Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
    .:Oooh, yes, the Eye of Ra is rather nice...
    I would love to get a tattoo but I'm afraid of the pain. If I did, I'd get either an anklet of crescent moons and stars with an Ankh or the Eye of Ra on the outside. If not that then maybe the Ankh or Eye of Ra on my shoulder. This is from the woman who is still to chicken to get a nose ring. (Besides, my boss might not like it...)

And to be on topic, Paul seems like a sweet person.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
    Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

.:Is it at all describable? How does he feel?

.:*wonders if that sounds strange*
      oh.. he is very soft but on the other hand really strong.... when he had me in his arms on sunday evening for a couple of minutes it was really nice *lol*

oh and did I mention his cheeks? his skin is soooo soft too

*dreams off*

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
      Visit me at my LJ

Comment

.: We don't tend to mind much, because we know the topic'll always return to Paul sooner or later, lol.
        Spoiler:

.:Besides, I think the last...oh...three pages or so are pretty off-topic.

.:See, what I think makes this thread different from a lot of the other threads is that this is more of a community centred around interests, rather than a community of interests.

.:A Lot of threads seem to work like this: "Yes, hello. We all like so-and-so. No, you can't really talk about that, sorry, because we're topic-Nazis. So, we're going to snark at you until you decide to conform. There we go. That's a good girl. Here're some pictures of pretty."

.:This thread works more like this: "Oh, hello there, I like Paul. Ooooh, you do too? Sweet! Look at these pics! Isn't he just darling? Hey, have you heard that Paul's going to that convention? Why, yes, I am going to that convention! Oh, you are too? And you? Oooh, let's meet up! Hey, look, it's a new Thunker! Hi there! Oh, that's a nice wallpaper you made! Here, have some screencaps. Look, he's topless! >w<" And then we get to know each other, and talk about everything, whilst retaining a friendly atmosphere and always returning to the topic that brought us all together.

.:...I like "our" way better.
        I couldn't second, third or fourth that statement more!

Your explanation of the function of the threads was truly hilarious, Haliyah.

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
        OMG! You actually have pictures of me on stage with him on scifinews.de?!?! *blushes* I'm so embarassed!

I still can't believe he told everyone that I was shaking and breathing hard. Toward the end there when he had his arm around my shoulder, he was telling me not to get so nervous and to look out at the crowd of people and smile. But to be perfectly honest, it wasn't really the crowd that was making me so shaky!
        Don't worry, Jersey, if you hadn't been shaking beside him, we would have needed to check your pulse; after all you're a life-time member of his thunk thread! How are you supposed to stand there unimpressed when you have your thunk in arm's reach?

And you did fine up there!

And if anybody wants to know, this is the pic my twichy got signed

These two were the ones I took

and

When I look at my Con pics, I'm momentarily so on PM withdrawal... *sigh*
        twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet View Post
          I would love to get a tattoo but I'm afraid of the pain. If I did, I'd get either an anklet of crescent moons and stars with an Ankh or the Eye of Ra on the outside. If not that then maybe the Ankh or Eye of Ra on my shoulder. This is from the woman who is still to chicken to get a nose ring. (Besides, my boss might not like it...)

<snip>
          .:Nose piercings hurt more than most standard tattoos. Just a warning. I don't think your boss would mind if it was a small, pretty, innocuous stud rather than a ring or something obnoxious.
          .:If you want to find out how much an anklet tattoo hurts, ask someone who has one to compare it to something you understand, like a bee sting (which I don't relate to - never been stung), etc. That way, you can gauge whether it's worth it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
            I couldn't second, third or fourth that statement more!

Your explanation of the function of the threads was truly hilarious, Haliyah.
            .:Whooo, thread pride!

.:Thanks, twin. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
              I donno if it's strange or not.... But it's undescribable... His hands, his scent... Oh, his scent is really really "delicious" For me, the BIG moment was on Sunday night, when I could hug back him, and I didn't wanted to let him go...

