Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmouse View Post
    <snip for length> I just suddenly got a major case of missing Carson Beckett. He was a great character, really, such a sissy but reliable as solid rock when he was needed. Man, why've the good ones got to go, including SG1?
    Originally posted by phibi View Post
    <snip for length>

oh yes.. he is really really missed

and I'm in a serious Paul withdrawel as well... *whines*
    I suggest those going thru Carson/Paul withdraw to head over the the Keep the Lion Rampant thread in the Season 3 forum and see what you can do to help remedy that. That is, if you haven't already

sigpic
    www.savecarsonbeckett.com
    Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Guess i'm lucky then,i actually huv the Scottish accent seeing as i'm from Scotland an all and i must say....AGAIN he done the accent awesomely brill too.best one i've heard yet!

Ooh,there's a lion rampant thread.i'll just mosey on over there and check it oot!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        Guess i'm lucky then,i actually huv the Scottish accent seeing as i'm from Scotland an all and i must say....AGAIN he done the accent awesomely brill too.best one i've heard yet!

Ooh,there's a lion rampant thread.i'll just mosey on over there and check it oot!
        Lucky you.*lol*
        sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
        Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

sure, hop on in

uhm.. I might be responsible for this *lol* glad you enjoyed it

oh yes.. he is really really missed

and I'm in a serious Paul withdrawel as well... *whines*
          btw, Phibi, I love your pic. I saw it and it was one of those corny moments where you get all misty eyed. Man, it's like you make friends with these characters! And then they're gone!

Comment

btw, Phibi, I love your pic. I saw it and it was one of those corny moments where you get all misty eyed. Man, it's like you make friends with these characters! And then they're gone!
            oh, and btw, I'm new here- is there any way to post w/out quoting someone? How would you do that? I bet the answer's staring me in the face and I'll feel pretty silly when somebody tells me...

Comment

Yep lucky me,i don't know why folk are so fascinated with the Scottish accent,maybe it's cause i'm used to it that i don't see it!
              sigpic

Comment

Just click on the post reply at the bottom of the page!
                sigpic

Comment

I like British accents in general. At school you only hear English with heavy German accent or with American accent, so any other accents are nice for a change. Same at uni here, we have more Americans than Brits;-( Not that they are not nice but with choosing them you always have American influenced topics of course. And that get's boring with time.
                  sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
                  Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

I don't think this has been posted.

In case you were wondering about Carson's wee baby turtles

Season 4 spoiler
                    Spoiler:
                    Here's the floor plan of McKay's quarters, as shown on executive producer's Joe Mallozzi's June 25th blog.

As you can see by the notes on the side, there will be 2 wee ones in the terrarium. Mallozzi had answere an earlier blog comment asking about Carson's turtles that McKay was taking care of them. As we can see, he is.

I'm pretty sure this will be in the episode "Miller's Crossing" since Mallozzi posted the cover of that script on his blog the same day.

Also, David Hewlett is going to be on a live radio broadcast tonight (June 28). He's talking about "A Dog's Breakfast". Maybe he'll mention Paul.

http://www.digitalproductionbuzz.com/LiveThisWeek/

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

oh, and btw, I'm new here- is there any way to post w/out quoting someone? How would you do that? I bet the answer's staring me in the face and I'll feel pretty silly when somebody tells me...
                      Ooo, newbie! Welcome!

Actually, most of the time if I have just a reply, I click the Quote button on a short post and then erase everything. That way I don't have to scroll to the bottom of the page for that Post Repy button.

Or, you can use the QR button 2 buttons over from the Quote button. QR stands for Quick Reply.

That weird button next to the Quote button is the MultiQuote button. If you want to quote more than one post at a time, use that button on each post you want to respond to. You won't get the message box until you press a Quote button. Then you can cut out the bits you don't want.

Don't forget to spoiler tag Season 4 discussions and large screencaps or photos. I consider photos large when they're wider that 600 pixels across. The spoiler tag button is the exclamation icon at the top of the message box. Highlight what needs to be tagged and press the spoiler tag button.

