Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
    I'm sure he's quite lovely. He has a business degree or something, doesn't he? It's only what I've heard from people who have worked with him but as you say, he does seem quite nervous of cons still. Unlike others (David, David, Chuck, Paul....) who throw themselves in well (especially Chuck!)
    JF has a degree in history from University of Colorado, or whichever branch is in Boulder, I believe. I'd love to chat him up about history. He's also never been a sci fi fan, so I'm pretty sure the entire convention thing is a bit hard to take at first--and again, more so if you're an introvert. Paul, on the other hand, comes across as very much an extrovert. So does DH.

Me, much as I would love to meet Paul and some of these other people, the idea of attending a con to do is quite overwhelming. WAY too many people in one place!
    sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
    ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Hmm....Maybe it was the Stargate magazine interview then. I got them both within a couple of days of one another so I might be getting confused.

His normal accent would have me rather hot under the collar. His Scottish one would have me in a big melty puddle on the floor.

And on that lovely thought I really must go to bed if I am to get up for work in the morning...
      ok, where can i order the stargate magazine? *lol*

his voice is just sweet... it has exact the timbre i'm usually reacting to

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
      Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
        JF has a degree in history from University of Colorado, or whichever branch is in Boulder, I believe. I'd love to chat him up about history. He's also never been a sci fi fan, so I'm pretty sure the entire convention thing is a bit hard to take at first--and again, more so if you're an introvert. Paul, on the other hand, comes across as very much an extrovert. So does DH.

Me, much as I would love to meet Paul and some of these other people, the idea of attending a con to do is quite overwhelming. WAY too many people in one place!
        depends on the convention you're going to i think 150 to 200 people is quite manageable

Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
          ok, where can i order the stargate magazine? *lol*
          Here's the website. And they have a picture of Paul on the page too (And yes I know the exact episode and moment that screen cap is from. I am indeed a bit too fan-like.)

his voice is just sweet... it has exact the timbre i'm usually reacting to
          Absolutely!

(*she really is going to bed, honest*)
          sigpic
          by Kaaatie

Comment

*daydreams of paul*

Comment

Here's the website. And they have a picture of Paul on the page too (And yes I know the exact episode and moment that screen cap is from. I am indeed a bit too fan-like.)
              i know the episode and scene, too.. well who doesn't? *lol*

yeah, i have a life.. really...

and i think i'm going to order another magazine only because paul is in it... if someone locates my brain, please contact me *lol*

Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
                i know the episode and scene, too.. well who doesn't? *lol*

yeah, i have a life.. really...

and i think i'm going to order another magazine only because paul is in it... if someone locates my brain, please contact me *lol*
                I thought your brain was happy as a Paul-induced puddle?

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
                  I thought your brain was happy as a Paul-induced puddle?
                  hm... you have a point there

Visit me at my LJ

Comment

I made a new Carson wallpaper!

haliyah.livejournal.com

There's the link to all of mine, so far...I'm just finishing another one, and then it'll be there too...

Any requests?

Comment

Beautiful wallpapers Haliyah. Love the Scotch and Canada Dry wall, especially.

If you're taking requests, is it only in terms of making Carson walls? I ask because, I'd love a good "Men of Atlantis" background. I've been trying to come up with a good one but haven't been able to come up with anything I like yet. And I like all your walls so I'd love to see what you'd do with it.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                      "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
                        I made a new Carson wallpaper!

haliyah.livejournal.com

There's the link to all of mine, so far...I'm just finishing another one, and then it'll be there too...

Any requests?
                        Those are all awesome and put mine to shame.

(I know. That was a shameless plug.)

Which reminds me, I really need to upload all the updates I've made on my page. Bla.
                        sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Girls, you've been busy tonight! Yet nothing beats the 439! posts the other night! (Believe me I counted... )

Okay, where do I start? The pictures perhaps?
                          The promo pictures... the pictures... the... pic... t u r e s...
                          ÜBER-THUNK!!!
                          Fine, I can still reach the keyboard from my lovely position here on the floor. THANKEE (I should really take your advice and stay there while reading this thread! And I'm really glad my appartment is on ground level, otherwise I'd be a constant guest at my "underlings' place".)
                          I can perfectly chime in that I'm quite undecided which pic is even better. If there can ever be one, that is. Well, I kinda made the experience it's always the next one you look upon... *ahhhhhh, sigh*

Accent... *dreams away*
                          He can talk to me with any accent, I don't mind, as long as he keeps talking! I'm a real sucker for his Scottish accent, though! (I'm a sucker for different accents in general. Guess that's a one-package deal with studying English Linguistics, anyway.) Yet, before I started watching SGA I didn't like the Scottish accent all that much. Miraculously this had changed after a particular memorable chair scene. Ever since I can't get enough of it! And to my mind Paul McGillion sports a fine Scottish accent if ever there was one.

phibi, you're well ahead of me now, countwise. CONGRATS

That conversation about JF's brains cracked me up. I laughed so hard my side hurt. *honestly thought about calling a certain doctor...*

And Haliyah wanted to know where Paul McGillion was going *after* the FedCon. You really do believe we ever let him out of our clutches again?!?! There are at least five of us at the FedCon... You might want to rethink that question. To get clear of us he probably has to recall his wrestling skills!

Originally I intended to upload the second chapter for my fixit fic 'Surviving Sunday' but unfortunately I was so tired that I went to bed for two hours this night *I know shame on me*, so the chapter is not completed yet. Hopefully I'll manage to finish and upload it in a couple of hours, tomorrow at latest! *promises*
                          I'll keep you posted! So long!
                          twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                          sigpic

Comment

. Another reason I MUST see A Dog's Breakfast is that he says he's almost naked in it which is obviously a selling point

I don't know why it isn't in the trailer!
                            Me either!!! That is so much better eye candy than DH (no offense, I do like him as well...but he's not Paul...)

Oh lord, and I bet MGM will take their sweet time doing a DVD release....

And as for Fedcon...sorry whoever asked...I'm pretty sure once I latch on I'm not letting go....he'll be coming home with me...LOL. Or all five of us will arrange some sort of custody....

sigpic
                            www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                            Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
                              Those are all awesome and put mine to shame.

(I know. That was a shameless plug.)
                              lol ... I love your pauloholics wall! It is the code I will now live by ... hehe. You should print it off and send it away to Paul. I really wonder what his reaction would be!

twinchaosblade, can't wait to read the next part of your fic! the bit i did read, i loved!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                                twinchaosblade, can't wait to read the next part of your fic! the bit i did read, i loved!
                                Thank you, cshawzye! *blushes*
                                I'll do my very best.
                                twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X