Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirela View Post
    Which is exactly why I love him Even my mum acknowledges it (and approves, hehe!) because she said the other day to tell my aunt about meeting him in my Christmas thank you (and recent news) letter to her (I've still to type it up, I'll do it this week). She said that I didn't need to tell my aunt that I love him and go into all the details, I just had to say something about meeting an actor I fancied I was wondering how to word that section because it's not like Paul's a celebrity, he's not someone my aunt would've heard of - that's why I was wondering how to word it! Anyway my mum knows, and definately approves of me loving Paul
    Awwh thats so sweet that you're mom approves of it everybody i know always thinks im weird that im in love with older guys i dont know slash havent met and im just like "pfft you're just jealous that i find all the sweet adorable guys and you find all stuck up jerks!"
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Loving the Paul stories!

Let's all have a group SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far everyone I have met from SGA and SG-1 have been very nice. Not stuck up or pompous at all! Just regular people who happen to have acting jobs, is all. Regular GORGEOUS people, but you know what I mean! They have been approachable, funny, charming, and really seem to appreiciate their fans and our continued support.

As for Paul in particular, he charmed the socks off me! I'm not kidding. That man should bottle that charm and extroverted wonderfulness! It is intoxicating!
      sigpic

Comment

Hi MylittleEli, welcome to the thread! I met Paul too, wasn't in the least bit starstruck because to me he's a normal (but extremely talented) guy - NOT a celebrity - but I did fancy him like mad before I met him because he has the best personality to go with his gorgeous looks. I didn't giggle or anything, but I did smile a lot at him because that's what I do around men I fancy - apart from playing with my earrings/hair, of course And I had a decent conversation with him too, plus I'd brought him some chocolates because I know he loves them, I do too I met him in Glasgow at an autograph signing, you can see one of the pics I got (a fellow Gateworld girl took them) on my Facebook profile page, the link's in my signature It was love at first sight for me - that's never happened to me before *gulp* Now I'm crazy in love with him and I'm being totally serious here...but I can't help it! He ticks all my boxes, completely My heart feels really good, with him in it Anyway...that's me And if Paul ever sees this post then I'm not embarassed cos I mean every word of it Wow, that all came pouring out there...hehe! Now, I'd better post a pic *giggles*

PS: I don't know how to spell "embaressment" properly, so apologies for that
        Thanks for the Welcome... I think its great you could act cool around the good doctor. Being Canadian, we tend to leave actors alone if we see them on the street, especially in Vancouver (where is lived up till September) because SO MANY shows and movies are filmed there. We really try to let them alone, but when I saw him at the con, it was hard not to see the character and remember he's just a guy who acts!!! I mostly just stuttered and grinned like an idiot Oh well...
        sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
        Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
        GateCon Vancouver 2011
        Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
          Thanks for the Welcome... I think its great you could act cool around the good doctor. Being Canadian, we tend to leave actors alone if we see them on the street, especially in Vancouver (where is lived up till September) because SO MANY shows and movies are filmed there. We really try to let them alone, but when I saw him at the con, it was hard not to see the character and remember he's just a guy who acts!!! I mostly just stuttered and grinned like an idiot Oh well...
          haha awh. im sure i'll do worse than stutter. personally. im pretty i'll see him from a distance, squee really loud and scare everybody and then completely just loose my voice and look like the biggest idiot on planet earth
          sigpic

Comment

Really enjoying the stories and Pauly goodness (duh!!). It's good to hear the SG-1 and Atlantis cast members have been spot on. I've read reports from other show's fans (like Star Trek for example) where certain cast members were a tad...uppity. I'm pretty sure it was Voyager or DS9 but the fans were surprised that these stars were so...arrogant and curt. Anywho,glad to hear SG-1 and Atlantis stars appreciate their fans...too bad TPTB don't. More Hot Scot shots please!! Wooohooo!! }:O
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
              So far everyone I have met from SGA and SG-1 have been very nice. Not stuck up or pompous at all! Just regular people who happen to have acting jobs, is all. Regular GORGEOUS people, but you know what I mean! They have been approachable, funny, charming, and really seem to appreiciate their fans and our continued support.
              Yeah, Joe Flanigan was nice when I met him, too.

But, unfortunately, I didn't think much of Jason Momoa. At the autograph table, his line moved the fastest because he was barely speaking to people, just signing & handing the pics over. (I didn't line up for him.) Then, much later when I was standing at the end of the tables near the wall (I was briefly talking to Paul's minder), I felt someone shove past me from behind to get around the end to go behind the table. I automatically said, "Oh, sorry!" as I looked up, & saw it was Jason. He just looked at me, & then turned away. I know he's shy, but there's no need for rudeness!

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
              As for Paul in particular, he charmed the socks off me! I'm not kidding. That man should bottle that charm and extroverted wonderfulness! It is intoxicating!
              Yeah, he has that charisma that I find so attractive (as well as good looks).
              Another actor like that is Simon Pegg; he appreciates his fans A LOT & is a total sweetheart, & very funny. I've been lucky enough to meet him too. Now THAT was a fan-girl dream experience!
              So yeah, I know what that magic can be like; I just hope I get a 2nd chance with Paul.

Anyway, time for some loveliness....

