Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post

The pics shall be up soon, I just have to crop and lighten them since the room was really dark.

And I got to hug him! *squee*
    Ok fangirl...hurry up with that report I need to live vicariously through someone. April is still too dang far away!

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

okay, here is my Paul/Rachel report complete with fangirl moments

Spoiler:
      Paul was such a sweetheart at the Con (And yes, the rumor that he's engaged is true; he said that he was at the Sunday breakfast; I'm really happy for him and wish him luck!). They had the everyone but the gold people have their autographs in the morning so Katie and I got them right away which was good, although they said that they weren't going to personalize them which was fine. However Paul did personalize my ‘Dog’s Breakfast’ poster which was sweet of him (especially since I didn’t ask him to).

There’s a story behind that: I went up to get the audio book of Carson that he did signed first (after looking through the leaf and saying that it looked interesting) and then signed the ‘Dog’s Breakfast’ poster. But before he signed the leaf he looked at my Captain America shirt and said that he liked it. I said thank you and that I loved the character and comic (which I do). Then Paul said that he wanted my shirt. I smiled and then my brain processed it and I went ‘O.M.G.’ then I replied (jokingly) that I had an undershirt on and he said ‘nonono’ while chuckling. I’m sorry but I won’t give that up even if Kavan Smith said he wanted it.

Then he asked my name and I said it, he started to repeat it and got it wrong (which was easy to do since it was loud) so I corrected him.

Him and Rachel were together for their talk and they were funny. Before questions Paul thanked all the fans and especially the ‘Save Carson’ people because he said that we really made a difference and it was a testament to how well loved the character was.

There were a lot of questions, they talked about pranks on the show (most on Rachel); they were shooting ‘Irresistible’, it was the scene where they were hiding and the guys were in bushes while Rachel decided that she wanted to be all stealthy and ‘Warrior Princess’ so she hid up in a tree. So while they were waiting in-between takes Joe, Paul and Jason decided to throw pebbles at her and Rachel couldn’t get down since they had already blocked the scene so she was stuck in the tree. Then Jason decides to take a branch and poke Rachel’s back with it.

Another prank was played on Paul by Joe. It was where Carson goes off-world so he has his pack and what Joe did was put about 25 pounds of rocks into his pack (without him knowing) and he didn’t say anything so by the end of the day Paul’s pouring sweat. Also Joe had the heaviest extra go onto the stretcher and they blocked it like that so the guy has to stay since he’s in the shot so Paul is carrying the heaviest end of the stretcher with the pack full of rocks on while David is “complaining” about how heavy the stretcher was (he had the light end). Joe high-tails it out of there without telling Paul so he has one of the PA’s go over to Paul and ask how he was doing and to open the pack.

I went up there and asked a question to both Paul and Rachael. My questions for Paul was how remote the house in ‘Dog’s Breakfast’ really was and apparently it was about 3 miles from Bridge Studio and they were going to condemn it and tear it down to make a condo complex.

Another story about ‘Dog’s Breakfast’ (one that he’s told a few times); David wanted Paul to dress like a woman and put on make-up so he said fine. The make-up artist said that he had done a lot of drag queens so he’ll make Paul look purdy (my word not his) and the artist did do a good job and apparently Paul shaved his legs for it! ^-^ Anyways, he puts on a bra, pantyhose and heels and felt like a wrestler. It’s the scene where David climbs out the bathroom nekkid and falls face first into the mud (since apparently it had been raining all week). So they’re waiting in-between takes and Paul can feel the heels start to sink into the mud and wants to get it over with. David (who’s still nekkid, face first in the mud) chimes in ‘you’re telling me.’

And apparently nekkid David isn’t that nice to look at.

