Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
    Carson: Just a sec, some of my fangirls like the Labcoat.
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...a/3059ec8e.jpg
    Aw, ain't he loverly. A touch of Labcoat for the LCLA.
    Yeah, thanks for this nice labcoat pic! I can add one to the LCLA, too, because I finally managed to make some new screencaps from several episodes. So here it is - wanna melt?

Oh, and I noticed something else about those labcoats - they come in handy when you have special close body contact plans for your object of affection (or if you're really, really angry ). You know me, I just had to open Photoshop and come up with something!
    (Six-seconds-of-bliss-Spoiler, so I can only post the URL):
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ar/Grabhim.jpg

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
      Yeah, thanks for this nice labcoat pic! I can add one to the LCLA, too, because I finally managed to make some new screencaps from several episodes. So here it is - wanna melt?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...onBeckett6.jpg

You know me, I just had to open Photoshop and come up with something!
      (Six-seconds-of-bliss-Spoiler, so I can only post the URL):
      http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ar/Grabhim.jpg

Bye, A.
      The LCLA is very proud on both counts. Well a glimpse of half a rumpled labcoat is better then none. You are putting that in it's rightful place? McBeck!

Comment

ok, I don't want to turn him in to "black widow" carter. I realy just want them to keep him single for a while so that I'm not forced to image ways to get rid of the extra baggage. I realy don't want the lad to hurt more, so it would be better not to pair him up than to have to come up with ways to make losing them bearable.

Also. In the 2nd picture in drwho'srose above, it does look like
        Spoiler:
        carson is looking at rodney in the hospital, not cadman when he smiles before that hand squeeze. His eyes are not pointed down enough to be looking at someone right infront of him. What was he tring to say to mckay there? "Thank's for getting me a girl?"
        He did say he never meets pretty girls. (what is wrong with the woman on atlantis) As much as I don't want him with someone, truely, he should have women throwing themselfes at him, not having to be stuck with just a girly crush. About that picture, the guy has got a beautiful smile.

As for fan-fic, I'm not realy into slash, through I can see why people like it, interesting dynamics and all that. I would like to find ones that are more frienship based than relationship. I diffenetly want to see him as a person and not just a doctor sprouting medical stuff. I'll look into the one you suggested. Thanks

And GateTrippin. I love your "i feel pretty, oh so pretty" halarius

Comment

Originally posted by kittyangel
          ok, I don't want to turn him in to "black widow" carter.
          Well thank goodness.

Also. In the 2nd picture in drwho'srose above, it does look like
          Spoiler:
          carson is looking at rodney in the hospital, not cadman when he smiles before that hand squeeze. His eyes are not pointed down enough to be looking at someone right infront of him. What was he tring to say to mckay there? "Thank's for getting me a girl?"
          Well yes he was.

And GateTrippin. I love your "i feel pretty, oh so pretty" halarius
          I agree it is so good but I still don't know about mincing Rodney. But unzipped Rodney, O.K wrong thread but yea!

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2
            One person's "good" is another person's trash. What do you mean by "good"?

There's one that's been at the back of my mind since someone in this forum observed how strange it is to see Beckett using Ancient medical devices without any explanation of where they came or why he should trust them any more than he trusts a puddlejumper. "Epidemic" by b7-kerravon is quite readable. No, it's not a ship or slash.
            Now THAT'S a great Carson fanfic! I LOVED that story! I liked that explanation about Carson's ability with Ancient medical technology, but will we EVER see it on the show? Not likely, which means that explanation is not canon.

Comment

Originally posted by DrsChick
              DH deserves all the praise he's getting but other than a few places, PM is being vastly overlooked for his fine work. He played a great "straight man" (!) to DH and kept the scenes credible and from being overdone.
              Unfortunately that will always be the case. DH is a great actor and does indeed deserve all kinds of praise for his work, but it is disheartening that PM and the other actors receive little or no recognition for their contributions to the show. We may be a very small fanbase compared to DH's fans, but we love and appreciate PM and his work!

Comment

ok, I don't want to turn him in to "black widow" carter. I realy just want them to keep him single for a while so that I'm not forced to image ways to get rid of the extra baggage. I realy don't want the lad to hurt more, so it would be better not to pair him up than to have to come up with ways to make losing them bearable.
                Why is it AUTOMATICALLY assumed that putting a character in a dating situation means that person is permanently PAIRED up with someone? It makes more sense to me to have Carson have a few dates with Cadman (offscreen of course so no precious screen time is wasted on him) and then a casual mention that they broke up or it didn't work out or whatever. No dramatic, heartbreaking death-of-a-love-interest scene--no big deal. That's more realistic than a shy but friendly, handsome guy remaining alone all the time, with only his work to keep him company.