<snip>
              Originally posted by phibi View Post
              oh.. he is very soft but on the other hand really strong.... when he had me in his arms on sunday evening for a couple of minutes it was really nice *lol*

oh and did I mention his cheeks? his skin is soooo soft too

*dreams off*
              .:*sigh* I WILL meet him one day, I WILL...
              .:*has pleasant daydreams and breaks for dinner*

.:EDIT: And wow, I just posted three times in a row...sorry, guys!

Comment

I was thinking of a stud that could be removed and replaced with a ring (for the weekends or something) and I haven't broken any bones, given birth or done anything memorably painful so the tattoo would be the most painful thing yet...

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

There are one or two pictures featuring Paul at Kate Mulgrew's Official Fansite:

http://www.totallykate.com/fedcon07/presscon.html
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                    There are one or two pictures featuring Paul at Kate Mulgrew's Official Fansite:

.:Thanks, sueKay!

Comment

We did meet TJ, phibi, JennyJ, Jenner (sadly only briefly), Halessa and two others we knew from another forum (Andromeda) though.
                      Hmm, no one going to Shore Leave in July? Will I be thunking alone? I know there's a whole passel of GW folks going but do they thunk Paul?

PM said he would be in two eps and was heading for Vancouver for the shoot in three weeks time.
                      Well, looks like he'll be filming right before he attends Shore Leave. I hope he's happy with the way his episodes turn out. And maybe he can tell us if it's a good set up for future episodes.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post

There are some amazing pics! Thanks, sueKay!

I'm pretty sure PM would love to share a bit of info on that, watcher but I guess he' hardly be allowed to say anything. We'll see. As I understand we have our own spy there to tell us the important things right after your return, right?

Did I already mention today that I want him back permanently because I adore him so much?!
                        twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                          Hmm, no one going to Shore Leave in July? Will I be thunking alone? I know there's a whole passel of GW folks going but do they thunk Paul?

Well, looks like he'll be filming right before he attends Shore Leave. I hope he's happy with the way his episodes turn out. And maybe he can tell us if it's a good set up for future episodes.
                          .:Wish I was, but, no, I can almost guarantee that I won't be going to this, or any other convention, for that matter until at least a year from now, perhaps two. It's come to my attention that I need to save all the money I possibly can.

Comment

some speculation:

Spoiler:
                            So next on the scedule is Miller's Crossing, which is episode nine

If Paul's filming soon...does that mean we're going to get Beckett in the mid-season two parter?
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post

Nope, you'll not be the only thunker there. I'll be volunteering for the con while I'm there, too. Who'd have thunk that I'd be seeing him twice in as many months?

Oh, and eps are filmed out of order all the time, SueKay. They'd already started filming some of This Mortal Coil a couple weeks ago, which is episode 10. But I wouldn't get my hopes up... Paul is supposed to be notorious for being difficult to get spoilers out of.

Comment

.:A Lot of threads seem to work like this: "Yes, hello. We all like so-and-so. No, you can't really talk about that, sorry, because we're topic-Nazis. So, we're going to snark at you until you decide to conform. There we go. That's a good girl. Here're some pictures of pretty."

.:This thread works more like this: "Oh, hello there, I like Paul. Ooooh, you do too? Sweet! Look at these pics! Isn't he just darling? Hey, have you heard that Paul's going to that convention? Why, yes, I am going to that convention! Oh, you are too? And you? Oooh, let's meet up! Hey, look, it's a new Thunker! Hi there! Oh, that's a nice wallpaper you made! Here, have some screencaps. Look, he's topless! >w<" And then we get to know each other, and talk about everything, whilst retaining a friendly atmosphere and always returning to the topic that brought us all together.

.:...I like "our" way better.
                                I second that!!

.:*sigh* I WILL meet him one day, I WILL...
                                .:*has pleasant daydreams and breaks for dinner*

.:EDIT: And wow, I just posted three times in a row...sorry, guys!
                                and yes you will meet him one day, I'm sure

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                                Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X