I asked Rachel that after they worked her pregnancy into the show they had changed her wardrobe and she was wearing the maternity dress that it was kind of distracting. Right after I said that I added ‘in a good way, in a good way’ and Paul chimes ‘in a great way.’ But what I was wondering was if she had any say in it or if they just said that this was what she was going to wear. She didn’t know what I was talking about so I elaborated that it was made out of leather (or looked like leather) and might have worn it in ‘Kindred pt. 1’ (Paul: Oh I remember that one, nice leather with stitching on the side). She still didn’t know what I was talking about so Paul had to tell her (out of mic range) what it exactly was and she went ‘Oh! Oh that one’ which garnered a lot of laughs. Rachel said that she would see the sketches of what they had in mind and would choose the fabric and colors and such.

Rachel also said she based Teyla off of her mother’s people who live in Tanzania and are completely cut off from the world so they don’t have any of the modern worries and are connected with the Earth and stars. She also said that she was trained as a dancer so she didn’t have much acting training.

She also sang (after some teasing from Paul) a lullaby and it was really really nice.

Someone asked if there was ever a time that she really lost it on set and she told a story where they were in an area and (I believe) there was going to be a fight scene. After awhile the director/someone asked her to leave so Joe and Jason start ripping on her that “she couldn’t handle it…weak female…leave the fighting to the men…blah blah blah.” She tolerated it for about ten minutes then had to put them in their place. But she knew it was all in good fun and apparently Jason is when Marmaduke meets (some thing I forget) and after that he kept coming by her trailer and apologizing for the comments.

She also talked about how she didn’t expect to get pregnant and when she did wasn’t sure how to tell the producers. It was when Amanda joined SGA and since she had gone through the show with her pregnancy said that she’d give her a pep talk and wait while she told TPTB. Which was really really nice of her to do. When she told the guys they went from a smile to o.O but were able to work around it. Also when she was first pregnant there was a huge fight scene (she was about 3 months along) so she had to go to Bam-Bam (James Bamford) and tell him that she was pregnant, since no one knew about it. She still did the scene (and right after that had an appointment with her OB/GYN who was happy that she lost 5 pounds…which was from the fight) but after that they toned things down.

Paul said that his favorite episode was ‘Poisoning the Well’ because it really solidified Carson as a medical character and told a story about how in the scene where he walks down the tunnel while carrying the bags and such and they were doing take after take until they finally got it right and then after they started to move on Rachel pips up that she “forgot” (his perception not mine) to say her line, sorry, WORD. Rachel said that it was too noisy so she didn’t hear her cue but Paul was like ‘no, we’re moving on.’

Another funny story that he told at the beginning of the session was before Rachel went on her maternity leave the cast and crew decided to have a baby shower for her and one of the people was putting together a book for Rachel. He said that people were doing all these cutesy things but he wanted to do something different so he got the make-up people to do Teyla’s make-up on him and took a wig and the maternity dress that Rachel’s stunt person had (complete with a baby bump) and got dressed in them. He also took the bantos sticks and enlisted Jason to help him, so they took pictures of them fighting with the caption ‘Mama’s fighting’, one with Paul in his trailer with his feet up and a bag of chip with ‘Mama’s hungry’ and one with Paul a bottle of J&D (I think) with ‘Mama’s drunk’.

Everyone was rolling with laughter.

Paul also did his Joe impression as well as his David impression. He also said that he loved it when Beckett got to go off world in the black outfit, cool but not as cool as Joe. After everyone laughed and it died down, I shouted ‘You’re cooler than Joe!’ (which got cheers and applause) Paul looked RIGHT AT ME and I just grinned and waved at him, he just said (in his Beckett voice) ‘oh a sexy little beast are we?’

I just about died.

A guy asked about the accent and how he decided to do it and Paul replied that he based it on his parents (whom he pokes fun at because they say that they don’t have an accent anymore but they do) and actually when he went in to read for Carson they wanted him to do an English accent but he said no, he thought Carson would be better with a Scottish accent but the person who was doing the read said no, they wanted English. But Carson said he could do an educated Scottish accent and that not all Scots were out train spotting and that you could understand them.

