sharing if people genuinely wanna know. But if I become a famous writer some day, don't y'all blackmail me! Look for "Recognizer".

Comment

*big cheeky grin* Thanks Jersey!! Can't wait to find your Wraithbait fics!! More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
            Well, honestly, waiting until you're done sort of defeats the purpose of having a beta IMO. Are you really going to be all that motivated to potentially make major changes to it after you've already written it all? When I had a beta, it was really difficult for me just to be able to dump most or even all of some chapter I had just written because my beta told me that it just didn't fit the flow of the story, and she was usually right. So I highly suggest doing it as you write it, unless you're the type to procrastinate a lot. If you would like to email me anything, I can be reached using the address cpotee at gmail dot com.
            Well, that makes sense. I wasn't sure, because as I said, it's my very first fan-fic. I'm just happy to have guidance & input from a more seasoned fan-fic writer (who's also very good & a fellow Carson fan). So, thanks again!
            I am a procrastinator with some things, but can't be when it comes to being creative. It took a couple of months for my story to really form & bubble to the surface of my imagination, but once that happens, I have to get it onto "paper" as soon as I can. It stays on my mind pretty constantly otherwise.
            I'll email you in the next day or so, Jersey13.

Feel the love.
            dolfyn.
            Last edited by dolfyn; 23 June 2010, 08:13 PM.
            Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

*does happy dance* Can't wait for ya to post your first fic Dolfyn!! How's about some Hot Scot shots to keep your imagination sharp? *smirks* What? Paul started it. lol My excuse,sticking to it. Woohoo!! }:O
              sigpic

Comment

Where are the thunkers? *dangles shirtless Pauly to attract anyone lurking* What? *points to shirtless Pauly* It's freaking hot outside and I thought Paul'd be more comfortable sans shirt. *cheeky grin* My excuse,sticking to it. More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                sigpic

Comment

Hello, Thunkers!

I've been watching Stargate solidly all weekend. I finished season 10 of SG-1 & season 3 of Atlantis. Then, I watched Stargate: The Ark of Truth for the first time, & very much enjoyed it. Since then, I've been powering my way through season 4 of Atlantis & I'm finally up to The Kindred parts 1 & 2 (yaaayyy, the return of the best character!! ). Apparently, the best time to watch Stargate: Continuum is after SGA's season 5 episode The Seed.
                  So yeah, it's been wall-to-wall Stargate! I haven't even had time to continue writing my fan-fic. (Bad me! *smacks own hand* ) I must get back to it soon though, because it's beating at the sides of my imagination!

Anyway, here's a Carson-pretty.

Feel the love.
                  dolfyn.

Comment

*glomps Dolfyn* Good to see ya back in these parts. You were involved in some heavy research with Atlantis and the SG1 movies for your fic. *cheeky grin* Well,that's how I'd see it. *dangles shirtless Pauly to inspire your creativity* hehe What? *points to shirtless Paul* He started it. lol More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                    sigpic

Comment

I've emailed Jersey13 a copy of what I've written so far of my fan-fic. *waits nervously for feedback*

Feel the love.
                      dolfyn.

Comment

*does happy dance* Glad to hear it Dolfyn!! Can't wait til ya post it!! *smirks* So the shirtless Pauly bait inspired ya huh? hehe What a lovely thought. More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                        sigpic

Comment

*sigh* I envy you, dolfyn!

Wish I had the time to lose myself in a SG-1/SGA marathon of yummy goodness! Stupid RL always gets in the way.

Wait a minute...SG-1 as well?
                          I'm sure SGA is her favorite, colonel.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
                            *sigh* I envy you, dolfyn!
                            Wish I had the time to lose myself in a SG-1/SGA marathon of yummy goodness! Stupid RL always gets in the way.
                            Nah, I just have no life!
                            Seriously, don't envy me.

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post

Wait a minute...SG-1 as well?
                            I'm sure SGA is her favorite, colonel.
                            Bahahaha! I love it!
                            Hhmmm. I'm truly torn between SG-1 & Atlantis because I love both shows; although, Carson Beckett is my ultimate favourite character. I adore him!

In other news: it seems I have some work to do on my fan-fic before it's fit for public consumption.
                            I'll keep you all posted on the progress....

Feel the love.
                            dolfyn.

Comment

Originally posted by dolfyn View Post
                              In other news: it seems I have some work to do on my fan-fic before it's fit for public consumption.
                              I'll keep you all posted on the progress....
                              lol, it doesn't have to be perfect to be worthy of posting for public consumption. I made some suggestions, most of which shouldn't take too long to resolve, and you don't have to follow all my suggestions or even agree with them. Personally, I'm pretty picky about my own work being "perfect", which too often leads to writer's block. There are a lot of things about the fics I've written that I don't particularly like either, but it would require so much work to change, I'm not sure I can be bothered to go back and do it. Perhaps I'll just see if I can inspire myself to write a new Beckett / McKay / Sheppard fic like in the old days... if only I had a plot bunny to work with. lol

Comment

Wicked picficlet Lady S!! Can't wait for a progress report on your fic Dolfyn. *smirks* So Jersey,ya need a plot bunny huh? Do ya want a whumpy one? A slashy one? A team one? Give us some hints...I'm sure we'll be able to get ya inspired in no time. How's about some Hot Scot shots to inspire our writers? Woohoo!! }:O
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X