No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A- Aye Lad, she is right. I do understand ye wantin' ta be a bit clingy wi' her *he wraps one arm around me and pulls me close to him* But ye do have ta' let 'er go a bit...

Right, and I have to be willing to let my Love go as well...not going to be easy for any of us. Might have been easier if A-Carson hadn't found out about the mission details *I say, glancing over at Dell* because now he's like a scared rabbit if he can't find me within a minute...I was never going to tell him about the risks of that mission...but I guess he did need to know the gravity of the situation...

A- Love, I'm glad that Dell told me. I needed ta' know. I don' like ye keepin' stuff from me, even if it worries me. Y'remember when I went on tha' mission wi'out tellin' ye? How scared an' upset ye were wi' me? Tha's how I'd have been if Dell hadna' told me th' details of th' mission.

When you put it that way...you're right. But enough of that.

Comment

-He would have found out at some stage, one of us would have slipped up and forgotten how much or how little he had been told, then he would really have been mad at you.
      And if he had ever come to me and asked, I would have told him everything, because I know in his place I would want to know it all.

-So much for top secret, and for your eyes only!
      sigpic

Comment

I know...but am I the only one who saw the heartbreaking pain in his eyes at the thought of losing me? That is why I hadn't told him, I had't wanted to see that pain in his gorgeous blue eyes...*I turn and kiss Carson and he pulls me closer, wrapping both arms around me* I wanted to spare him some of the pain that the rest of us felt. *I look over to Dell again, remembering the two of us sobbing at Shep's bedside, heartbroken at the idea of losing each other, and Beck silently crying herself to sleep after overhearing us*

A- He's right though, Love, I would have found out eventually an' I would have been very upset wi' ye. Even th' knowing that ye weren't goin' ta tell me, no matter th' reason, bothers me some. Ye should never worry about tellin' me somethin' tha' important. *his accent is thickening as he hugs me closer to him*

I'm sorry, my Love...I'm sorry I wasn't the one to tell you. I'm sorry I planned to keep it from you. *I snuggle further into his arms, and without letting go of me, he moves toward a couch, pulling me down with him to sit on his lap*

A- It's a'right, Love. I do understan' why ye didna' wan' ta tell me. *he smiles down at me and I smile slightly back up to him, still staying snuggled into his arms*

Comment

well it is all out in the open now, so we can put it behind us, and move on to happier subjects.

*I look up at Shep grateful to him for closing the subject*

-What should we do for dinner, make something here, or go to the mess?
          I vote for here, I'm feeling a little tired and don't want to have to move

*I look over to the others...*
          sigpic

Comment

*Carson and I finally break each other's gaze as we hear Dell and Shep*

Um, I'm with Shep. I'm sure we can cook up something here..we're all finally back at our quarters, no need to leave again just yet.

A- Aye, probably better we stay 'ere. Shep should be allowed ta rest as much as 'e can for a while yet, an' I think time ta' ourselves up 'ere would be nicer than th' loud bustle of th' mess right now.

Comment

I fancy steak and chips, lots of Ketchup and a fried egg on top.

*I look at him*
              -well I'm sure we can make that a whole lot healthier.

I have been eating healthy for the past 2 weeks, can't I have what I want tonight.

-Can I at least put a bit of salad on the side?
              Only if you don't mind when I don't eat it.

*I look to A-Carson to see what he thinks*
              sigpic

Comment

A- It's 'is first meal outside th' infirmary. I'd say to let the lad 'ave what 'e likes this time. As long as 'e eats a bit of salad along with th' steak an' chips. *he smiles a bit, knowing that Shep will not be too happy about the salad*

Hmm, I'd say that sounds delicious. Getting a bit tired of infirmary food myself, we've all been living down there the past two weeks anyway...Hmm, I have it. Instead of the chips, I'll do up my famous potato wedges, they're baked and not fried in any way, so they're quite healthier and I promise, just as tasty

Comment

I'm good with that! *smiles smugly at me*

- remember, you have to have some salad with it. *smile smugly back*

Ok then, show me what you want me to do sis. *get up and follow her out to the kitchen*
                  sigpic

Comment

*I reach the kitchen first and begin to pull out what I'll need, which includes about five different spices and a bottle of olive oil, besides the flat baking pan I'll need to lay the wedges out on* Hmm, where did I put those blasted potatoes? Oh there they are. Um, if you know how to do the steak properly, you can work on that while I do these potatoes.

*I wash and slice the potatoes into thick wedges, then reach for a bowl to mix the spices and the oil, which I somehow end up with all over my hands as I begin to mix the potatoes into it and lay them out on the baking pan* These'll need about 30 minutes in the oven to cook, they'll be delicious and a bit healthier than chips would be but I don't think Shep will mind it a bit.

Comment

*I grab some garlic and chop it up finely, then chop it some more and spread it over the steak, cover it wit gladwrap (cling film?) then put it them in the fridge.*

-These will have a good 20 minutes to wait then.
                      * I get a bowl out that start throwing a salad together*

-do we have to do the fried egg bit? I sure as hell don't want one on my plate!
                      sigpic

Comment

Um if Shep wants, I can do him a fried egg just for his plate and let him have his way, but we don't have to have them, I'm not fond of the liquid-like bits of the fried eggs, so none for me either.

*I pull out my favorite small frying pan and a carton of eggs, waiting for the stove to heat to the right temperature, I may not eat fried eggs but I can sure make one* *the potatoes can be heard sizzling in the oven and I open it to check the color and flip them over, making the whole kitchen smell of potato wedges that have been thoroughly soaked in garlic and other spices*

Comment

*I have nothing more to do at the moment, so I lean against the bench and watch lil sis work, she is so much better at cooking than me.*
                          sigpic

Comment

*by now, I am frying up an egg, thankfully without breaking the yolk so I haven't managed to make a fool of myself yet, and my potatoes are nearly done*

Well so now you get to see me really cooking, Sis. *I laugh as I use a fork to pull one potato wedge from the oven and set it on a plate to cool and then expertly flip the egg with a spatula*

Comment

*opps, see what I mean, better put the steak on! lucky for me it doesn't take long*
                              sigpic

Comment

*I slide the egg onto Shep's plate and pop the potatoes out of the oven to a cooling rack on the counter, then point to the one wedge I'd taken from the oven a couple of minutes earlier* Would you like to try a potato, before we serve them to the guys?

*I'm laughing slightly, wondering how Sis has never noticed how well I cook before and thinking of the first time my Mum found out I'd used the stove when I was a child*

Comment

Working...
                                X