Paul also said that he went to university and got his degree because his parents wanted him to get a degree (Paul’s dad: just get your bloody degree) so he did in Education and he could teach History as well as Phys Ed. Then he got into acting and his dad was upset but became okay with it once he found out how much Paul made from one job.

Another story he told about being on set was when they were shooting ‘The Eye’ and he and Rachel were walking down the hallway then Sora (who had a knife that was a machete) attacked Carson then Teyla fought Sora. Paul said that since he had to behind Rachel (since Carson was a little girl) between takes they would walk down the hall ‘Charlie’s Angels’ style and then the both of the rubbed their butts together much to the delight of everyone.

I got my photo-op with Paul (I wore make-up and if you know me then you know that I never wear it) and was one of the last ones to and he was the sweetest person! I was content to stand next to him but he pulled me into a hug and I (inwardly) squeed. Then I said that I was going to my Education degree with a minor in History and he smiled then clapped me on the shoulder and told me to “hit it.”

So after I meet Kavan Smith I can die happy.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Con pic for ya, more to come when I get to it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
          <snip>

We like to start off by saying "Insy winsy spider..." and then trail off mysteriously.
          Good times, good times...xD

@ ElizabethBartlett: Brilliant report! I WILL meet him one day...damn you, FailCon. *fistshake* Ah well, I suppose third time's the charm, right?

Comment

Wow EB!! Great report!! Good to hear our Hot Scot's got himself a lovely lady. *does happy dance for Paul* Yes I was dancing. No it's not a seizure. hehehe More reports and pics please!! Wooooohoooo!!! hehehehe }:O
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that fab report EB - I couldn't get to it myself (because I'm way across the pond in Paul's motherland), but your report makes it feel like I was there

Obviously I'm envious of whoever his fiance is, but I care about him so I want him to be happy Anyway, we still get to look at him and daydream, don't we? Plus Carson's still available, hehehe
              Newly liberated multi-thunker
              http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
              Julia xx

Comment

I went to the con with EB! It was sort of a personal mission of mine to get a hug from everyone, since my birthday is on Wednesday. When I asked Paul for a hug he said sure, stood up and walked around the table to give me a hug. Before he hugged me he said, "How young will you be?" And I said twenty-two and he goes, "Awww, baby!" Then gives me this really tight genuine hug. Just as I was letting go EB says, "I hate you Katie!" (she was joking of course). And Paul squeezes me tighter. I thought he was either going to fall on me, or choke me to death. It was amazing.

Oh and I asked him to try his hand at an impression of Connor Trinneer, him and Rachel teased me saying, "Do you have a crush on Connor?" It was hilarious! Paul is seriously the funniest, sweetest man ever!

Comment

Ya got to hug the Hot Scot spork67? *does happy dance for spork* hehe }:O
                  sigpic

Comment

She did, although he wanted my shirt

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Checking in here although late got back tonight and have been working on going through pics most of night. I will hopefully have more pics tomorrow... I got very camera happy this past weekend. Of course many of them did not turn out so great.... but some of them did. So I'm posting these two for time being until I can keep my eyes open and spend some more time on them...aside from the quickly done watermark thingie these are unedited pics.

More to come .....

Comment

omg keep those pics coming, you lucky ladies! (gosh he's getting older lol)

And I'm pretty sure Paul has been in a relationship since at least June?? Or so the JM blog Q&A says. I thought there were pics circulating before that, tho.

Frelling gateworld locked me out for more than a day. Growly face.

Comment

Hi
                          I'm new to this and I'm a big SGA and Sg-1 fan, Carsen is one of my fav! The pictures are awesome!

Comment

hey, girljumper1!! Welcome!!

Have some Paul-in-a-suit. ^_^

Comment

^^ Lovely pic!

Welcome to Gateworld (and this topic), girljumper
                              Newly liberated multi-thunker
                              http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
                              Julia xx

Comment

Didja hear what she said? I got meself a new thunker!

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

Working...
                                X