Another hint that has saved me a lot of grief: always copy your post before you press that submit reply button. GateWorld is constantly unlogging me off. It's horrible when you composed an inspired reply to something only to not be able to post because you were logged off.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

yep, I'm yet another lover of Scottish accents^_^. And his is missed, A LOT, on Atlantis! I'm sure everybody else on this thread feels the same way, but I just suddenly got a major case of missing Carson Beckett. He was a great character, really, such a sissy but reliable as solid rock when he was needed. Man, why've the good ones got to go, including SG1?
                        Yeah... I'm in Carson/Paul withdrawl as well.
                        Spoiler:
                        Expecially after "First Strike" and seeing Dr. Keller taking care of the injured when Carson should have been there... just didn't feel right at all!

uhm.. I might be responsible for this *lol* glad you enjoyed it
                        I figured it would be someone from here! Btw, the rest of your vids are pretty neat, been going through 'em all

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

thanks ... and yes.. they are almost like family

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                          Yeah... I'm in Carson/Paul withdrawl as well.
                          Spoiler:
                          Expecially after "First Strike" and seeing Dr. Keller taking care of the injured when Carson should have been there... just didn't feel right at all!

I figured it would be someone from here! Btw, the rest of your vids are pretty neat, been going through 'em all
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm all with you on that... when she was talking, I heard Carson in my head.. it just wasn't right...

glad you like the vids

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                          Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Just dropping by quickly to say hey! Oh and welcome to the gutter to all of the newbies!! Definitely hope you find it as fun in here as the rest of us do!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Thank you all, Peeps! I'm really blushing because of the compliments, but I feel so undeserving of your praise. It was really no trouble at all! And you are so dear to me! *joins in the immense grouphug*

And a very warm welcome to all the newbies to the thread! I hope you soon feel at home around here; it's a wonderful thread to stay because of all the people! (And of course PM, hence the topic... )

Everyone who's on or going on vacation: Have a nice trip, lots of fun and find some time to relax, but most of all, return safely! *hugs for the lucky ones*

And after unendingly gazing at another set of magnificent caps by you, I'm completely woozy because of all the heavy thunking I did.
                              If you read this when you come back, dllmzca, Do you accept virtual proposals via internet? (Don't worry, I won't actually hold you to it.)

cshawzye, your pics were also first rate!

yep, I'm yet another lover of Scottish accents^_^. And his is missed, A LOT, on Atlantis! I'm sure everybody else on this thread feels the same way, but I just suddenly got a major case of missing Carson Beckett. He was a great character, really, such a sissy but reliable as solid rock when he was needed. Man, why've the good ones got to go, including SG1?
                              That was such a brilliant reflection on the character, jmouse!
                              And I also adore his Scottish accent; it was the first thing really that attracted my attention on the show, then I thought 'what a cute guy!' and totally fell for the character of Carson Beckett; from there it's all history.

Yep lucky me,i don't know why folk are so fascinated with the Scottish accent,maybe it's cause i'm used to it that i don't see it!
                              Studying English linguistics I'm a sucker for accents in general. That being said/written, I think the Scottish one is a very lovely accent, so is the one from York (in fact that's my favourite) or a sweet Canadian accent for that matter; yet, I'm no great fan of a thick Cockney accent or a heavy Southern American accent. (No offence, just my opinion.)

All in all, I have to agree with BeckettRulez about how often you come across a good British accent in school or university these days, not to mention TV (well, in my case rather DVD since most productions are from the US or lately also Canada). Although I'm lucky enough to have two wonderful British lecturers here, one being from York.

Unfortunately, all this hearing different or bad accents resulted in my having quite a mixture of a lot of accents even though I really try hard to master one consistent accent, and *after* that move on to doing other accents as well. Oh man, you should have heard Americans and Brits guessing where I'm from... Most of them thought I was a native speaker but dependant on who I was talking to, some guessed I was from the US, Britain, Ireland or South Africa.

Back on topic, Paul McGillion's accent is truly sweet no matter whether he's doing the Scottish or the Canadian one! It's probably also related to him coming across as a nice enough person anyway!

idlewild202, thank you for your kind words concerning my story!

And while I'm at it, last night I've posted the 14th chapter of 'Surviving Sunday', which is the second to last chapter.
                              I hope to finish the story sometime next week.

Now we come to the last and best part of my post, the pics...

In this he looks so pityful, I can hardly resist the urge to hug him and make him better

And one speciality for my dears in here
                              twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, watcher652! very helpful tip. I probably should have learned to copy things before I post from numerous similar mishaps on fanfiction, but that's one of those things you always forget. On a side note, anyone up to beta-ing a 'goodbye Carson' fanfic? It's from Rodney's pov, and I'd kinda like an oppinion or two before I continued with it (it's not finished yet).

Comment

Working...
                                X