No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I MISSED YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! *hugs thread* I can't believe I survived this long without this thread! It's been like three days or something! All the stuff I missed! I have to get caught up! YAY CARSON!!!

*THUNK*

I saw something at Pottery Barn Kids when I was out of town and it had the name Carson on it...and it was in the shape of a heart. I was like "CARSON!!!" My friend was like "what?!?!" I think I played it off quite nicely. She didn't think I was too much more crazy than I already am!
    Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      Paul's slated to do a U.S. convention...

STARGATE CHICAGO:

The dates to remember are AUGUST 24-26, 2007 at the place is the Wyndham
      O'Hare Hotel and today we are happy to announce our very first guest, PAUL
      McGILLION (Dr. Carson Beckett on Stargate: Atlantis). This will be Paul's first
      appearance with us and that's always extra fun!

Our Chicago Stargate Convention page is now up and ready to accept orders for
      GOLD WEEKEND PACKAGES, which are the most "upscale" way to attend the entire
      convention, evening cabaret , dessert party, and breakfast and also get the
      Gold perks like complimentary autographs and a special gift.

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgchi.htm
      Wow, so cool!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
        I MISSED YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! *hugs thread* I can't believe I survived this long without this thread! It's been like three days or something! All the stuff I missed! I have to get caught up! YAY CARSON!!!

*THUNK*

I saw something at Pottery Barn Kids when I was out of town and it had the name Carson on it...and it was in the shape of a heart. I was like "CARSON!!!" My friend was like "what?!?!" I think I played it off quite nicely. She didn't think I was too much more crazy than I already am!
        Welcome back, leighanners!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post

*THUNK*

welcome back!

and who is crazy?? *looks around* certainly not us

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
          Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
            welcome back!

and who is crazy?? *looks around* certainly not us
            Noooo, not at all

Comment

*sneaks in *
              Spoiler:
              still crying from the sunday ep

Comment

STARGATE CHICAGO:

The dates to remember are AUGUST 24-26, 2007 at the place is the Wyndham
                O'Hare Hotel and today we are happy to announce our very first guest, PAUL
                McGILLION (Dr. Carson Beckett on Stargate: Atlantis). This will be Paul's first
                appearance with us and that's always extra fun!

Our Chicago Stargate Convention page is now up and ready to accept orders for
                GOLD WEEKEND PACKAGES, which are the most "upscale" way to attend the entire
                convention, evening cabaret , dessert party, and breakfast and also get the
                Gold perks like complimentary autographs and a special gift.

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgchi.htm
                I can't believe Paul is going to be in my hometown but we can't get him to come to Dallas. Why did I leave Chicago again??? For financial reasons I may not make it there, but I'm really going to try. Is there anyone on this board who's going? Let the rest of us know b/c I want pics. Not to brag...but Chicago is really a beautiful and BIG city. I lived there all my life and moved when I got married, and yes I miss it a lot. Dallas is nothing like Chicago. I hope Paul's visit is a good one, I think this will be his first trip to Chi-town and hopefully not his last.

If anyone goes someone please ask Paul if he plans to return to the Tulsa, OK con. He was there last year and I missed it. If he returns that's probably the closest I'll get to him.

I wanna go in August...I need to win the lottery and NOW!
                PJumper42

Comment

Originally posted by Dr,jackson View Post
                  *sneaks in *
                  Spoiler:
                  still crying from the sunday ep
                  i'm right there with you *sighs*

but i have to say, i liked submersion. the only bad thing was, that carson wasn't mentioned at all.. but it was such a detached ep, it could have been placed as well before the events in sunday

@jenny: of course not us! *lol* whoever says that is a liar

Visit me at my LJ

Comment

CALLING ALL THUNKERS!!!!!

From www.savecarsonbeckett.com

Our sources tell us Paul McGillion has re-located to Los Angeles for the time being, seeking acting work there. We have an idea to get Paul some exposure in LA and across the US, and to get the campaign some publicity, too.

Many of you will know of Craig Ferguson, who hosts CBS’s The Late Late Show each weekday night, right after The Late Show with David Letterman. Craig is a Scot who is fiercely proud of his Glasgow roots. We think he would be sympathetic and interested in Paul’s story. He might even invite Paul to be on the show, which would be great for his career.

We’re therefore asking fans to please take a moment to email the Late Late Show and tell them that Carson Beckett, the only Scottish member of the Stargate Atlantis expedition, has been written out, and to ask for Craig’s help to get Carson back. Tell them you’d love to see Paul McGillion as a guest on the show. Let them know you support this site and provide our URL, http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com.

Once again, the Late Late Show contact form is at: http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latelate/email/

Feel free to post here once you’ve made your pitch, and let us know if you hear anything back!

N.B. for Non-Americans, to see some of the show, goto YouTube and search for clips. There are loads, many uploaded by the people who do the show AND CBS themselves. They even have a YouTube compeition! Criag Ferguson is HILARIOUS! AND from Glasgow, just 7 miles away from Paul's hometown of Paisley!

EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!

And what is it with Paisley/Glasgow and churning out all those HOT SCOTS! I mean, you got Paul (obviously ) John Barrowman (Capt Jack Harkness), David Tennant, Gerard Butler...all about the same age...There must be something in the water! We should rename it 'Thunksville'!!!!!!

Comment

Argh! I hate being unemployed and money-less! I didn't think my heart could break any further after hearing about 'Sunday' and now Paul's going to be at a con and I can't even go! Do you guys think he'll keep going to cons even though he's not on the show anymore? (Come on, give me hope! Haha!)
                      sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
                        Argh! I hate being unemployed and money-less! I didn't think my heart could break any further after hearing about 'Sunday' and now Paul's going to be at a con and I can't even go! Do you guys think he'll keep going to cons even though he's not on the show anymore? (Come on, give me hope! Haha!)
                        If Teryl Rothery is any indication (and hey, she was the doc, too!), then yes. XD
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
                          CALLING ALL THUNKERS!!!!!

From www.savecarsonbeckett.com

Our sources tell us Paul McGillion has re-located to Los Angeles for the time being, seeking acting work there. We have an idea to get Paul some exposure in LA and across the US, and to get the campaign some publicity, too.

Wow, I know he has mentioned he loves Vancouver and has/had such a great apt.....thats so sad I hope "time-being" means just temp and he gets to go home sooner than later.

Ahh, being an actor can be so hard. I feel for him right now.

I heard the Fray "How to Save a Life" a million times yesterday (which is odd since I never listen to the radio - it was everywhere I went!) and all I could think of was the video that was made for him....

man, so depressing. Pic to cheer up Jenner:

I fionally watched the Final Goal (I made caps first.....LOL, sad). It was soo soo soo bad. I knew which parts Paul was in (thanks to capping!) so I ended up just watching them. Writing is sooooooooo bad, I felt bad for the actors, its like they had no choice to suck.....

sigpic
                          www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Maybe he also moved because he was living so close to Jewel Staite (like next door she once said), I mean I'm sure she's nice, but after all she IS the one replacing him and I guess maybe he needs some time out. ):
                            sigpic

Comment

STARGATE CHICAGO:

The dates to remember are AUGUST 24-26, 2007
                              SQUUEEEE!!! I think I can go ... I have to check my calendar, but I don't think we have any commitments that weekend. And I have months to save up my money. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
                                oh, that's sad hopefully he will find a job soon!!!

Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X