Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*I smile at Shep*

Don't worry about sounding brave right now. We'll just say it was the meds, alright tough guy? I won't knock you out unless you make me have to. And you're actually doing pretty good right now. Me on the other hand? I'd give anything to have an IV line in my arm right now so someone could give me something to make me check out of reality a while. *I shake my head*

But I also want to be right here when Dell comes around, I want her to know that Little Sis is right here. So I guess I can't check out of reality for now. *I pull a chair between their beds but out of the way enough so Shep can still see Dell, and I flop into it*

Comment

*on the other side of the infirmary, Rodney is tapping away at his laptop when Sam walks back in*

I thought I told you no lap--whoa, what happened in here? *she looks around at all of the filled beds*

Something went down with some rogue Marines. They escaped and I'm trying to track their Jumper...Aang's modified Jumper, they took.

And Aang is letting you?

I'm the least injured of her patients here right now, Sam.

That's true, Rodney. And you just couldn't stay out of it, nosy scientist. *she smiles at him and kisses his cheek, nobody sees except for A-Carson, because we are all occupied with our patients for now*

Comment

(Woohoo me again yay! *facepalm*)

*About 2 hours goes by quietly, me doing my rounds with my patients, A-Carson handling the others who come in, and Carson glued to the chair beside Beck. I have retaken my spot in the chair between Shep and Dell's beds*

*Beck's eyes flutter open and flash yellow, but it is still Beck speaking*

Beck: What happened? Why am I...Oh. *Na'Kita's memories of the event flood back to her and then horror hits when she remembers Dell, lying in a pool of blood on the floor* Oh! Dell! Aang!

*I sit bolt upright in my chair and look over at Beck* Sis, take it easy, don't stress yourself. Dell's...Dell's alive. *I can't make myself say more, I can't even reassure myself fully until I can wake her up and see her look at me, hear her talk...*

Beck: I'll be fine, Sis. Na'Kita will help to heal me. That's...why she isn't talking. She's healing me. *she half smiles as I come over and take her hand* Really, I'm fine.

Comment

*Shep has been dozing, but wakes up at the sound Becks voice*
          Welcome back Beck, I'm glad you are alright. You having any luck over there Rodney, oh, hello Sam, when did you get here?

she got here a...while ago.
          Last edited by Dellruby; 30 March 2013, 05:38 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh hello Colonel. I beamed down from the Hammond when Elizabeth told me there had been an...incident. *she half smiles*

Beck: Nice to see you're alright too, Shep. Last I saw you were lying beside Dell on the floor in the holding area where that Marine was kept.

*a minute later, he looks up from his laptop* Thankfully, Aang's Jumper has a unique signature. It's still on the planet but they got out of the city, I think they made it to the mainland if I'm right.
            Last edited by Aang; 30 March 2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

By the sounds of, it that is how and where we all were when Aang found us...I actually didn't see a hell of a lot of it, I went down pretty much right at the start...shot in the back...I never saw Dell go down even.
              sigpic

Comment

*I look up* Yep. When I walked in with both Carsons and Lorne's team, the only two people in the room awake were Poet, though she was paralyzed, and nCarson, but they vanished shortly after. Didn't notice when...I was too busy with... *I choke up for a second and have to swallow back my feelings* ...Dell..

Comment

*Shep reaches out his hand to Aang and takes hers.*
                  You saved her, hold on to that one thought, she is alive, and I am so grateful to you for all that you did, we all are.

*A-Carson comes up behind Aang and pulls her up to him and wraps his arms around her*
                  A-I got ya lass, let it all go now, I got ya.
                  sigpic

Comment

*I smile weakly at Shep, unable to look as strong as I feel I should, and when A-Carson wraps me in his arms, I really do let it all go, I melt into him and let the tears flood down my cheeks as he holds me, releasing the worry and stress I've been feeling since the second I felt the first stab of her pain hit my soul. I had snapped into Doctor Beckett mode and kept running full speed ahead but now I've let go and am sobbing like a baby into A-Carson's chest as he holds me*

I know I saved her life. I know I did. It just...I just...if I hadn't been in here, if I hadn't nearly fallen over with her pain at first...maybe I could have reacted faster. Y..you don't know what it's like to be the one person her life depends on and have her slipping away from you... *It sounds muffled as I am talking into A-Carson's chest*

Comment

A-I do know Lass, I've bee' there ma'self a time or 2. Wha' if's never do ya any good, but a good cry does wonders
                      sigpic

Comment

*I finally manage to slow my tears, looking up into his face as I sniffle a bit*

I think...anyone I didn't love as much and it might not...might not break me down like this...but she's my sister. If I had lost her...I don't think I could ever go on. I'd just...I'd give up.

*A-Carson holds me close, kisses me and cups my face in his hand gently, using his thumb to wipe the tears from my cheeks as he does so, he looks into my face, and I can see his eyes sparkle a bit sadly*

A- But I know ye, ma' Love. Y'd never 'ave let someone else care for 'er. I saw th' deadly look in yer eyes when Jenn'fer walked in, tha's why I sent 'er away an' took 'er place.

And I thank you for that, I was so close to stabbing her with a scalpel, if she'd have opened her mouth and tried to tell me I was doing the surgery wrong on my own sister. *I half smile at how not-doctor-like that must have sounded*

Comment

*he chuckles*
                          A-Ah, lass, yo know she woul' never say such a thing...she has nothing bu' good ta say abou' ya, never heard an unkind word come outta her mouth, Are ya feeling better lass?
                          Last edited by Dellruby; 09 June 2013, 03:44 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

*I nod and smile, but deep inside, I do wish he knew the things Keller had said to me...only my big Sister knows what Keller has said to me, and she is lying unconscious and drugged up in an infirmary bed not three feet from where I am standing*

She...really has good things to say about me? She does? *I know I sound surprised but I am so why hide it?*

Comment

A-Of-course lass, what you thin' she'd be going round bad-mouthing ya and still be on th base? Not a chance!
                              sigpic

Comment

*even if I know Keller must be lying to him, I still actually smile for real*

You're right, love. Don't know what I was thinking. Thank you. *and then I turn in A-Carson's arms, to face Shep* And thank you too, Shep. You're being much better about this than I ever imagined you would be.

Comment

Working...
                                X