No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my parents used to have friends with British accents so I did have some firsthand experience with it. But I've always been a talker and I've always liked accents. Spent enough time mimicking people that I picked up some accents pretty well xD

Comment

Originally posted by Aang View Post
      Well my parents used to have friends with British accents so I did have some firsthand experience with it. But I've always been a talker and I've always liked accents. Spent enough time mimicking people that I picked up some accents pretty well xD
      It's a game I do with my dad. It's fun. It's something we do together.
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
        It's a game I do with my dad. It's fun. It's something we do together.
        I understand completely, my dad and I had a made up language we used to use. It gave my mom headaches trying to understand us, but we'd have full on conversations in the language sometimes just to confuse people...

Comment

...I'm the only one who does the Scottish burr around here but admittedly, I pick up accents well...now, my best friend and I can fake our way through a conversation with a New Zealand accent...and my room mate and I can hold hours of conversation in a proper British accent...
          Oh yeah? Well I think I should be the judge of that! Bet mines better!
          sigpic

Comment

Actually bet yours sounds Australian.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dellruby View Post
              Oh yeah? Well I think I should be the judge of that! Bet mines better!
              I'm sure yours is better. *points to your location* Like I said, we fake our way through it...

Australian? Where'd you get that idea from, mate? *Australian accent* We picked up our New Zealand accent from an actress we both like who's originally from NZ...xD

Comment

Which one, most Kiwis end up using fake US accents, such as Patrick Jane from Mentalist
                sigpic

Comment

Which one, most Kiwis end up using fake US accents, such as Patrick Jane from Mentalist
                  Lucy Lawless actually. She did use a fake accent in Xena: Warrior Princess, but at conventions and in interviews, she uses her natural New Zealand accent quite a bit from what we've watched

Comment

yeah, ok I give you that one, she still sounds mostly NZ, but it is an Auckland accent, and sounds a bit different to mine which is a more southern....I come from the other end of the country! The cold end
                    sigpic

Comment

yeah, ok I give you that one, she still sounds mostly NZ, but it is an Auckland accent, and sounds a bit different to mine which is a more southern....I come from the other end of the country! The cold end
                      Well that may be but it's still NZ. I admit my British sometimes sounds a little Australian when I cross it with my Southern (American) accent by accident...xD ...As for the "cold" end, well being that it's roughly 35-40f outside right now, I do not pity you. *shiver*

Comment

Well that may be but it's still NZ. I admit my British sometimes sounds a little Australian when I cross it with my Southern (American) accent by accident...xD ...As for the "cold" end, well being that it's roughly 35-40f outside right now, I do not pity you. *shiver*
                        That is a bit like saying a Texan accent is the same as a New Yorkers!
                        but I will let you off, cuz most people miss the NZ one by a few hundred miles and do the ozzy drawl.
                        sigpic

Comment

oh, and it's spring, and I moved up the country from Dunedin to Christchurch a little over 15 years ago! it is 25c or 77f outside right now, and lovely sunshine!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, 77 is like summer weather over here. It's mid-fall, nearly winter here so 35-40f is about accurate.

Also, you do have a point but both New York and Texan accents are American accents of a variety. Different accents but both American as I doubt you'd find a Texan accent over in NZ or something unless you've got a tourist from Texas wandering through

Comment

Actually there is a Texan in my Oxy class at the gym, so I get to here it a bit...she live here now
                              sigpic

Comment

o_o'

Well I stand corrected then. But still if she's got a Texan accent, she got it from over here in America...xD

Comment

Working...
                                X