No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*waves* hi everybody!! so as today is techiquely Carsonmas i bring a gift its a little fanfiction i wrote awhile ago. it may not be that good due to the fact I'm a poet, not a fiction writer haha but i hope you like it, if not...well then i suck haha here's the link, hope you enjoy!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5591857/...Christmas_Gift
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
      *waves* hi everybody!! so as today is techiquely Carsonmas i bring a gift its a little fanfiction i wrote awhile ago. it may not be that good due to the fact I'm a poet, not a fiction writer haha but i hope you like it, if not...well then i suck haha here's the link, hope you enjoy!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5591857/...Christmas_Gift
      *saves for later reading* I've got sooo many things to read atm

This pic always makes me giggle, and also proud as I have the exact same t-shirt! I have a sweatshirt with it on too!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
        *saves for later reading* I've got sooo many things to read atm

This pic always makes me giggle, and also proud as I have the exact same t-shirt! I have a sweatshirt with it on too!

haha thats an adorable picture. i wish i had a shirt/sweatshirt like that
        sigpic

Comment

Yep, it's still the 19th over in Europe (and North America) - so today is still "Carsonmas" for most of us Here, have a pic of Pau...er, Carson!

I also have a question: why do some people's screencaps turn out normal, but other people's turn out a bit...squishy (meaning I have to stretch them a bit in Microsoft Word)?
          Newly liberated multi-thunker
          http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
          Julia xx

Comment

Originally posted by Mirela View Post
            Yep, it's still the 19th over in Europe (and North America) - so today is still "Carsonmas" for most of us Here, have a pic of Pau...er, Carson!

I also have a question: why do some people's screencaps turn out normal, but other people's turn out a bit...squishy (meaning I have to stretch them a bit in Microsoft Word)?
            haha he looks so horrorified!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
              haha thats an adorable picture. i wish i had a shirt/sweatshirt like that
              I got them from Cafe Press ... you can still probably order online if they have any left!

Aww that's a lovely cap!

Not too sure what you mean there. Some of us re-size the caps to be fit with GW's limits ... some people also post thumbnails if the pics are very big. For example this 1st pic is one I re-sized, although still slightly bigger than the GW limit, hence under spoilers.

Spoiler:

And this is the full size pic posted as a thumb ... click to open in a new window, and again for full screen size.

Is that what you mean?

sigpic

Comment

Lol, I didn't really give a good description of what I meant...which is, I've been looking through old pages of this thread and some screencaps that were posted looked slightly...well as if they'd been squeezed in a bit, making Paul's face look longer and thinner. I'm just wondering why some people's screencaps look normal (like yours) and yet some other people's look this...here's an example.

His face is thinner than it should be... (still a great pic though!)
                Julia xx

Comment

that's ok. I think I see what you mean. I don't know... could be something to do with the software used to make the caps I guess. Some early ones I did in Windows Media Player were a bit fuzzy... I don't know other than that!

sigpic

Comment

^^ Ah, I wondered if it was something like that - I've never tried DVD capping before, hopefully if I try it my ones will come out normal and not "stretchy" Here's another pic:

Oh and a little OT begging:

Spoiler:
                    Can I get some of you to join my little forum? There's quite a lot of topics there already since it's been open a few years...I need some new members though. I'd love to find out more about you without having to use Spoiler tags for off topic stuff in here There's a Photo section, if I start a topic for Paul in there will it convince you to join? Please with a cherry on top Hehehehe, the link's in my signature...
                    Julia xx

Comment

Lol, I didn't really give a good description of what I meant...which is, I've been looking through old pages of this thread and some screencaps that were posted looked slightly...well as if they'd been squeezed in a bit, making Paul's face look longer and thinner. I'm just wondering why some people's screencaps look normal (like yours) and yet some other people's look this...here's an example.

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t...090426-114.jpg
                      His face is thinner than it should be... (still a great pic though!)
                      It's because whoever took this cap resized the picture without preserving the aspect ratio. In essence, they kept it at near the same height, but squeezed the width of the picture in smaller than the height was squeezed. That's why when you want to make a picture smaller, crop it first, then resize with a program that allows you to scale it AND preserve the aspect ratio (it adjusts the height by the same ratio as the width, or vice versa, so it doesn't look "squeezed" like that).

Also, if you want to watch "The Final Goal", I bought it on DVD a while back. Message me on MSN (cpotee1[at]md[dot]metrocast[dot]net) or AIM (Jersey130).

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                        Wellllllllllll... If you ask nicely... and baked me Carson-shaped cookies...
                        Hmm...*ponders teh shape of a Carson-cookie...*
                        Shaped like his head, or Carson in profile? Or like the Save Carson head?
                        Hmm...now you've got me thinking about this way too much. I will not make Carson gingerbread men, I will not, I will not!
                        (But if I do, I'll be sure to post pics- I made a Stargate cake once, and then a DRD-cake, both for my friend who is now my sis-in-law.... )

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                          *snickers* Glad I could help. I reread my last post and wanted to point out Paul didn't wear the leather jacket with the shorts. Hmm...that sounds awfully Chippendales dancer-ish
                          I was wondering about that! I read it and thought....'erm...Jacket....with shorts? I dunno, but I don't think even Pauly could pull that off... '
                          But one at a time, for sure.
                          Well, isn't the idea of Chippendales that they don't wear their clothes for very long...?
                          Ooh, and he'd have to wear a hat with that too....fireman's hat, maybe? Policeman's?
                          Stop me, I'm thinking about this too much...

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
                            YOU WANT TO EAT CARSON!?
                            That's just WRONG. Poor Carson!

..actually, I kind of want to too. Carson cookies pleaaaase!
                            Quick, someone bake some! I don't really have time, but unless someone else offers, I might have to now....
                            *think think think*

y'want to eat me? In biscuit form?
                            Don't I get a say in this?

Comment

Originally posted by scaperfan View Post
                              y'want to eat me? In biscuit form?
                              Don't I get a say in this?
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...7727fb4b13.jpg
                              Ooh, lovely pic! *snurches*
                              Julia xx

Comment

Is anybody planning to go to GateCon?

Comment

Working...
                                X