Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by SaharaGate
    Sigh.

    That pic... is just....

    sigh.

    I want!

    Definitely have to watch See Grace Fly...I'm all into the independent films at the moment (it is independent isn't it?).

    What is the file like that you download from that site? Is it a good clear picture? DVD quality?

    Oh, and I've been meaning to ask (don't laugh now)...but what's Irn Brn anyway and why does he miss it so much??
    Yes 'See Grace Fly' is an independent and a bloody excellent one at that, it was made on a wing, prayer, shoelace budget and 'favours' but you sure as hell can't tell, it puts alot of those expensive hollywood dramas to shame!!

    The download is 512mb, .wmv format and licensed, so you need version 9+ of Windows Media Player. You get 3 licenses so you can watch it on 3 different computers. The quality is good, not quite DVD but good none the less. It took me about 5 hours on a 512k broadband cable modem. The site 'cineclix' has a pretty good connection rate, plus the folk there are lovely people so if you have any problems or questions, dont hesitate to email them.

    They actually have their premiere release in Vancouver (Tinseltown Theatre) this friday 3rd December and simultaneously in Toronto (The Carlton) so if anyone is near there, go see it at the movies, you wont regret is. Oh and take the tissues, you might need them more then a couple of time!!

    TJ
    Last edited by TJuk; 28 November 2004, 02:39 AM.

    Comment


      #77
      Oh and Irn Bru is a soft drink, its a Glaswegian favourite (Paul is from a town just outside Glasgow) and reknowned as a 'hangover' cure, does the trick to.

      http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/

      TJ

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by Major J. Traylor
        I must agree with Daniel eyes and that Scottish acent he is very much a heart-throb. *Sigh*
        He does not have 'Daniel Eyes' he has 'Paul Eyes', they're unique and beautiful all unto themselves!! Trust me, get up close, have a good lookey, cameras dont do the man justice specially when it comes to those eyes!!

        TJ

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by TJuk
          Yes 'See Grace Fly' is an independent and a bloody excellent one at that, it was made on a wing, prayer, shoelace budget and 'favours' but you sure as hell can't tell, it puts alot of those expensive hollywood dramas to shame!!

          The download is 512mb, .wmv format and licensed, so you need version 9+ of Windows Media Player. You get 3 licenses so you can watch it on 3 different computers. The quality is good, not quite DVD but good none the less. It took me about 5 hours on a 512k broadband cable modem. The site 'cineclix' has a pretty good connection rate, plus the folk there are lovely people so if you have any problems or questions, dont hesitate to email them.

          They actually have their premiere release in Vancouver (Tinseltown Theatre) this friday 3rd December and simultaneously in Toronto (The Carlton) so if anyone is near there, go see it at the movies, you wont regret is. Oh and take the tissues, you might need them more then a couple of time!!

          TJ
          Thanks for the info!! Hopefully it will come out on DVD too. I'm doing a film & TV postgrad degree next year & am starting up a collection of good independent films...I find I learn more from them than any holywood movie.

          This one sounds like it might be collection worthy

          And if it means I get to stare at those brilliant blue eyes...all the better

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by TJuk
            Oh and Irn Bru is a soft drink, its a Glaswegian favourite (Paul is from a town just outside Glasgow) and reknowned as a 'hangover' cure, does the trick to.

            http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/

            TJ
            Ahhhh

            That explains it then.

            Ithought it might be some strange Scottish delicacy....like haggis

            Now I'm curious to try it!

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by SaharaGate
              Thanks for the info!! Hopefully it will come out on DVD too. I'm doing a film & TV postgrad degree next year & am starting up a collection of good independent films...I find I learn more from them than any holywood movie.

              This one sounds like it might be collection worthy

              And if it means I get to stare at those brilliant blue eyes...all the better
              Believe me mate it is, Paul or no Paul this is an excellent movie. Gina, the lead who plays 'Grace' is absolutely stunning. The character is schizphrenic and its a very honest and emotionally raw performance that never once steps over the line to melodramatic. Some scenes were so heart wrenching they were almost painful to watch, they really hit the nail on the head!

              The DVD will be available from CineClix sometime soon (you can find alot of other great indies there too). It was originally scheduled for around Xmas but it depends when Paul McG can find time to record his commentary for it. Just check out my site and I'll post on here as soon as I get any news. I just couldn't wait though, but then now I'm more eager to get the DVD.

              As to the Film postgrad, lucky bugger, I couldn't afford to go to Film School (I paid my own way through university and college, summers spent doing stuff like working in a sandwich factory on 12 hours shifts, 6 days a week for my ENTIRE summer to pay tuitions fees...oh the BAD memories ) Now I'm learning my trade via working for TV News, they let me edit, SWEET!
              TJ

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by TJuk
                OMG!!!!! How the hell did I miss this thread?????? Crap!! Er...