Comment

Ok, Kimaken, I'll go with that. As long as they don't give the relationship too much air time (as in as little as possible) but still give Carson as much air time as they can in the confines of the scripts (which usally don't have him as the lead) I guess the "they went out but it didn't work" will work fine.

I agree that in any other shows that when some one dates they shouldn't be considered paired up but I have noticed that the stargate writer seem to do "all or none." Either they give a character no one (like Daniel who should have no problems finding someone even though he is a morning widowfor 5/6 seasons), or they put them into a long standing situation (don't know it you can call them relationships) but something that just goes on and on, like Martoff and Narim who never were Sam's boyfriends but where always there being drug a long.

So I would be just happy with your suggestion and it would be realistic, but I am afraid that realistic relationships and stargate don't always go hand in hand. That is why I am nervous for the good Dr.

So to make a long post short, your right, and I hope the writers at Atlantis realize that too.

Comment

I agree that in any other shows that when some one dates they shouldn't be considered paired up but I have noticed that the stargate writer seem to do "all or none." Either they give a character no one (like Daniel who should have no problems finding someone even though he is a morning widowfor 5/6 seasons), or they put them into a long standing situation (don't know it you can call them relationships) but something that just goes on and on, like Martoff and Narim who never were Sam's boyfriends but where always there being drug a long.
                    Absolutely. The all or nothing route is so stupid but for some reasons the writers can't fathom that people have casual dates--sometimes those dates become more serious and lead up to a more permanent relationship (living together, getting married). But not always. I don't like the idea of our characters living like total monks because they're SO dedicated to their work that nothing else matters--it's just not real.

But like you, I don't want to SEE the romance onscreen because as we've all discussed already, the writers really can't write a convincing love story. For one thing, we really don't want to see a permanent relationship unless the show is getting ready to end its run (the "happily ever after" ending) or else we get the doomed, star-crossed lovers (aka the "Cartwright Curse") where the love interest gets killed off at the end of the episode (remember Perna?).

So I would be just happy with your suggestion and it would be realistic, but I am afraid that realistic relationships and stargate don't always go hand in hand. That is why I am nervous for the good Dr.
                    Alas, dear kittyangel, you've hit the nail on the head!

Now, I would like to see Carson and Cadman hook up (behind the scenes and not permanently) on the show just to see Rodney's reactions! It tickles me pink to think about how DH could handle this situation.

Comment

I would love to know how TPTB deal with "McKay's frustration" over Carson and Cadman. Is it that he has to share is friend's time-or sharing his friend period??? Enquiring minds want to know.

Comment

drive-by piccing:

a time to mourn

Comment

I've just visited Paul McGillion official web page (http://www.paulmcgillion.com/). I am sure you've been there too, but have you seen his "special skills"?

"FORMER FREESTYLE WRESTLING CHAMPION, PERSONAL ATHLETIC TRAINER, UNIVERSITY SPORTS INSTRUCTOR, BRONZE MEDALLION SWIMMER, MARATHON RUNNING, WATER & SNOW SKIING, HORSEBACK RIDING, SKY DIVING, ALL DIALECTS, POT BELLY"

OMG! Now I feel sooooo small...

anybody would care to tell me what "pot belly" is?
                          !!!THE SUPREME PICTURE HUNTER FOR LABCOAT LOVE ASSOCIATION!!!

All the images in my signatures usually come from HERE
                          How do you like my new signature?

Comment

Hmm, are we a *Thunk* or a discussion? I vote *Thunk* but discussion is good too.

Continuing from my last 007 related pic...

and some oldies but goodies.

And the controversial pic returns!!!

I think it is just a camera angle myself. He is not in contact with his head/ear. Yes I will defend Dr Beckett's professionalisum to the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                              Hmm, are we a *Thunk* or a discussion? I vote *Thunk* but discussion is good too.

hey, I was thunking there...
                              !!!THE SUPREME PICTURE HUNTER FOR LABCOAT LOVE ASSOCIATION!!!

All the images in my signatures usually come from HERE
                              How do you like my new signature?

Comment

Originally posted by Meredith
                                hey, I was thunking there...
                                Aw, it's O.K I was kidding. Talk, *Thunk* it is all about Paul/Carson so it is all good. I have no idea what is meant by "Pot belly" I know you have pot belly pigs and men can have pot bellies other than that I have no idea.

Oh no Paul is shocked at our ignorance.

Comment

Working...
                                X