Feel the love.
              dolfyn.
              Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by dolfyn View Post
                But, unfortunately, I didn't think much of Jason Momoa. At the autograph table, his line moved the fastest because he was barely speaking to people, just signing & handing the pics over. (I didn't line up for him.) Then, much later when I was standing at the end of the tables near the wall (I was briefly talking to Paul's minder), I felt someone shove past me from behind to get around the end to go behind the table. I automatically said, "Oh, sorry!" as I looked up, & saw it was Jason. He just looked at me, & then turned away. I know he's shy, but there's no need for rudeness!
                Oh yeah, I've heard about Jason. I think it depends when you catch him. Like when I went up for my photo op... he seemed to be in a really good mood. He called me short... haha, and at first I was like "oh my gosh... what a jerk, they were right about him...." but then he smiled and I kind of melted. Haha. But yeah, my friend went to get an autograph, and he was talking to his handler, not even looking at her while he signed it. *shrugs* Depends I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
                  Oh yeah, I've heard about Jason. I think it depends when you catch him. Like when I went up for my photo op... he seemed to be in a really good mood. He called me short... haha, and at first I was like "oh my gosh... what a jerk, they were right about him...." but then he smiled and I kind of melted. Haha. But yeah, my friend went to get an autograph, and he was talking to his handler, not even looking at her while he signed it. *shrugs* Depends I guess.
                  I was talking about that very sort of thing with my work colleague just today. We were both saying that if we were famous, we'd treat fans so well, because fans are the ones who make celebrities successful in the first place! Without fans, those people are just average like the rest of us.
                  I've met quite a few celebs in the last few years, & most of them have been nice. I just don't understand the uppity ones.

Anyway, the way Paul is with fans just makes me adore him even more.

Feel the love.
                  dolfyn.
                  Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

I was talking about that very sort of thing with my work colleague just today. We were both saying that if we were famous, we'd treat fans so well, because fans are the ones who make celebrities successful in the first place! Without fans, those people are just average like the rest of us.
                    I've met quite a few celebs in the last few years, & most of them have been nice. I just don't understand the uppity ones.

Feel the love.
                    dolfyn.
                    I hope nobody hates me for this, but I find that MS is a little like that... uppity. He just seems a little full of himself. He's not rude at all, but he really seems to think he's gods gift to everyone! I don't like that attitude any more than indifference or rudeness. But I will say when I got my photo op with MS and AT last year, they were both really funny and playful, so that made it great at least!
                    sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                    Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                    GateCon Vancouver 2011
                    Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Yeah, that's cos he's a normal human being like the rest of us and he doesn't think he's above anyone else just cos he's an actor *shrugs* I just don't get "starstruck" at all, I don't put anyone on a pedestal or anything like that cos I know they're equal human beings to me, human beings with flaws...in the letter to Paul that I put in with the Valentine's Card I sent him, I was just my usual self, friendly and chatty. None of your "Oh you're so wonderful, etc. etc. etc. stuff). I'm not dissing anyone that does this, I'm just saying that that's not the type of letter I'd write because...well I can't. It's just not me. *Pause* I DO think Paul's wonderful though I just wouldn't write it in a letter to him, unless I was dating him or something - then I think I'd allow myself

*Gets off personal soapbox*

It's exactly a month to the day that I met Paul for the first time - hopefully that one was the first of many
                      Last edited by Mirela; 25 February 2010, 06:51 AM.
                      Newly liberated multi-thunker
                      http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
                      Julia xx

Comment

Well it's good to know most of the SG1 and Atlantis "stars" aren't the stuck up types. I'm sure some (if any) rudeness displayed by the actors can be attibuted to jet lag and sitting in one place for too long. Seriously,think about it...you're spending hours sitting at a table,signing stuff from tons of fans after who knows how many hours of flying or driving before hand and don't forget...they have families too and whatever drama they're dealing with on the home front. Just something to think about. More Hot Scots shots please!! Wooohooo!! }:O
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                          Well it's good to know most of the SG1 and Atlantis "stars" aren't the stuck up types. I'm sure some (if any) rudeness displayed by the actors can be attibuted to jet lag and sitting in one place for too long. Seriously,think about it...you're spending hours sitting at a table,signing stuff from tons of fans after who knows how many hours of flying or driving before hand and don't forget...they have families too and whatever drama they're dealing with on the home front. Just something to think about. More Hot Scots shots please!! Wooohooo!! }:O
                          Completely agree with this

Meanwhile, here's a cap from ADB that I snurched from another Stargate forum - but is there any chance of some more being posted in here? There's one in particular that I want, it's when Ryan's just got up and he's in that white t-shirt and waiting to go into the toilet. Or something. The t-shirt's tight, y'see...

Last edited by Mirela; 25 February 2010, 12:57 PM.
                          Julia xx

Comment

You had some good points, CRF, and of course we need to keep all of that in mind. Still, there's no reason for anyone to be rude, if you're a celebrity or not.
                            That being said I'll keep those words in mind when I see Jason. Depends on his mood, does it? Well, I'm only getting an autograph, so no worries there.

Interesting comment about MS too...I sometimes get that vibe from him too, but usually he's pretty nice and funny.

Paul was utterly charming...of course I've already said that but I'm sure you don't mind me saying it again.

As for Joe.......well, since this is Paul's thread I'll contain myself.

*sigh* At least los has contained her enthusiam for you since she is in my thread.
                            Yeah...she better get back to my thread ASAP!
                            sigpic

Comment

I have a pic - Paul looking serious at a convention

Julia xx

Comment

I have a pic - Paul looking serious at a convention

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t...t/IMG_0598.jpg
                                yeah seriously good in that shirt and those jeans
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X