                :::waves at everyone:::

                Hi girls, I'm the lass who runs http://paulmcgillion.tjuk.net and I'm with ya on the CARSON SHIRT REMOVAL....if y'all want a preview lookee here:-

                http://paulmcgillion.tjuk.net/pages/...y/scr_cap3.htm
                Ohhhh, so that's your site. Big warm welcome. Good of you to bring a gift.

                geeky

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by TJuk
                  Believe me mate it is, Paul or no Paul this is an excellent movie. Gina, the lead who plays 'Grace' is absolutely stunning. The character is schizphrenic and its a very honest and emotionally raw performance that never once steps over the line to melodramatic. Some scenes were so heart wrenching they were almost painful to watch, they really hit the nail on the head!

                  The DVD will be available from CineClix sometime soon (you can find alot of other great indies there too). It was originally scheduled for around Xmas but it depends when Paul McG can find time to record his commentary for it. Just check out my site and I'll post on here as soon as I get any news. I just couldn't wait though, but then now I'm more eager to get the DVD.
                  I'll definitely be checking it out soon, in one format or another.

                  Again thanks for the info

                  As to the Film postgrad, lucky bugger, I couldn't afford to go to Film School (I paid my own way through university and college, summers spent doing stuff like working in a sandwich factory on 12 hours shifts, 6 days a week for my ENTIRE summer to pay tuitions fees...oh the BAD memories )
                  Sigh.

                  You've just described the last four years of my life. I've just finished off an Arts-Journalism dual degree majoring in Literature and German, and focusing on TV in my final year.

                  Next year will be a similar story (what can I say, apparently I like punishment), but at least my course only lasts a year...by the end of it will have tried my hands at everything from documentary making to short films.

                  At least, that's the plan.

                  Now I'm learning my trade via working for TV News, they let me edit, SWEET!
                  TJ

                  See now *that* is a perfect set up. Nothing like on-the-job training. I help out occassionally at ABC TV, but nothing too amazing...usually just logging tapes.

                  Editing is one of the things I love though - i have a great little set up at home now. But I love everything to do with TV....the camera work, coming up with a concept, visualising it, interviewing people (lots of fun!) and finally putting it all together and layering it. Very time consuming though.

                  Can you tell I'm a little excited about next year?

                  Oh, and to keep this on-topic........PM has the most adorable smile! It's so genuine and touches every corner of his face, not just his lips. Gotto love that in a man

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Boy, if I knew that gateworld had a Paul/Carson thunk thread I would have come over ages ago! Of course, you all missed the... er... fun (OK, OK, it was insanity of a very fun sort) on the "Who's Sexier" and "Beckett" threads over at SciFi bboard or you would all know how VERY contentious a topic it is!

                    Anyway, I am U No Who, but I've been known to post as kheldarsgirl. Happy to meetcha!

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Beckett wasn't in last night's episode, 'Underground'. that's not fair. i missed him. Is it wrong of me to want him in every episode?
                      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by michelleb
                        Beckett wasn't in last night's episode, 'Underground'. that's not fair. i missed him. Is it wrong of me to want him in every episode?
                        Ah! He's not in the next one either, it was major Carson withdrawl by the end of 'Home'!! But dont ya worry lassie, he'll be back for the next episode, 'The Storm' (which is fecking brilliant!!) infact he's in 'em all 'cept 'The Defiant One' from there on out.

                        And what is this thread doing on page 2!! Shameful!!

                        The Unofficial Paul McGillion Website Gallery -

                        http://paulmcgillion.tjuk.net/pages/gallery.htm

                        For all you Paul McG 'Thunking' needs...

                        TJ

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Seriously my back is starting to ache with hauling this thread up the pages.


                          geeky

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul!!!!!!

                            Who loves ya, baby?! WE LOVE YA, BABY!


                            Congrats to Paul and his fellow cast and crew on the big screen premiere of "See Grace Fly" tonight in Vancouver & Toronto! If only it were playing in Montreal, too. It's only a 500 mile round trip from my house, this movie is worth that!

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by unowhoandwhy
                              Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul!!!!!!

                              Who loves ya, baby?! WE LOVE YA, BABY!


                              Congrats to Paul and his fellow cast and crew on the big screen premiere of "See Grace Fly" tonight in Vancouver & Toronto! If only it were playing in Montreal, too. It's only a 500 mile round trip from my house, this movie is worth that!
                              Who loves him??

                              I do!

                              Can't wait for more Atlantis episodes that feature him. Although I gotto say Atlantis is proving to be very strong, even in episodes not feauturing the illustrious Dr.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                So..from the Storm onwards, except The Defiant Ones, I can have Carson Beckett every week?

                                Now that's the kind of thing I want for Christmas!!!
                                Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X